Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

1 hour ago, BRAVEONAWARPATH said:

Corey is showing a dimension to his game I didn't think he was capable of.

Looks like he might be more than a "catch and shoot" guy.

In a well-run organization. The team would see this with Beal and Kuz out. Move on from Tommy. Maybe also WUJ, Def move Beal even for almost nothing in return, just getting the cap space. Let Kuz walk or sign/trade even for min return. Maybe keep Zing, maybe not.

****, I'd hire Becky Hammon at HC if Ted finally hires a GM that will start over and the group together acknowledges this is a multi-year blowup and build. So, the new GM, Hammon know they can start and play Kispertm Avdija, Maybe Davis if the coach wants to. Cooks? Gafford. Just go young as hell and play them a ton of minutes while your tearing down and rebuilding.  

• Like 1

On 3/31/2023 at 6:04 PM, ixcuincle said:

PXL_20230331_220308512_MP.thumb.jpg.f49c23778270aac125b2a138ff53163c.jpg

I remember in college the arenas years were some of the best this team had. He put up points like mad. 

What suite are you in?  That is either right by the one my company has or on the exact opposite side.

EDIT:  

Looks like the opposite based on the banners.

25WHndx.jpg

Edited by purbeast
  • Like 1

The only thing people should take from these final games is that Isiah Todd is so bad, he doesn't even play in games they are tanking. Teams aren't taking the Wiz seriously since they know the tank is on. 

Reported that WUJ will be back, which means Tommy is ****ing back. Better brace for the worst case scenarios this off-season of locking in the same team to run it back and another lottery pick in 2024. 

53 minutes ago, abdcskins said:

Holy crap Isiah Todd I totally forgot about him.

I remember how happy everyone was when Brooks and Grunfeld were let go. Now it is back to the same **** - for good reason. It is the cycle of suckitude.

They were never the problem 

The curse of les boulex has been going on since 1979

I can understand keeping WUJ after 2 years into a 4 year deal. I can't understand keeping Sheppard under any circumstance now. You have super teams and winning teams that are always making noise in the playoffs. You have young and rebuilding teams with a plan of drafting high, extending really young guys, and letting them play for a while in hopes "the plan" comes together.

Then you have teams like Washington who are neither. Fans wanting to feel like there is a plan would rather have a starting lineup of:

• Goodwin
  • Davis
  • Avdija
  • Kispert
  • Gafford

in 2023, maybe a rookie in there, if it meant they were able to move Beal. Maybe sign and trade both Kuz and Porzingis for anything. Clear the books, and truly start a rebuild. 

Even if Beal, Porzingis, and Kuzma were high-profile ballers and played at a high level, the bench players are complete ass.  I think Gafford and Kispert are the only two players that are remotely good, maybe Avdija on his best day.  The rest can kick rocks.  This team needs a PG, I don't think Morris is it.

17 hours ago, @DCGoldPants said:

I can understand keeping WUJ after 2 years into a 4 year deal. I can't understand keeping Sheppard under any circumstance now. 

Agree.  Sheppard shoulda been gone as soon as he picked Johnny Davis.  Sweet Lord that guy is a complete waste of a pick.  

1 hour ago, Rocky21 said:

Agree.  Sheppard shoulda been gone as soon as he picked Johnny Davis.  Sweet Lord that guy is a complete waste of a pick.  

Have you seen him play lately?

He started off terribly but after some seasoning in the G League he has played better. Heck he is averaging double digits now.

I will admit it is rather unconventional for a prospect drafted so high to spend so much time in the G league, especially one of Davis' caliber, but he's looked much better since. It's far too early to call Davis a bust.

Heck Sheppard deserves an award alone for getting rid of that Wall contract and by proxy the Westbrook contract.

Edited by ixcuincle
  • Thumb down 1

22 hours ago, ixcuincle said:

Have you seen him play lately?

He started off terribly but after some seasoning in the G League he has played better. Heck he is averaging double digits now.

I will admit it is rather unconventional for a prospect drafted so high to spend so much time in the G league, especially one of Davis' caliber, but he's looked much better since. It's far too early to call Davis a bust.

Heck Sheppard deserves an award alone for getting rid of that Wall contract and by proxy the Westbrook contract.

Wish I had your optimism bro.  I see an underachieving roster that was poorly conceived and doesn’t play well together.  

Sheppard only looks good when he’s standing beside EG IMHO.

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Rocky21 said:

Wish I had your optimism bro.  I see an underachieving roster that was poorly conceived and doesn’t play well together.  

Sheppard only looks good when he’s standing beside EG IMHO.

I'm just saying that Davis has played much better lately. He's actually averaging double digits in points now since being called up 

Hoping he improves next season but yeah he had a very rough start. Not many drafted players in the top 10 go to the g league. This guy was legitimately being call a bust in summer league lol 

Edited by ixcuincle
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, ixcuincle said:

I'm just saying that Davis has played much better lately. He's actually averaging double digits in points now since being called up 

Hoping he improves next season but yeah he had a very rough start. Not many drafted players in the top 10 go to the g league. This guy was legitimately being call a bust in summer league lol 

Bottom line is that they look to be going backward and Davis while improved, probably wasn't the right pick.