Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

The fragile situation we are in with our bigs really shows itself when we go out west.

I am preparing myself for the possibility that we end up in the 7th spot. Even 6th terrifies me but ultimately I think we'll be out in the first round no matter who we play. The injury bug just hit us hard down the end-of-season stretch and despite the fact that we've done okay without Nene and Seraphin, it can't last. 

Are there things that Beal needs to work on? Absolutely. However, people need to remember that he's ONLY 20. Sad to say, but there are too many fickle people in this fanbase who are more than ready to give him the same treatment Wall got before this season SMH. I guess it goes w. the territory.

his big problem is taht he is taking too many long 2s. Thats Wittman.

He converts a decent clip from 3 and around the basket, yet most of his shots are in that mid to long range two area.

his big problem is taht he is taking too many long 2s. Thats Wittman.

He converts a decent clip from 3 and around the basket, yet most of his shots are in that mid to long range two area.

I think in general we attempt more long 2s than any other team. Makes no sense...

• Like 1

it really sucks that all of the other 3 teams won last night , but seriously...

No More 7th or 8th Seed Talk. Cut it out. Bad ju ju.

Idk, sometimes I think embracing and even celebrating the negative puts a reverse ju ju on it. Plus if/when the negative happens, you're already prepared mentally for it.

It's hard for me to get into games where I already know the outcome. Not as much with the Wizards (hell this year I've listened to games in the car, gotten home and watched it on the DVR) but it being so late made it tough. And I can't lie, once they got down I hit the fast forward last night and watched much of the 4th like that (first at 1x speed, then 2x and finally 3x when it became apparent they weren't gonna make a run.)

(And I love baseball--it and basketball were the two sports of my childhood--but I find it damn near impossible to watch a taped Nats game if I already know the outcome. So I really go on a full-on media blackout during baseball season.)

I can't get invested in DVRed games either. I watched a couple of them this season, I knew we'd lost and I ended up fast forwarding through the parts where bad stuff was happening too. I basically just watched to see if Wall or Beal did anything cool.

I have to watch baseball live too. They were showing replays from the 2012 season over and over again and I couldn't watch them. I need that mystery and tension in baseball.

I can watch replays of old basketball broadcasts though. I'll sit down and watch an old ACC game from two teams I don't care about from 1996 or something and be entertained start to finish. It makes me feel nostalgic.

It's hard for me to get into games where I already know the outcome. Not as much with the Wizards (hell this year I've listened to games in the car, gotten home and watched it on the DVR) but it being so late made it tough. And I can't lie, once they got down I hit the fast forward last night and watched much of the 4th like that (first at 1x speed, then 2x and finally 3x when it became apparent they weren't gonna make a run.)

(And I love baseball--it and basketball were the two sports of my childhood--but I find it damn near impossible to watch a taped Nats game if I already know the outcome. So I really go on a full-on media blackout during baseball season.)

I'm the exact same way GAC. Media/text message blackouts while DVRing is a must for me. I've pretty much mastered it at this point, absolutely hate it when I'm in like the 7th inning of a game and get a random text from a friend going crazy that we just hit a walk off homer in the 9th or something.

I don't want to miss the playoffs. I love the NBA playoffs, it's one of the funnest times in sports for me. I don't care if we get the 7 or 8 seed. I'm going to soak up every bit of TNT and NBATV's coverage of the Wizards in the postseason and geek out for the games.

This fan base deserves to care about our team in the playoffs again. Even if it's just for a week. I want to hear Ernie and Kenny and Chuck talk about us.

Plus John needs to make the playoffs. For the sake of everyone's sanity this offseason. Even if we get swept, that's still infinitely better than the way it would be if we melted down, got the 9th seed and lost our pick, fired everyone, and entered the offseason in utter disarray. We'd be in the same boat as Cleveland and New York.

• Like 1