Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

The West Coast teams are balling hard right now because they are fighting for spots. The East Coast teams (at least the ones who would never be close to legit in the West) are not playing like they are in an urgent situation. 

I marvel at Toronto right now. They got nobody. Nada. Zilch, but they are playing like they actually believe they have a shot at rings this year. They don't, but coaching makes such a difference. Shame, Ted Leonsis.

We rode such an inspired wave when Nene went down but it couldn't last. They are finally playing like I thought they'd play without him. His impact on this team is so underrated. Gortat is trying to pick up the slack in the "veteran leadership" department but his on-court leadership lacks the b-ball IQ that Hilario (what happened to THAT name?) gives us. I'm not dissing Marcin at all. He leads by example. I just feel like we lose game savvy without the Brazilian.

• Like 1

2 words everyone: Out-Coached.

We been found out. Its as clear as day. Honestly, i am perplexed that it took this long for other teams to catch on. Defend the high pick and roll, make Beal take long-2's, and shoot 3's. If they do that its over, we have no chance. There is literally 2 plays in the Wittman playbook:

1. High pick and roll

2. Beal circle jerk long two.

After that, its just Wall doing superhuman ****. On top of that, our perimeter defense has been getting absolutely shredded. You can thank Webster, Harrington, and Gooden for that. Dont even need to defend Booker. He's been found out months ago, yet he continues to start. This team is going nowhere, ad its dissapointing. When Andre Miller can play better perimeter defense on a 4 than anyone else we throw out there, there is something horribly wrong. Get Porter in there. Get Seraphin in there to start the game, not garbage minutes. Give this team a chance to compete.

• Like 4

This team is at least 6-8 games better than it's record. Wittman is a career loser. Not sure what people expected out of him. No matter who they play in the first round, they are getting a quick exit.

I only wonder how secure him and EG are if we somehow finish below .500. Even Ted would have a tough time spinning that.

• Like 2

This team is at least 6-8 games better than it's record. Wittman is a career loser. Not sure what people expected out of him. No matter who they play in the first round, they are getting a quick exit.

I only wonder how secure him and EG are if we somehow finish below .500. Even Ted would have a tough time spinning that.

I said it before the AS break that the team with a better coach (I kept using Karl as an example) would be 5 games better than they were. The adjustments are just so poor during a game. Its sad.

Beal might need a change in coaching more than anybody else. With Wittman basically encouraging the long two approach, those bad habits could set in if they extend Wittman.

I agree completely. Everything about Beal, and to a lesser extent Wall, is down to the emphasis on taking every open shot.

Second foul call on Ariza was total bull ****.

You've got to be kidding me that they fell asleep and let him score on that last possession. At the rim.

Yep both players were fighting for position with a lot of hand checking. Easy to see it shoulda been a no call.

Gotta hit these good looks were getting. Gone a bit cold the past few minutes.

Big shot by Martell to get it up to 7 before the half. Gotta keep the same defensive energy in the second half, it was fantastic in the first.

Edited by STBonecrusher21

It does not feel like George has 21 pts. Ariza is struggling shooting, but his D tonight has been top notch. Making PGs night a living hell.

Check that, 19 pts for PG.

Wall with the deeep 3! Dagger?

Edited by STBonecrusher21