Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

2 minutes ago, Metalhead said:

Not a fan of this proposed deal. Trading away youth and an expiring deal (Rivers). How many years does Ariza have left on his deal?

None.  He’s the latest vet mercenary on an expiring deal added to the locker room.  This always works out so well.

I’m this close to buying league pass and ignoring the wizards.  Not switching teams, but I need to watch decent quality basketball and right now the wizards aren’t scratching that itch.

• Like 1

Ernie is ****ing up the roster AGAIN. Oubre is MEH, but Ariza was old when he left here. Rivers was LITERALLY our best defender on the perimeter. 

How in the **** does Ernie get to keep ****ing this **** up? Now we have 2 picks for Euro trash n’ stash. 🙄🙄🙄🙄

Edited by Popeman38
  • Sad 1

I don't like the trade but it's not a disaster.  I'll miss Oubre but we were facing a potentially rough decision with him this summer.  Kid has cojones and so much potential.  He's a low IQ player.  I don't know how you fix that.  He sucks to play with on offense and he just hasn't become the kind of defensive player we hoped. 

A lot of that could be due to the broken ****ing culture and suck ass defensive system we run.  We routinely trot out line ups that have zero ****ing chance at guarding anyone.

It's a ****ty trade but not a bad one, if that makes sense.  I was thinking about how badly we missed Ariza last week.  Getting him is a legit positive and breathes new life into the locker room.  But it ****ing sucks that we wasted Oubre and couldn't get him to develop into someone worth keeping.  And trading young for old is never beneficial long term.

Sato is the one to keep.  If the choice was between him and Oubre this summer, we made the right one.  Hopefully this move will give him a much bigger role on the team.  Gets Rivers's suck ass out of the way and gives us better forward play.  And maybe Troy Brown can get some goddamn run.  Hopefully Ariza will stay healthy and Otto will come back soon and we can stop playing Jeff Green.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Popeman38 said:

Ernie is ****ing up the roster AGAIN. Oubre is MEH, but Ariza was old when he left here. Rivers was LITERALLY our best defender on the perimeter. 

Nah man.  Rivers was god awful.  Dumping him is addition by subtraction.  He was the worst performer on the team by far, the only one getting regular minutes with a negative WS/48.  He had the worst DRtg on the team too.  And to compound his godawful play, he was in the way of both Sato and Troy Brown.  Sato can back up point now and clear up minutes for Brown.

Oubre was playing at a sub replacement level this year too.  We would improve in the short term from getting rid of him and Rivers and bringing in replacement level guys.  Ariza is better than replacement level.  He was still a solid rotation player last year.