Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

• 3 weeks later...

In 24 hours we'll know how the tanking works out.  Am I wrong in just hoping to stay in the Top 3?  Conspiracy me says San Antonio miraculously wins the #1 pick. 

I just did Tankathon a bunch and it went 6-6-5-6-4-5-4.... flattening the curve is not good for thr worst teams like us.   A coinflip odds for the Top 4 pick is not great.  I actually think the randomness is good as a near playoff team could win it, shockingly.   We probably will not be happy.

16 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Isn’t it supposed to be a weak draft?

Yes.  Not being #1 is actually not that bad.  This is shaping up to be one of the worst drafts in recent memory talent wise, so being pick 2 isn’t terrible.  Next years draft is much more enticing from a talent and potential star standpoint.  The Wizards need to have this same season (or worse record wise) to have a chance at #1 in a much better 2025 draft.

lebron is actually the last thing we need

sadly this team will not contend anytime soon so I am slowly accepting we have to go young and develop players

like, we aren't even going to try to win games for like 4 more years lol

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, ixcuincle said:

lebron is actually the last thing we need

sadly this team will not contend anytime soon so I am slowly accepting we have to go young and develop players

like, we aren't even going to try to win games for like 4 more years lol

The only way this team will ever get good is to draft a generational superstar and make some smart trades and maybe a signing to get talent in around that player.  

If Milwaukee and Minnesota can, we can too. But they drafted Giannis and Ant.  

42 minutes ago, samy316 said:

Yes.  Not being #1 is actually not that bad.  This is shaping up to be one of the worst drafts in recent memory talent wise, so being pick 2 isn’t terrible.  Next years draft is much more enticing from a talent and potential star standpoint.  The Wizards need to have this same season (or worse record wise) to have a chance at #1 in a much better 2025 draft.

Yes next season the wizards must be awful next season. And hopefully not have detroits luck

With college hoops being full of 1 and dones and the portal, then the G-League and all these International prospects. I don't know how people scouting the draft can accurately say what kind of class it is anymore. The amount of work looking at these different sources of players and understanding the production vs. Competition. Do not envy the actual team scouts and GMs. The TV people can afford to be way off. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Fergasun said:

Would you take the Spurs #4 and #8 for the #2 pick?  

As a stand alone move... no

We have 2 1s and a 2nd.

After that trade we would be bringing in 4 rooks in one year and that feels like a lot. I'd think you'd have to do some maneuvering after the fact, like fire selling that 2nd rounder.

I don't want to Flood the back the bench and there are only so many minutes to go around.

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, Fergasun said:

LOL @ Detroit..

Would you take the Spurs #4 and #8 for the #2 pick?  

To package for someone to build around?

Maybe.  Ja? Spida?  If we traded for Ja and convinced Mitchell to come here after player option, that at least be a nasty ass backcourt to build around.

I cannot process using this pick on a player we already know won't be a difference maker.

Makes me want to trade out of this draft and see what we can come up with next year.  The current OKC approach I see us trying is only working because they at least nailed the SGA pick to build around.

Edited by Renegade7

1 hour ago, Renegade7 said:

To package for someone to build around?

Maybe.  Ja? Spida?  If we traded for Ja and convinced Mitchell to come here after player option, that at least be a nasty ass backcourt to build around.

I cannot process using this pick on a player we already know won't be a difference maker.

Makes me want to trade out of this draft and see what we can come up with next year.  The current OKC approach I see us trying is only working because they at least nailed the SGA pick to build around.

Pretty sure OKC traded for SGA.  But they traded a lot of picks for him so you could say that he was their pick.