Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Beal making $50 million+ a year is a joke. Who comes up with these absurd contracts? I realize that is the supermax whatever, but I still think it is dumb. I knew five years ago he wasn't worth it. Wizards front office is trash.

And yeah we have already lose the Rui trade. A clearly talented player who wasn't used or developed properly by an incompetent coaching staff.

Don't know how time consuming being a basketball executive is but I'd feel better if he'd just handle the Wiz, and let the Mystics and GoGo people run their teams themselves.

Also, nuke this thing and rebuild!

Edited by CRobi21
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, CRobi21 said:

Read that Winger is in more of an "overseer" role. And will be tasked in finding an actual GM.

The further away Ted is the better.

Exactly, the lady GMing the Go-Go is killin it and Mystics have been better then Wizards, no contest. 

They don't need GM changes, your last sentence is more what this sounds like.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Fergasun said:

He worked with a certain coach of the Clippers... who may be looking for work.

He came in when they removed Doc from picking players. Not currently worried about that. 

18 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Exactly, the lady GMing the Go-Go is killin it and Mystics have been better then Wizards, no contest. 

They don't need GM changes, your last sentence is more what this sounds like.

Be interesting to see if the move her to the Wiz side in an assistant GM role. She has done a good job. 

• Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

There is no reason not to be optimistic based on the reporting. I understand being cautious, but this is the type of hire that fans have wanted and the reporting is he has the authority to make any changes he wants. 

1 hour ago, “Misdirection” said:

Winger seems more like a Ted replacement than a Tommy replacement.

I like it

That's an interesting way of framing it. I think all the negative press and social media talk question whether Ted actually cared about winning finally got to him. 

• Like 1

Winger has one arm tied behind his back if he has to agree to keeping Unseld Jr on as head coach. You're still not doing it right if he doesn't have authority to make a change if he wants.  Now, he may think Unseld Jr is the right man for the job, which would make me question him right off the bat.

Edited by justice98

Hoffman had a solid 90min on this today. David Aldridge and Ava Wallace as guests. Both say they hear this means Winger has control to make the biggest of changes if he deems necessary. Also that it doesn't mean he does that immediately. 

Get him here. Working with these current group on the draft. Maybe he makes the final decision draft night. But it'll be a summer and maybe season of evaluations.