Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Love how Wilbon had reasons/excuses for the Bulls dropping the first two meetings of the year, but totally omitted the Wizards being decimated with injuries on that third game. Nene was out of course, Martell had the back of Larry Bird, and all of our other shooters were struggling at the time.

We're right now, as well are the Bulls. Should be a good series. Don't see them being able to keep up if we can get out and run, much like the first two games of the regular season series.

Blcv9uZCYAAN3ME.png

We have a lot of people to prove wrong.

Edited by STBonecrusher21
  • Like 1

Wilbon is an insufferable ass bag whose meaningful commentary on sport ended years ago.

He angered the Washngton sports gods once by talking **** about a DC sports hero (Sean Taylor may he RIP) and was clutching at his chest almost two months to the day that he made those insensitive, inaccurate comments.

Watch what you say Wilbon. Be careful you don't bring the Big E Bullets ju ju down on yourself.

Chicago's coaching advantage is immense. That's going to be an issue. Basically our guys are going to have to keep up this offensive rhythm they found. Nene, Booker/Gooden and Gortat are going to have to out wrestle Boozer, Noah, and Gibson. Ariza and Webster are going to have to make shots. Beal is going to have to create offense and play smart defense. And Wall is going to have to soundly win his matchup with Hinrich every single night.

I think both us and the Bulls are better than Indy and Atlanta right now, and the winner of the series is playing Miami in the conference finals.

And I think both teams are capable of giving Miami a good series.

The Bulls aren't going to beat themselves and we might beat ourselves. They're going to make it hard as hell to score. They're going to take away the things we like to do most and Wall is not going to be able to carry us by himself. Nene is going to have to come up big for us. Gortat is going to have to hold his own against Nene. And biggest thing is the wings are going to have to make shots because we're going to be forced into a lot of jumpers. That's why it's so important we maintain this confidence and this ball movement we've seen recently.

Defensively, Chicago is going to make it easy on us. They really don't have reliable scoring, they're going to run every possession down to the final seconds on the shot clock and they're going to hoist some funky stuff.

We're probably going to lose the close games in the final moments. We need fourth quarter leads to win this series.

But if our bigs duel theirs to a draw--which they are capable of doing--we can win it. Our guards and wings are decisively better than theirs.

My questions for the Wizards.

- Will Beal show up? Second year players aren't known for coming up big in the postseason.

- Will Wall be effective against a defense that is entirely designed around stopping everything he wants to do in his first playoff series?

- Will Wittman stop running that damn Beal to Gortat to Beal to Gortat to Beal play that makes me want to choke a B?

- Will Nene complain about his minutes being too high?

Edited by Destino
  • Like 2

Hey guys, checking in from Everest right now. Just wanted to give a hell yea to you all for hanging in there for the past 6 years or so on this board. Unfortunately I won't be around to watch the first few games, as there will be no wifi anywhere near me, but I got my '78 bullets championship shirt on, and you better believe I will rep chocolate city up in this joint.

Skin'emAlive...I hope you're nowhere near this:

"KATMANDU, Nepal –  An avalanche swept Mount Everest's slopes on Friday along a route used to climb the world's highest peak, killing at least 12 Nepalese guides and leaving three missing in the worst disaster to hit climbers on the mountain, officials said."

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2014/04/18/avalanche-sweeps-everest-6-killed-missing/

Hey guys, checking in from Everest right now. Just wanted to give a hell yea to you all for hanging in there for the past 6 years or so on this board. Unfortunately I won't be around to watch the first few games, as there will be no wifi anywhere near me, but I got my '78 bullets championship shirt on, and you better believe I will rep chocolate city up in this joint.

Hopefully you're okay. Take care and stay safe.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/04/18/world/asia/nepal-everest-avalanche/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

Is it just me or did the team seem really focused in those last few games? Al Harrington gave a post game interview and just came off as a really confident and dialed in. Like the whole locker room had this good, focused energy. I think they're ready. I don't think stage fright is going to be an issue. A lot of teams backed into the playoffs. We got on a really good roll right there at the end.

http://www.bulletsforever.com/2014/4/18/5629548/bill-simmons-predicts-washington-

Simmons: "John Wall is the guy I'm thinking for the leap, and you and I are not crazy about this Washington team, but on the other hand you do have Nene back and I just like this match up for them. I wasn't expecting them to play Chicago in round one and I just think Chicago has a lot of trouble scoring points. I was watching them in that Charlotte game on the last night of the season and when the game slows down like that, they're running plays for Jimmy Butler and Mike Dunleavy Jr. That's not gonna work in the playoffs, I think Washington can beat that team."

Simmons: "Yeah I'm going with the ridiculous final four of Miami and Washington then Oklahoma City and San Antonio."

"Yeah I'm going with the ridiculous final four of Miami and Washington then Oklahoma City and San Antonio."

Me too Bill.

Stevemcqueen: "We got on a really good roll right there at the end."

I think getting Nene back gave us a shot in the arm. Even the game before the 4-game win streak (close loss to Charlotte), the execution and intensity were there: our shot just wasn't falling, and that was Nene's first game back.

Agreed. Nene changes the team's identity almost as much as Wall does. Everyone kind of clicked into place when he got back.

One of the grantland writers called him the Brazilian Confucius and spiritual center of the team. He's right. He just steadies us and makes us tough.