Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Just when you think the team might have turned a corner, they managed to remind you that they are in fact, Wizards.

How funny would that be if we didn't make the playoffs

Wouldn't be the end of the world, it should guarantee that Grunfeld & Wittman's exit.

If I had to choose between getting rid of Dumb & Dumber or making the playoffs as a 7th or 8th seed, I'm cool with sitting the postseason out. We go 5 games at best with Miami or Indy.

• Like 1

Those and-1s by Temple at the end were pretty much the same play our guys were making all night but with no call, and of course no made basket. How many moving screens did they get away with? Wasn't that supposed to be a point of emphasis this year? Could've fooled me; the rate of it being called doesn't seem to have gone up.

Don't know what's more frustrating:

- Getting beaten by a better, deeper team who just outplay yous and you know you can't win no matter how well you play.

- Getting beaten by an awful team because you played horribly.

Nene has knee problems, and Gortat has back problems. Those are the worst two problems you can have.

Gortat doesn't have back problems. He hadn't missed a game all season until last night. That doesn't constitute back problems.

Oh damn, you went ahead and watched it? That's the double edge of trying to watch the game spoiler free. I'm tired just from watching it live.

10:30 start tonight, it's going to be an even later night tonight.

But at least it's Friday...

We have 6 games in the next 10 days. I think it's Lakers Suns Nuggets Bobcats and two other teams (too lazy to google it lol)

But yeah, we need to win at least 3 out of the 6, but we really need to win 4 of them. We have to bounce back from this little "funk" we have right now before it turns into something ridiculous.

Edited by MLSKINS

Oh damn, you went ahead and watched it? That's the double edge of trying to watch the game spoiler free. I'm tired just from watching it live.

10:30 start tonight, it's going to be an even later night tonight.

It's hard for me to get into games where I already know the outcome. Not as much with the Wizards (hell this year I've listened to games in the car, gotten home and watched it on the DVR) but it being so late made it tough. And I can't lie, once they got down I hit the fast forward last night and watched much of the 4th like that (first at 1x speed, then 2x and finally 3x when it became apparent they weren't gonna make a run.)

(And I love baseball--it and basketball were the two sports of my childhood--but I find it damn near impossible to watch a taped Nats game if I already know the outcome. So I really go on a full-on media blackout during baseball season.)