Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

3 minutes ago, Destino said:

Why did it take so long for Ernie to find a Thomas Bryant?  Cheap serviceable young center.  Seems like every team has three of them, meanwhile the wizards spent a fortune on mediocre.

I think he's more than just serviceable.  I think he's a gem.  One of the few legit positives to come about from this disaster of a season.

Absurd blocking foul call on Beal.

Lot of home cooking officiating tonight.

Statistically Wall isn’t having a bad game, but he looks slow to me, again, and passive.  Settling for pull-ups and not really probing with his dribble, like Beal is.  In short, he’s back to looking nothing at all like John Wall.  

Wizards have had a lot of stupid turnovers this quarter.  None worse than that inbounds pass.

12 minutes ago, Destino said:

Statistically Wall isn’t having a bad game, but he looks slow to me, again, and passive.  Settling for pull-ups and not really probing with his dribble, like Beal is.  In short, he’s back to looking nothing at all like John Wall.   

Wizards have had a lot of stupid turnovers this quarter.  None worse than that inbounds pass. 

He's playing well and I don't think Beal is.  Beal is having trouble reading the zone and he's coughing it up.  He's also not working hard on defense tonight.

Brad has been scoring like crazy the past two weeks.  He's had to shoulder that load.  But it's come as a result of a lot of pressing and it has drained him and led to poor defensive effort.

You can live with the poor efficiency and the lack of defense when he's scoring with so much volume, but it's not ideal.

Keef's defensive effort tonight has been shocking.  It's been a major reason why this game is close.

As ticky-tak as they've been calling stuff for Boston, they should of given Wall at least one or two for those drives for a chance at three point play.  We should  be talking overtime, not going home, happy to see us not throw up on ourselves, we'll look better with Howard back if we play like this.

• Like 1