Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Gortat played a beautiful game last night.  

except for when he missed that bunny w/ under :20 to go LOL. 

Other than that, he was great. 

Team did everything they could to lose last night.  Glad we got the W, but they HAVE to put away inferior teams w/ authority. 

Trevor Booker 0 points on 0-4 shooting. Why is this guy starting again?

he doesn't even qualify for the "veteran presence" card 

Booker seems to be decent in bursts, but the longer he plays, the more he is exposed.

Edited by StillUnknown

A little off topic but does anyone park at a parking garage when they go to the Verizon center? Is it worth it instead of talking the metro and dealing with the ignorance?

I always park on the street.  Usually pretty easy to find parking near the 3rd street tunnel

except for when he missed that bunny w/ under :20 to go LOL. 

Other than that, he was great. 

Team did everything they could to lose last night.  Glad we got the W, but they HAVE to put away inferior teams w/ authority.

We're not that good yet. I'll take any win any way short of cheating. I don't know that we'll ever really reach the day when I can complain about not winning dominantly enough like Lakers and Spurs fans.

We're not going to be able to overtake Chicago. Their remaining schedule is probably easier than ours:

1.) @ Atlanta

2.) Milwaukee

3.) @ us

4.) @ Minny

5.) Detroit

6.) @ New York

7.) Orlando

8.) @ Charlotte

We're going to need to beat them and have them lose several games they shouldn't + finish our schedule at least 7-2 to overtake them.

Brooklyn's remaining schedule:

1.) Minnesota

2.) Houston

3.) @ New York

4.) Detroit

5.) @ Philly

6.) @ Miami

7.) @ Orlando

8.) Atlanta

9.) Orlando

10.) New York

11.) @ Cleveland

Their schedule is harder, but not a whole lot harder. We're going to need them to lose several games down the stretch, but I think we can overtake them if we finish 7-2. Or at least tie them. Head to head is the tie breaker right?

I have a feeling we're destined for a match up with Toronto though. We'll finish something like 5-4, dropping games to teams we need to (and should) beat. We won't get one of the two teams we owned this season, but the one that owned us.

I think a 4 seed and first round match up against Chicago is our best bet for winning in the first round. Unless Toronto and Chicago collapse and we go on a tear and somehow end up in the three seed with home court against Brooklyn.

The damn Atlantic division and three games remaining against the dregs of the Central makes Toronto's final stretch of their schedule pretty easy:

1.) @ Orlando

2.) @ Miami

3.) vs Houston

4.) vs Indy

5.) @ Milwaukee

6.) vs Philly

7.) vs New York

8.) @ Detroit

9.) Milwaukee

10.) @ New York

No Excuses: ".........we have no better options [than Booker]"

When Seraphin is on, he's a MUCH better option than Booker. Granted, he's an up-and-down player who sometimes gives you 0 points, 2, fouls, 2 TOs in less than 5 mins, but if  he starts stinking it up like that, he can just be taken out. OTOH he can give you 15-25 quality mins, which clearly outweighs <5 bad ones. He can't get hot if he doesn't get in, not to mention that he hasn't had a stinker performance in a while. Even if he isn't hot, he's still typically good for a handful or so of points on limited attempts. There's been at least one game in fairly recent memory where he had high single digits at halftime only to not get in during the 2nd half.

Honestly I have been SHOCKED at how little playing time he's gotten during the absence of Nene. Granted, some of it is that he was hurt for a while, but he was well enough to start against Portland a week or so back, and he gave a pretty standard performance for him. Seraphin is a rhythm player who needs to be confident to play well, and taking him out quickly even when he isn't stinking it up can't do much for his confidence.

More reason to fire Wittman, I guess. :P

Edited by TheItalianStallion

Seraphin can't play PF because he can't move well, with or without the ball. Think about it. How many time have you seen him drive to the rim or even cut to the rim? He's got concrete feet. Can you imagine him chasing around Paul Millsap?

Yeah Seraphin does have concrete feet. It doesn't make sense because he is a pretty good athlete and I think he's actually pretty explosive.

I've don't think I've ever once seen him face up and drive to the basket.

I just think the game has never truly slowed down for him. I think he needs to stick to certain spots on the court and the floor vision has never really been there.

I also don't think Gooden should necessarily start. I think he should play a good amount of minutes with Wall, but I'm kind of waiting for the other shoe to drop with him. He's playing way better in a small sample size with us than he ever has before.

I'm ok with Booker starting until Nene gets back because he doesn't crap his pants. He does take some important stuff off the table. He makes a lot of mistakes on defense. He doesn't always set good screens. He seems a little too quick to face up and settle for a contested jumper. He does make most of his shots and he's a good inside finisher, particularly for his size. And he can rebound. He's got a decent IQ, at least on offense. He works best when we push the tempo, seems a lot less effective in half court sets.

We need Nene back. Nene with Gooden coming off the bench first has a chance to actually be a good PF situation.

What a great weekend after that ****ty road trip! I was SHOCKED that we beat the Pacers so handily and was super glad we beat Atlanta after we tried to lose it every way possible. When Wall missed both free throws and Gortat missed that gimme I was really down.

I agree Stallion - no idea why Seraphin isnt getting more minutes. Wittman gets outcoached by everybody.

• Like 1