Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

1 hour ago, justice98 said:

The offers arent gonna be good.  The interest probably isnt even that high with that contract, so they have to decide how bad they want to start over and start fresh.  

100% agree. Wall won’t net the biggest haul if the Wiz blow things up cause his contract is ridiculous. With Wall it would primarily be getting rid of the contract.

2 hours ago, justice98 said:

The offers arent gonna be good.  The interest probably isnt even that high with that contract, so they have to decide how bad they want to start over and start fresh.   

That offer is a joke.  Moving John for a bunch of useless crap just to be rid of him is insane.

• Like 1

It wont replace Wall or what he brings to the team and franchise.  We are essentially open to blowing up this mess and letting the guy who made it make a new one, I disagree with this approach.  I will never support trading Wall as long as Ernie is in charge of the rebuild.  A new GM has to make that call based on their vision for the franchise, not covering their mistakes again.

If the goal is blowing it up, that’s a good deal.  If the goal is getting better, that’s a bad deal.  It won’t make the wizards better but there’s no reset button that doesn’t include trading the team’s biggest contract and best player.  

My concern is the team might still be good enough to make the playoffs, which runs counter to a rebuild.  Draft picks are needed more than current talent.  Then again... none of those guys can run Brooks’ no offense, offense.  Brooks can’t coach guys that can’t dominate the ball and create.  He hates off ball screens and movement.  

All that said, I dont believe this rumor.  Ernie doesn’t trade old for young and it doesn’t say the wizards are trading their pick.  Doesn’t sound like an Ernie trade at all.  

Man, that's a FANTASTIC deal from the Lakers.  Wizards would be idiots to not make that move.  Rid yourselves of Wall's contract, and you get some young/talented controllable pieces back.  Now, if the trigger is pulled, I hold off on a Beal trade (unless there's an absolute ridiculous offer on the table) until next season.  See how he does by himself as the TRUE lead dog on the team.  That may change his perspective on his future here in DC...

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, RonArtest15 said:

I think Troy Brown is a PG.  I wish Brooks would let him have the ball in his hands more often.

Not fast enough to run point IMO.  I think he's an Andre Iguodala type ball handling wing.  He should be your secondary ball handler rather than your primary one.

To me Sato is the natural PG when John is off the court.  He can't defend the position as well as others, but I think he's the second best ball handler on the team.

Mahinmi has fallen behind Jason Smith in the rotation.

4 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Not fast enough to run point IMO.  I think he's an Andre Iguodala type ball handling wing.  He should be your secondary ball handler rather than your primary one.

To me Sato is the natural PG when John is off the court.  He can't defend the position as well as others, but I think he's the second best ball handler on the team.

Yea...probably more of a point-forward.  Someone, in a half-court set, that I'd want to have the ball in their hands.  He's a fantastic prospect. 

I'd say it's more like playing a lousy, overmatched team.

If we could just play Atlanta, New York, Brooklyn, and Cleveland over and over again we'd be set.

Kara is getting hyped about how we've played the last several games.  She's not accounting for the fact that we've been beating up on crap teams.  That's the trap.

Huerter is battling Oubre.  Oddly fun match up.  Huerter's lateral quickness is better than expected.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

I'd say it's more like playing a lousy, overmatched team.

If we could just play Atlanta, New York, Brooklyn, and Cleveland over and over again we'd be set.

Kara is getting hyped about how we've played the last several games.  She's not accounting for the fact that we've been beating up on crap teams.  That's the trap.

Exactly.  Not only that, I can see it the troll posts a mile away about how we have 70 in the first half without Wall,

Image result for nope gif

Am I the only person that doesn't want to see another graphic about how good Morris stats are in regards to bench players?  He's a starter who got benched, of course his stats are going to look decent, but he's supposed to be starting and doesn't because he checks out too much.  I wouldn't give him something like 6th man of the year award, kiss my ass on that one.

• Haha 1