Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

The Nuggets aren't that bad. They've only got four less wins than us and they're always a tough matchup in Denver. But we played like ****. Wall turned his brain off for the last 15 minutes of the game. The offensive flow was atrocious and most of that is on the guards. Even Miller was making pretty bad mistakes.

Good teams don't lose games against teams like the Nuggets

False. They nuggets have beaten the clippers and heat in the past week or so.

This isn't surprising. It's frustrating. This is where top coaching has their teams ready.

Well we have Wittman so.....

Team looks poorly coached out there on the floor too often. We've had too many games like this. Over time, you'd see the effect of great coaching add up and we would have more wins. This team should already be well past the 40 win mark. They should have been able to got to 50 this season, or come damn close, even with Nene getting hurt.

Sloppiness aside, the pressure their guards put on ours really took the rhythm away from our offense.

Aaron Brooks and Ty Lawson and Evan Fournier and Randy Foye shouldn't be able to shut our guards down. They shouldn't have won this match up so handily. Our guards and wings played poorly. They pressed and didn't play with patience or anticipation. Our PGs got beaten pretty bad by theirs.

• Like 1

J. Michael (@JMichaelCSN): Gooden: "This is 1 of those games where we thought we would just show up and win the game." #WizardsTalk #NBA #WizNuggets

Pretty much tells the story.

That's rediculous. Even the Spurs don't walk into a stadium thinking all they have to do is show up to win, and they're the #1 seed on a 13 game winning streak. Pop won't allow it, so I wonder what Randy is doing about that.

I think i can pin-point exactly where we could make an improvement. Bench Booker for Seraphin and Bring Otto in over Webster for now. Seriously, Martell has not done a damn thing in 2 months. He has completely given up playing defense at this point, and his man is getting easy 3 point looks almost every possession he is on the court. The only thing he seems to be doing out there is looking to make a 4 point play. Thats it. Dude is averaging more than 25 min per game in the past 15 games. Here is his point total ....

That is not worthy of the minutes. If hes hurt, take him off the court. Otto has atleast been playing pretty sound defense all year long. This has got to change. Hes playing entitled out there.

Booker is a hustle guy, and thats it. He has no offensive moves, and plays almost no defense. Why is he playing over Seraphin? Dude has to be injured, otherwise it makes no sense at all.

I believe the Nuggets have four guys out with knee injuries. This is a poor loss, but I've come to expect it with this team. Easiest schedule in the NBA at the end if the season and they will find a way to **** it up.

The Nuggets record is about the same as ours.

Wonder how far their collapse could go?  Cold they fall out of the playoffs?

Not likely, the East is that bad.

Still, it's a crime that we're going to be in the playoffs and Phoenix won't be. 

Get to get swept in the first and miss out on the deepest draft in years. Hooray...

We'll still get the 6 seed and Nene coming back will be huge. Dont give up yet but we've been embarrassing the past week or so. I read that Nene is still on track to return in a week or so. It just seems we've gotten too comfortable thinking we're already in the playoffs.

Wall seems like at times he's just unstoppable. I wish he could do that more consistently.

• Like 1