Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Vintage Otto Porter game.  15 points on 9 shots, 5 boards, 3 blocks, 3 steals, 0 turnovers.

Oubre with the nice game too.  21 points on 11 shots, 5 boards, 1 assist, 3 steals, 1 block, and just one turnover.

Their extreme efficiency offset the poor shooting nights that John and Brad had.  But to their credit, John and Brad were dealing.  Their passing was on point and they had the drive and kick game working like old times.  And they locked in on defense in the third quarter.  That effort is what won us that game.

8 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

That whole franchise is one of the few the makes less sense then ours does.

Disagree

They are in full on tank mode and praying to their deity of choice that Kristaps comes back healthy. Pair Zion or one of the other top players with a healthy Unicorn, and you have a team will be fun to watch and a fringe playoff team in a weak east

The Knicks are lousy now, but they have a future.  That kid Robinson is the real deal.  He'll be one of the best defensive players in the NBA in like two years.  They need to let Kanter bounce once Robinson is developed enough to start to clear the way for him.  Nice little stable of wings they've got in Trier, Dotson, and Hardaway.  Classic three and D players who can play up tempo.

Knox could be something.  I thought he was a softy coming out of Kentucky, but he played well in Summer League and he could turn out alright.

If Porzingis can beat the injury bug, he'll be a top five player by the time he's 27.  He's the only shot blocking, hard finishing 7 footer in the NBA with a mid range game and reliable three point range.  The only guy who can literally do everything.

And they have a whole bunch of cap space this summer.  That is a team begging for a PG like Wall to elevate them.  Somebody needs to **** them up this summer by offering Porzingis a four year max full of poison pills like Brooklyn did with us.

5 minutes ago, StillUnknown said:

Disagree

They are in full on tank mode and praying to their deity of choice that Kristaps comes back healthy. Pair Zion or one of the other top players with a healthy Unicorn, and you have a team will be fun to watch and a fringe playoff team in a weak east

Pfft...  that's the plan to make up for them  being barely relevant in my lifetime?

Edited by Renegade7

55 minutes ago, Llevron said:

That's crazy. Dude didnt even ATTEMPT to try 

Try what? 

Are we sure they are even being told what to do on defense anymore, and I mean specificly versus jus try harder?  I've lost the number of times it looked like players didnt know what to do so seeming like they didnt want to do anything.

Wall is not innocent, jus can't get over how poorly coached this team looks most lights and how it makes us look worse then we really are.

48 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Try what? 

Are we sure they are even being told what to do on defense anymore, and I mean specificly versus jus try harder?  I've lost the number of times it looked like players didnt know what to do so seeming like they didnt want to do anything.

Wall is not innocent, jus can't get over how poorly coached this team looks most lights and how it makes us look worse then we really are.

Valid response and I can't say what the issue was there. Maybe John just knew he wasn't going to get there in time and chose to relocate to a possible rebound spot... but I would think an experienced NBA veteran knows to play defense whether he is told to contest a shot or not. A lot of things we blame on Brooks can be chalked up to effort on the court. (?)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Llevron said:

That's crazy. Dude didnt even ATTEMPT to try  

First half was a little rough, but honestly that was one of the better defensive games from everyone last night, Wall included.  That's why the won.  The final 2:30 was the only point where the D totally collapsed.  They thought they had the game won and the Knicks made a bunch of nonsense garbage time buckets to make it interesting.  If they had kept playing that would have been a blow out and the Knicks would have probably been held to 100 or less.

What I'm reading is that the Knicks will offer Dotson, Lee, Ntilikina, and their 2020 first and second round picks.

And what I'm guessing is that will get them laughed at.

A bag full of **** and a **** draft pick is not getting John Wall.

You've got to think John's trade kicker will keep him safe from nonsense like that.  But I have zero trust in Ernie Grunfeld and would not put any stupid ass trade beyond him.

14 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

But I have zero trust in Ernie Grunfeld and would not put any stupid ass trade beyond him.

Someone will kill him like Robert Deniro in The Fan if that trade goes down, in Chinatown walking to some sex shop for whatever it is he's keeping Ted late at the office for.

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

What I'm reading is that the Knicks will offer Dotson, Lee, Ntilikina, and their 2020 first and second round picks.

And what I'm guessing is that will get them laughed at.

A bag full of **** and a **** draft pick is not getting John Wall.

You've got to think John's trade kicker will keep him safe from nonsense like that.  But I have zero trust in Ernie Grunfeld and would not put any stupid ass trade beyond him.

The offers arent gonna be good.  The interest probably isnt even that high with that contract, so they have to decide how bad they want to start over and start fresh.  

• Like 1