Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Interesting three guard small lineup.

Drew Gooden is becoming one of my favorite Wizards. That guy has been absolutely money since he got here.

Why was he unemployed? I can't see how he was available with no teams showing much interest considering how good a scorer he is off the bench,

Why do only our players seem to have an issue with the court?

I asked the same thing earlier. It's like they walked through a puddle of oil on the way out of their locker room.

Wall has turned into a pretty lethal shooter.

He's streaky, but on the nights he's feeling it he will make shots from everywhere on the court. And he'll make them off balance and against a good closeout. His confidence is really good right now.

The league hasn't adjusted to his 3 ball yet IMO. Guys play so far off him because they're afraid of his speed. They're going to have to start guarding him at the three point line. And that's really going to open up the floor as a whole.

Love the way we're closing out this game defensively.

Damn Antic was wide open for that corner three and they couldn't get the ball in bounds. We're lucky Atlanta isn't that good.

I don't really like the way that call played out on Gortat. Lou Williams didn't get the contact he was looking for on his pump fake. So he moves into Gortat, then fades away and shoots and it's a shooting foul?

Unnecessarily stressful final few minutes but good win nonetheless.

38-35 with 9 games left. All against East teams. Miami, Charlotte, and Chicago are the only playoff teams remaining.

Two games against Boston. One against New York, Orlando, Milwaukee. Most of those teams should be in full on tank mode.

We're capable of closing out the year 8-1. There really should be no excuse to not go at least 6-3.

We need to beat Charlotte twice to make sure we don't end up in 7th place. And we really really need to beat Boston, Milwaukee, and Orlando. And you know what, we really should beat the Knicks too. We need to finish 7-2.

Which would put us at 46 wins, surpassing the best Gilbert Arenas Wizards season.