Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Ted read the ****ing room. This is amazing. Looking outside the organization, we’ve heard before, is crucial. 

Just now, CRobi21 said:

I mean I'm glad Tommy's he's gone, but it is up to Ted to pick a replacement...

I'll get more excited if he can actually hire a quality GM.

it can’t be worse than Tommy. It could be equally bad but I’m optimistic today 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, CRobi21 said:

I mean I'm glad Tommy's he's gone, but it is up to Ted to pick a replacement...

I'll get more excited if he can actually hire a quality GM.

And like the last time around. Other GMs passed on it. Because Ted wouldn't blow it up and start fresh? Maybe. But hopefully every candidate says that needs to happen if he already hasn't finally accepted. 

Unless the new gm actually wants to spend money to buy free agents on this team don't hold your breath for any imorovement. And since the players only want to play for winners you can forget about drawing most superstars. 

Meaning another 10th place finish. This market sucks. 

18 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

Ideas for his replacement?

Also, I saw a trade hypothetical that would move Beal to Orlando for Fultz, Isaac (I believe both have one year left) a 23 first rounder (which is number 12 going into the lottery) and another first rounder down the road.

Why would Johnny No-Trade Clause waive it to go to Orando?

• Sad 1

11 minutes ago, justice98 said:

Why would Johnny No-Trade Clause waive it to go to Orando?

Yeah, that’s the big obstacle. I doubt he would. But if I was him, I’d rather play with Banchero and no state income tax than what has around here.

Edited by Ball Security
  • Like 1

No GM could win with Leonsis as owner.  Sheppard (whom I'm not a fan of) came into an impossible;e situation.  Leonsis only wants to make the play-in.  I hated the Johnny Davis pick, but it is way easier if Sheppard was allowed to rebuild.  His highest pick was 9th.  Until Leonsis allows a proper rebuild, this team will continue on the path to mediocrity as the worst positioned team in the NBA.  

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, mhd24 said:

No GM could win with Leonsis as owner.  Sheppard (whom I'm not a fan of) came into an impossible;e situation.  Leonsis only wants to make the play-in.  I hated the Johnny Davis pick, but it is way easier if Sheppard was allowed to rebuild.  His highest pick was 9th.  Until Leonsis allows a proper rebuild, this team will continue on the path to mediocrity as the worst positioned team in the NBA.  

Unless Ted proves otherwise, this worries me. 

48 minutes ago, mhd24 said:

Tommy had plenty of opportunities where the Wiz drafted to land really talented players. He missed on a lot and wasted the 22nd pick on nothing. Tommy had enough control to improve this team and failed. 

1 minute ago, BRAVEONAWARPATH said:

Just say no to Tim Connelly. 

• Like 1