Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Just seems like the West is gonna wreck whoever they get in the finals. Unless the upper tier of the East gets their **** together.

Yep.  The only teams in the East playing well right now are Charlotte and Chicago.  Chicago has actually looked dominant since the AS break.  They very well might be the best team in the East right now.

The three division winners in the West look wholly better than everyone in the East.  Indy is done IMO.  Miami is the only one with a chance to turn it around in the playoffs and go on a run.  But they're just playing bad basketball right now.

I think they'll eventually win the conference.  But it honestly wouldn't shock me if Chicago or Brooklyn knocks them out.

And right now, it looks like Durant and Griffin and CP3 are all hungry for their first ring.  And the Spurs are the Spurs, capable of beating anyone in any series.

Doing exactly what we should be doing to a bad Bucks team.

Just finished the game. My thoughts exactly.

And I also didn't like the lack of Porter. The other thing I didn't like was how late into the game Wall played. **** was basically decided by the start of the 4th. No reason for him to be out there picking up And 1's and going to the floor with a minute-30 left

Porter didn't play because Webster was pretty hot.  And Ariza played well too.

It's the microcosm of why Porter hasn't played this year.  Two good veterans in front of him at his position and a coach that's fighting for an extension.  It sounds pat.  But it really is as simple as that.

It's just a frustrating situation with Porter.  I hate that his minutes depend on Webster and/or Ariza sucking/getting injured.

We need to let Ariza walk this summer.

He did his part.  He's not essential.  He's looking for a good deal on a team where he can play the last meaningful years of his career as an important contributor.  He's got a #3 pick with more talent and higher upside than him sitting on the bench, waiting to take his job.  Let him sign somewhere else and let's use the money to find a decent back up big.  A real stretch four.

Only DC team that has met/exceeded expectations. 

Their expectations were low.  But the Wizards are like my baby.  I've watched them come up from the utter nadir.  Watched them grow into something fun.

This Wizards teams is my favorite DC team, hands down.  This despite football being my favorite sport.  I really really like the Nats and Ryan Zimmerman is one of my favorite pro athletes ever.  But the passion isn't the same.  I can't even get it up for the NHL, so the Caps don't move me at all.  I don't go to games and that's the only way I can get into hockey at all.

And truth be told, with the Redskins, it's to the point where I love them without even liking them.  Like that loveless relationship where you've been with the person so long it's a way of life you can't even see beyond but deep down you feel nothing for them but indifference and occasional passionless contempt and then a few fleeting moments of wistfulness and excitement triggered by acute nostalgia.  Doesn't help that I utterly despise the NFL and think it's a ****ing joke populated with morons, followed by moron fans.  I ****ing hate Mike Shanahan.  I don't truly believe in Bruce Allen.  I dislike Dan Snyder.  I get depressed when I try to converse with the fan base.  I lost what little faith in them I had when I see the things they say about RGIII.  And I know that it's the same in every fan base throughout the NFL.  The Redskins are a ****ing drag.

The Wizards are fun.  They can be frustrating as all hell.  The NBA is certainly different.  It's clownish and unprofessional sometimes.  But it's good.  It's the one league where a small group of people can come together and sustain something excellent.  Where they have a lot of control over their destiny.  But it also takes a long time to come together.  99% of the time there aren't quick turnarounds.  You have to build it.  And you have to get your ass whipped and wait your turn.  But the really good things always take time and effort.

I wouldn't mind it if the Wizards stay niche.  If/when the Wizards grow into a truly good team, I hope the ****ing ignorant ass bandwagoneer DC sports fans keep the **** away.  Keep ignoring them and keep ****ing about the Redskins.

• Like 1

Indy beat OKC today.  Getting it together for the postseason?

Regardless, they're in good position to get the 1 seed.  I don't want to play Chicago.  But I REALLY don't want to play Miami.  We have to win out to make sure we get the 6th seed.  Gonna have to beat Miami to avoid them.

Hats off to ATL: I am very surprised that they were able to stay ahead of NY and clinch the 8 seed, but they did. They are 6-4 in their last 10 games including their loss to us, so I think our win over them has gone up in value a bit.

Says more about Cleveland, Detroit, and New York than it does about Atlanta. The hawks death spiraled through February and March and those three teams just couldn't get their acts together long enough to catch them.

If we play Toronto in the first round, I think we have a really good chance at advancing to the second round. Id rather play Indiana than Miami but it looks like Indiana will finish the number one seed. But who knows what could happen. But I like our chances, and im excited to see how Wall and Beal handle the pressure of the playoffs.

They did and went to the next round and lost to ehh... I can't remember that much.

Had a solid team overall.

Let me look it up and I will put this "EDIT:" in here while I look at it, I want to say Juwan Howard and the guy from NYC was the PG, I just can't remember his name (had a few beers tonight).

EDIT: Apologies, They got swept by the Bulls in the first round. I was probably thinking a bit before Webber and Juwan. Rod Strickland was the PG I was thinking of though. They had a good team that year as far as talent.

1997-1998.

Edited by Kosher Ham