Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

This team looks like they already accomplished their goal. It was never about winning a series in the post season, it was just about getting their. Playoffs will be painful for us fans. For 4 to 5 games anyway.

Edited by Destino

Really going to regret not trading Ariza when his value was as high as it was. You can't tell me we wouldn't have still gotten the 7th/8th seed with Porter playing those minutes. The conference is terrible and we could have gotten a great package for Ariza. Oh well.

Late ****ing call.

Really going to regret not trading Ariza when his value was as high as it was. You can't tell me we wouldn't have still gotten the 7th/8th seed with Porter playing those minutes. The conference is terrible and we could have gotten a great package for Ariza. Oh well.

We should have traded Ariza to Sacramento for Patrick Patterson and another contract.  Would have kept Toronto from unloading Rudy Gay too.

Professor + Beal + Porter + Harrington + Nene = exciting line up.  They're smart.

Nene has made a WORLD of difference tonight.

Risky steal attempt by Miller for the foul out.  He needed to commit to taking the charge and not reach or reach and not take the charge.

Randy better bring Nene back into the game before the end.

Gortat has been awful defending the PnR lately.  They're getting easy **** at the rim.

Geez.  Gortat has been awful tonight.

Let's go Boston.

Yep, good win.  Orlando made us work hard for that one.  But I'm proud of the team tonight.  They couldn't hit anything and they played awful defense in the first half.  But they came out in the second half and put on one of their best defensive performances.  It was a joy to watch.

Agreed about Otto.  He did give us a boost.  He played his game.  Great defense.  Excellent rebounding and timely scoring.  For being so skinny, he plays really tough.  And that lineup with him, Nene, Beal, and Andre Miller is fun to watch man.  Just a tremendous amount of basketball IQ, unselfishness, and versatility.

That's what we've been looking for from Otto all season.  It's going to take a while to come together, but I think we've really got something good going with him and Beal.  Wall is not going to have to do this by himself.

Also, proud of the team for getting this win when their shots were just way the hell off.  2-19 from three, horrible.  But they played defense and they worked it inside over and over and got to the FT line.

-----------------

Unspoilered PSA:

If you guys are watching the Nats and DVRed this one, go ahead and watch this game.  Just do yourselves a favor and skip through the first quarter.

New York is beating Toronto.  They're going to get this win.

Detroit is beating Chicago in the third quarter.

Miami is beating Indy handily.

Atlanta is back and forth with Brooklyn.

Antetokounpo is just loaded with talent and potential.  Looks like the Bucks got a big steal with him.  I think he might be even more naturally talented than Paul George.

How many open threes can we possibly miss?

I like Porter's body language out on the court.  He looks confident and into the flow of the game.  He's the first to congratulate teammates and help them up.  Just looks fresh and energetic.

They said Milwaukee is resting their best players: Ilyasova, Brandon Knight, & Larry Sanders.

I don't think those are their best players.  Giannis and Henson are their two studs IMO.  They've got something with those two.

Add either Wiggins or Embiid to that group and they suddenly look loaded with potential.