Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Just now, stevemcqueen1 said:

Wall is not competing tonight.  Not even moving his feet at all on defense.  This is going to be a blowout.

Yeah he’s disinterested.  0-4 zero points and doesn’t look like he gives a damn on either end.  Strange half for him.  I wonder if he’s injured again. 

6 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Wall is not competing tonight.  Not even moving his feet at all on defense.  This is going to be a blowout.

This is why you should be fully on board the Wiz dumping Wall for salary cap relief and a young player or two from the Lakers or from any team. 

3 minutes ago, Hersh said:

This is why you should be fully on board the Wiz dumping Wall for salary cap relief and a young player or two from the Lakers or from any team. 

Lol.  One bad game is not going to get me to think we should dump Wall for a bunch of draft busts.

9 minutes ago, Destino said:

Yeah he’s disinterested.  0-4 zero points and doesn’t look like he gives a damn on either end.  Strange half for him.  I wonder if he’s injured again. 

Could be he hasn't slept in several days.  I think his son was born like three days ago.

2 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Lol.  One bad game is not going to get me to think we should dump Wall for a bunch of draft busts.

This is not his first bad game and it's not having a bad game, it's how lazy he is on defense. 

Fred Katz made a really good point on his post game podcast about the 2nd rounders we're passing out like candy

the 2022 class could potentially be the next class that features high school players, meaning it will be deeper than most and we will not be in position to take advantage. Because who needs a cheap valuable asset when you're paying your PG almost 47mil

Yeah its a no brainer Trade Wall.

First he is inefficient, 2nd his contract is outrageous. 3rd there been way too much smoke about his attitude problems that something real is probably there.

Beal is Absolutely for valuable and better than Wall, and younger. I would have no problem building around him.

If Grunfield can throw himself in there as part of a package with wall we have some hope

30 minutes ago, Kosher Ham said:

Serious question. Do any of you guys think that this current team has a nationally recognized star? 

Good players, I don't see stars or greatness. Three bad contracts from where I stand. 

Wall might be a nationally recognized star, though it’s certainly debatable if he’s a star. He has a terrible contract starting next season and I assume you also mean Porter and Mahinmi.

It remains astonishing that Grunfeld has kept his job all this time. 

• Like 1

Beal's contract is reasonable in that you might be able to trade him and get something actually valuable back, but he's actually not good enough to build around.  If Beal is even clearly your 2nd best player, you aren't going to be good enough to win a championship.  Beal's at best good enough to be the 3rd of a big 3.

Wall's contract might be the worse contract in the NBA in the next year or 2.  At this time, the best you can hope for is to not have to take back a bad contract for him.  Trading him for an expiring would have to be considered a win.

Porter is eh.  He's worth a couple of 2nd rounders at best or a guy that's got a similar contract that's in a bad situation.  

Edited by PeterMP
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Kosher Ham said:

Serious question. Do any of you guys think that this current team has a nationally recognized star? 

Good players, I don't see stars or greatness. Three bad contracts from where I stand. 

Depends on your definition of star. Wall has name recognition among the casual fans being a former #1 overall pick and star of a big college program who's been hyped since HS. And he's had big playoff games. But he's not in that elite level, although to be fair there are maybe 5 or 6 truly elite players in the league to begin with.