Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Ball Don't Lie.  The basketball gods will smite the Nets for tanking the last 4 or 5 games of the season for seeding purposes.

I've seen the Wizards beat the Bulls in the NBA playoffs.  Time to do it again.         

GAME 1: Sunday, April 20, 7 p.m., TNT.

GAME 2: Tuesday, April 22, 9:30 p.m., TNT

GAME 3: Friday, April 25, 8 p.m., ESPN

GAME 4: Sunday, April 27, 1 p.m., ABC

GAMES 5-7: TBD.

That 9:30 start is gonna KILL me mid-week....but I'll be watching. 

Man, I am so pumped about this.  It's been a long journey for many of us fans...but this is a true reward for sticking w/ this team when times were hard.  Gotta give props to all the regulars who make this thread what it is...and to the bandwagon fans...go kick rocks. 

Ball Don't Lie.  The basketball gods will smite the Nets for tanking the last 4 or 5 games of the season for seeding purposes.

I've seen the Wizards beat the Bulls in the NBA playoffs.  Time to do it again.         

This is bunk. If the Bulls had won last night, they would have been the 3 seed. So if the Nets tanked, it wasn't for seeding purposes. They had no way of knowing how the Bobcats-Bulls and Raptors-Knicks and Wizards-Celtics games were going to shake out.

GAME 1: Sunday, April 20, 7 p.m., TNT.

GAME 2: Tuesday, April 22, 9:30 p.m., TNT

GAME 3: Friday, April 25, 8 p.m., ESPN

GAME 4: Sunday, April 27, 1 p.m., ABC

GAMES 5-7: TBD.

Class on Monday, class on Wednesday. Early games shaking out PERFECTLY.

I remember the last time we won a playoff game. It was vs CLE and Butler hit a game winning layup at Cleveland. I was at Ohio U at the time so with a white t shirt, I made a quick BUTLER - 3 Jersey and wore it around campus all day. Most students didn't like that...or when I told them that Lebron was gonna leave for sure.

RA15, to the bandwagon fans I say welcome aboard.  We need all the fan interest we can get.  A lot of people jumped on board for the Nats after they went .500 for the first time.  Makes the atmosphere better.  The Nats feel like a big deal now.  It'd be awesome if that happens for the Wizards.  This team deserves to be followed.

• Like 1

Did they benefit?  I'm not sure the Bulls are better than the Raptors.  The wizards struggled big time to beat the raptors, and when they did it was a near thing.  We had much more success against the Bulls.  

I don't know about that, I like the fact that they have conferences.  

Nah, you can't have sub-500 teams in the dance and good teams out.  Just like 45 win teams shouldn't host 55 win teams because of divisional differences.

RA15, to the bandwagon fans I say welcome aboard.  We need all the fan interest we can get.  A lot of people jumped on board for the Nats after they went .500 for the first time.  Makes the atmosphere better.  The Nats feel like a big deal now.  It'd be awesome if that happens for the Wizards.  This team deserves to be followed.

G.A.C.O.L.B. doesn't appreciate bandwagon fans. 

First year living in Chicago. Should I grab tickets for game 1/2 Or should I be patient and wait for us to win a game and go to a more decisive game 5+?

Decisions.

Both. Wear a team colored wizard costume and scream "you shall not pass" every time Ariza jumps into a passing lane.

• Like 2

Michael Wilbon.......

http://espn.go.com/chicago/nba/story/_/id/10795867/2014-nba-playoffs-washington-wizards-ideal-matchup-chicago-bulls

Wizards the ideal matchup for Bulls

The Bulls couldn't have gotten a better draw, even to the point of getting a Washington Wizards team that won the regular-season series 2-1. The Wizards want the Bulls in the playoffs, set their sights on them the last few weeks of the season as they moved from seventh to fifth. The Wizards aren't shy about their feelings toward the Bulls, that they can't score enough to get in a high-octane battle, that they can't stay in front of Wall and Beal, that the Bulls physically just aren't as good as the Wizards.

And that's just the kind of team the Bulls should eat for lunch in a seven-game playoff series, a team whose best two players haven't navigated the intensity of the playoffs, a team that thinks offense is somehow going to rule the day in the postseason. Yeah, the Wizards won two January games against the Bulls when they were still pulling themselves together following the trade of Luol Deng, figuring out how to incorporate D.J. Augustin, and reworking the offense around the passing talents of Joakim Noah.

When the teams met April 5, the Bulls led by 26 points and won by 18. They went to Washington annoyed they'd already lost twice to the Wizards, who for the third meeting had Chicago's undivided attention. Chances are, Coach Thibs isn't going to have to dig all that deep to strike that same nerve in his players to get them ready for Games 1 and 2 in Chicago.

Edited by BRAVEONAWARPATH

Someone needs to let that clown wilbon know that one of those games was a blow out...the other we beat them w/ nene going 3-15, and the loss was when Nene was hurt.

This is about as even of a matchup as you can get in the East.  Too close to call.  Me being the homer, I'm going w/ the Wizards in 6. 

• Like 2

I'm done with Wilbon from now on.  Talking like we're a rookie finesse team when we're a top 10 defense with 5 players over 30.  That's not counting Ariza who's 28 with a ring.

Hater.

I look at this the same way last time we saw Chicago in the playoffs: we can lose if they force us to play their game, but they can't play ours.  Wizards are better team, but need to prove it.

Edited by Renegade7
  • Like 3

I've been done with Wilbon for a while now. He made his name at the WashPo and starting about 5 years ago never missed a chance to distance himself from DC and slam the fans here. **** him. I hope the wizards beat his bulls badly and then go on Pardon the Interruption just to celebrate Bill Simmons decision to get his creepy ass off of NBA countdown.

• Like 4