Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Blake Griffin was also dealt on a super max AND he was coming off some major off the court issues...Wall's contract will have no bearing on him being moved. 

I think the team moves Wall and let's Beal become the lead dog.  He's under contract for the next 3 seasons, so there's really no rush with him.  I think the front office believes moving Wall and letting Beal FINALLY become the man, might actually sway him to change his feeling about the organization. 

My gut feeling is that Wall/Otto are traded. 

Edited by RonArtest15
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, RonArtest15 said:

Blake Griffin was also dealt on a super max AND he was coming off some major off the court issues...Wall's contract will have no bearing on him being moved. 

I think the team moves Wall and let's Beal become the lead dog.  He's under contract for the next 3 seasons, so there's really no rush with him.  I think the front office believes moving Wall and letting Beal FINALLY become the man, might actually sway him to change his feeling about the organization. 

My gut feeling is that Wall/Otto are traded. 

If wall is traded, i'm kinda hoping its to the lakers. They could probably give us the best haul, and i want Wall to land in a good spot. His game doesnt mesh with LeBron, but Wall has shown himself to be a pretty good performer in the playoffs. I would unashamedly root for him to win a title in that situation. 

3 hours ago, StillUnknown said:

If wall is traded, i'm kinda hoping its to the lakers. They could probably give us the best haul, and i want Wall to land in a good spot. His game doesnt mesh with LeBron, but Wall has shown himself to be a pretty good performer in the playoffs. I would unashamedly root for him to win a title in that situation. 

I will never root for the Lakers.  If it has to happen, I would prefer him to be dealt to just about any other team.  I'm already half a Spurs fan, if it were them I would migrate with him.

Gonna trade that first round pick for Ariza eh?

That must mean Otto's injury is a lot more severe than initially indicated.

1 hour ago, Destino said:

Aside from the roster issues, the defensive coaching on this team is shameful.  No group of nba players that practice together should spend so much time out of position.  

You simply can't win if you play defense like this.  The only time this team has ever looked good this season are the one in five games they play defense.

Another thought: Kelly is getting worse as a passer.  He has absolutely zero drive and kick game and is playing astonishingly selfish basketball.

Wait... Trevor Ariza has a 15 million dollar salary.  Does this mean we'll finally get to dump Mahinmi?

And if so, then it's definitely going to cost our first round pick.  Abandon hope of tanking fellas.

Also, if Ernie has the green light to trade our draft pick, it means he's not going to be fired.

I'm also dreading that this is the John Wall trade.  Ariza's salary gets you most of the way to John's.  I'm not going to rest easy about John's future here until the deadline passes or the team comes out and says they won't trade him.

If John were the one getting traded Woj would have said right?

Just now, Spaceman Spiff said:

Wait, so...Oubre and Rivers are gone?  And all the Wiz get back is Ariza?  I'm assuming this has to clear up some cap space.  I don't pretend to know how this works but I don't get trading a young wing like Oubre for an older one like Ariza. 

VETERAN...………...PRESENCE

I hate everything about that man, he has his mop in hand and cleaning up his own mess. Ted will toss him another doggie treat in the form of a secret extension

Just now, StillUnknown said:

VETERAN...………...PRESENCE

I hate everything about that man, he has his mop in hand and cleaning up his own mess. Ted will toss him another doggie treat in the form of a secret extension

Dude, it's stupid.  I think Oubre is pretty good, he's a piece to hang on to.  He's still on a rookie contract, right?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Dude, it's stupid.  I think Oubre is pretty good, he's a piece to hang on to.  He's still on a rookie contract, right?

its his last year, he's a restricted free agent after this season

is Ariza still any good?

Edited by StillUnknown