Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

If Wittman coaches the Lakers for a season, you'll understand. The 4th quarter motionless offense will make want to throw your tv out a window.

Can't be any worse then Dantoni. What team gives up nearly 50 in one quarter ?

The Wiz offense is so unpredictable. There seems to be zero semblance of balance or structure.

Like a pick up game sometimes. Players calling their own game.

Edited by Kosher Ham

I didn't even realize Wall got a triple double.  I was too pissed off.

Feels like everyone in the Eastern playoff picture is playing the way they should except the top two seeds and us.  What are we worn down from?  We're barely .500.

Randy, ****ing rest Ariza and start Webster and play Porter.  Jesus, it shouldn't be this hard.

Pacers are in worse shape than us.  Their team has problems with each other on the court LOL. 

This is the one EC team I think we actually have a chance of beating in a 7 game series.

As far as a coach for next year, SVG is out there....**** throw some money at Jerry Sloan if you have to.  Lionel Hollins, maybe?  All I know is that I want NOTHING to do w/ Mark Jackson....even tho I have a feeling he'll be coaching St. John's when Lavin is eventaully fired grrrr...

and believe it or not, but this SHOULD be a desirable place to coach due to having a good core.   

nah, we cooked lol.

Wittless lost about 10 games this year due to being him.

Yeah I think this was a 50 win team with a good coach.  Wittman is one of the weakest in the entire league.

Budenholzer, Casey, Thibs, and Clifford would win 50 games with this team.  None of those guys have had the talent we had this season, but all of them got their teams to be something a lot more than the sum of their parts.  Their teams overachieve.

I honestly think those guys could be the four best coaches in the East.  I want some of that for us.  I want us to go after Kevin Ollie.

If you told me a four game sweep or 4-1 loss to Indy or Miami in the first round gets us Ollie this summer, I would gladly take that.

George Karl is who I would target.

He's a huge upgrade over Wittman, but I don't think he's the ultimate solution.  I'd be OK with him if we hired him though.

I'm not crazy about the idea of SVG, though he's definitely a good coach and I'd be OK with him too if he's the hire

Also I agree about not wanting Mark Jackson.

I think Sloan is too old.

Lionel Hollins would be fine, but he's not my first choice.

Calipari is interesting, but I kind of have a hard time seeing him leave Kentucky.

Kevin Ollie is my first choice.  I think he'd be fantastic.  And I think he could help us recruit KD in two years.

I don't agree with the idea that Indiana is the team we should want to see in the first round. And watching this team down the stretch, even as someone that is becoming more understanding of basketball can tell we're getting out-coached. Ted has to look at it like this: do you see Randy as a coach that can win you a championship? The answer is obvious now, and I won't forgive Ted for maintaining this status quo because it finally looks better then **** for a change.

I'm all about Indiana in the 1st. I mean Holy ****, they scored 23 in the 1st HALF a couple games ago. Made me feel better about our Bulls performance. And did you see what happened last night? Benched the damn entire starting lineup to beat the ****ing Bucks. Telling you, Miami lays into their ass tomorrow, they're liable to explode.

Honest to God, can't recall the last time a contender self-destructed on such an epic scale. Maybe the Shaq/Kobe/Malone/Payton Lakers? They still got to the finals though.

Edited by G.A.C.O.L.B.
  • Like 1

He's a huge upgrade over Wittman, but I don't think he's the ultimate solution. 

I think he would get the most out of our talent. He somehow managed to develop young players and got them to play at a really high level in Denver. He would be good for this team.

Gortat really thought chasing Kemba on the perimeter was more important than staying with the dominant beast known as Al Jefferson? 

Wall went under the screen instead of fighting through. That's what we generally do for some reason. I think it's part of Randy's idiotic coaching scheme where our guards don't fight through screens to contest shooters. If Gortat didn't shade Walker, he has a wide open three or a clear lane. 

I'm 100% sure it's a coaching issue. Randy is a ****ing toolbag.

I don't know if Wall should go under or over that screen because Walker is a threat to drive.  And it wasn't a good pick by Jefferson, Wall got around it easily and was back in position on Walker almost immediately.  Gortat played it poorly, put himself into position where he had no chance to recover.  And there was no help at all.  

In that situation I think you need a helper playing on the nail--the spot in the middle of the FT line.  There were only 10 seconds to run the play.  If Gortat has help on Jefferson, then whoever was playing the left corner three can switch up to the wing to cover all of Kemba's outlets.  He'd have to make the very difficult skip pass to the left corner to find the only open option.  And at that point time is running out--it'd be a desperation pass, catch and shoot instead of an open lay up, EVEN THOUGH Gortat made a mistake in overplaying the pick and roll.