Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

his salary is too much. Shut up Nene, now is not the time for your whining!

Haha you tell him! I do agree with you but at the same time the enemy of my enemy is my friend. Anyone who publicly disagrees with Randall witless is a pal of mine!

Edited by sherrardsd

I just read that the Nets are not trying to pay the Bulls in the first round. They are resting six players tonight. I think we own the tiebreaker over them. So if they lose their next two and we win, we'll get the fifth seed.

Didn't happen.  They went with regular starters.

• Like 1

Best case scenario for us is for Chi to get the 3rd and for us to stay in the 6th

Nene also owes us money he missed about 30% of the season this year with a 13.5 mil salary. Yea Nene we need a check for about 4 mil for this year only. You can count on that. Mark that up as a obligation. Can't let you leave without giving us that check

Thinking about the bracketing makes my head hurt.

If we win, and Brooklyn loses, we get the five seed.

If Chicago wins and Toronto loses, they get the three seed.  If they win and Toronto wins, who gets what?  Tiebreak to the division winner?

If we lose and Charlotte wins, we get the seven seed.

For me, best scenario is finishing fifth and having Chicago finish third.

Raptors in the first round.  If we win, Indy in the second round unless Atlanta shocks the world (would it really be that shocking TBH?).

The only three teams that actually scare me in the East at this point are Toronto, Chicago, and Miami.  We're going to have to play one of them in the first round, which sucks.  But none of those teams are invulnerable.

It's going to hurt,and we'll take an immediate step back, but I think we need to let Ariza walk this summer.

He's been pretty much nothing but a positive this season.  Team first guy with good chemistry in the locker room.  Excellent Defender.  Deadeye from three.  Total synergy with our star player.  Stayed pretty healthy.  And still young enough to be productive throughout a four year contract.

That's why losing him would really suck.

But we've got Otto Porter and Porter needs to play a big role.  He cost too much and has too much upside not to play.

We put ourselves in this position, now we have to take some risks.  We either have to let Ariza walk or trade Webster IMO.  And the thing is, Webster has a full MLE deal with three years left and it won't be the easiest thing to trade for a sensible piece.  And Ariza will sign his deal expecting to start.

If we extend Ariza we'll be looking at luxury tax and a logjam at SF that is keeping our #3 overall pick on the bench.  Too many resources to be spending on 3 and D production at SF.

• Like 1

The wizards have to make a major move this offseason. They can't just sit on their hands and get worse. Losing Ariza and gaining Otto is a short term backwards move. Otto is not the defender or the shooter that Ariza is. Beal will improve but he's still young.

I think the goal has to be

- resign Gortat. If he walks this team takes a major step back.

- trade Nene and add a star or something close to it to the front court. Someone that can create his own shot. Monroe would be nice.

My number one priority is to make it possible for Durant to come home. If the Thunder win a ring in the next two years, I think he stays. If they don't though, I think we have a legitimate shot. (That's why ALL Wizards fans need to be rooting AGAINST OKC. Even if that painfully means rooting for LeBron in the Finals).

So with that being goal #1, then yes, we need to let Ariza walk. Otto's play the last couple of weeks has made that easier to do.

Also, while it doesn't seem to be the case to me AT ALL, talking to other NBA fans, what I'm hearing is that Ariza has shown up big in a contract year before. Then when he gets his new deal, he disappears/falls off.

So that + Durant + Ottoman Empire = good luck Trevor.

Edited by G.A.C.O.L.B.
  • Like 2

Washington Wizards (@WashWizards): #WizCeltics RT "@celtics: Rondo (sore L hamstring), Sullinger (sore L ankle), Bayless (sore R knee) and Humphries (sore R knee) all out.

This is where we need a Joe Gibbs speech about how good and dangerous an obviously bad team is to make certain the team doesn't come out expecting a victory to be easy.

My number one priority is to make it possible for Durant to come home. If the Thunder win a ring in the next two years, I think he stays. If they don't though, I think we have a legitimate shot. (That's why ALL Wizards fans need to be rooting AGAINST OKC. Even if that painfully means rooting for LeBron in the Finals).

So with that being goal #1, then yes, we need to let Ariza walk. Otto's play the last couple of weeks has made that easier to do.

Also, while it doesn't seem to be the case to me AT ALL, talking to other NBA fans, what I'm hearing is that Ariza has shown up big in a contract year before. Then when he gets his new deal, he disappears/falls off.

So that + Durant + Ottoman Empire = good luck Trevor.

Would the wizards be a better option? Wouldn't Wall, Beal, and Durant look an awful lot like Durant, Westbrook, and Harden? I think the wizards would need a respected name running the front office and a respected coach as well. No way he comes anywhere near DC if it looks like a poor mans OKC clone.

This is where we need a Joe Gibbs speech about how good and dangerous an obviously bad team is to make certain the team doesn't come out expecting a victory to be easy.

Would the wizards be a better option? Wouldn't Wall, Beal, and Durant look an awful lot like Durant, Westbrook, and Harden? I think the wizards would need a respected name running the front office and a respected coach as well. No way he comes anywhere near DC if it looks like a poor mans OKC clone.

Wall, beal and Durant would mesh together better than Westbrook, Harden, and Durant. 

Wall is more a pass first point guard who gets everyone involved, whereas Westbrook is more of a playmaker, and a score first PG.

Beal is a pure shooter and runs the court to get open to shoot, whereas Harden is more of a playmaker and needs the ball in his hands to operate (similar to westbrook).

The thunder's 3 were 3 playmakers who need the ball in their hands to dominate. With the wizards, you have a distributor, a shooter, and then durant whos the playmakers.

• Like 2