Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

PFT:: Gradkowski, Campbell conundrum could spark a locker-room rift (MET)

Boss_Hogg

TBH I think an element to the media favoring Campbell was that they so obviously hate Snyder- it was just too easy to paint him as just one more victim of an "evil" owner and his dysfunctional franchise.

There is that but what I don't get is how the other players don't get that benefit of the doubt. I'ma put it out there for ya, if JC's name was Avi Goldstein or Chasworth Costington, he'd not have gotten nearly this amount of sympathy or delusional support. And we know this because we didn't see this support for failed QBs David Carr, Joey Harrington or Tim Couch.

Jason's problem is that he was made to look better than he was (aside from last year) due to a supporting cast that was much better than the average "bad" QB gets.

:ols: at all the posters still arguing over JC accusing each other of having agendas, him being their "boy" etc. Stupid.

Fact of the matter is that this is not surprising in the least. JC is not a starter QB. He is not a leader, never has been, never will be. He never took over and took responsibility for the team's failures when he started for us and it appears as though the same pattern is repeating itself in Oakland.

I readily admit I did think he was a classy guy for some time, although it always did bother me he didn't act like the team leader he should have as a starting QB. If these stories are true as stated, it's pretty disappointing that he would conduct himself that way. Whatever the case, his skill level and poor leadership abilities have sealed his NFL fate as far as I'm concerned.

Campbell lacks all the intangibles. He is not a vocal leader. On the field he does not have a feel for the flow of the game, he doesn't feel backside pressure and still can't read defenses.

Is anyone really surprised by this?

When Campbell went out of the lineup and Collins came in and lead the team to the playoffs in 2007 that showed me the team was better off moving on without him.

I didn't think Collins was the answer but the team needed to make a trade or sign another player for 2008.

Having him here in 2008 and 2009 running an offense he was not suited to play only made the pain that much more intense.

All that talk about the Raiders getting a steal because they only gave up a #4 pick in 2012 and that pick by the dumb 'draftnik point formula' really equates to a #6 pick..............WAS COMPLETE CRAP :D

The Redskins will be selecting in Round 4 of the draft in 2012 with the Raiders pick. The fact we had to wait a year for the pick is immaterial.

I was "murdered" (by certain ESers) for saying that Jay Cutler was head and shoulders above Jason..:pfft:

you cold say that majority of qbs in the nfl are head and shoulders above jason.

i recall candle homers bashing sanzchez... a rookie while always using "it's candle's first year in a new system" or " he needs another year" while having being in the league for more than 5 years....

look at sanchez right now only in his 2nd season. back to back 3TD games. something candle only wishes he could do. crazy i tell ya.

notice the similarities between cutler and sanchez. they both threw lots of INT last year in a new system. what does it mean? it means, they take risks and they go for TDs.

Campbell sucks. He was one of the worst mistakes the Skins ever made. I think only Desmond Howard, Michael Westbrook, and Steve Spurrier beat him out.
Seriously? Desmond Howard went on to be a top ST guy and has a Super Bowl ring. Granted, it was after he left us, but it showed he had talent that eventually came out. Michael Westbrooke had one great season here (1999). JC never had even that one breakout season and will never amount to anything like DH did. I would put JC at the top of the list.

The truth has finally come out about Campbell. He is always going to be a back up at best. I remember that one of his former coaches said that he has all the tools to be successful from the head down and he will never go any further until he gets his head straight. I don't remember who said it but it is true.

• 3 weeks later...

ESPN's John Clayton today wrote about the 92 trades that were made in the NFL this year.

"The most disappointing deal was the Raiders' acquisition of quarterback Jason Campbell. Campbell was supposed to help turn the Raiders into a playoff team, but he lost his starting job after six quarters."

Here is the article:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=clayton_john&id=5706182

Seriously? Desmond Howard went on to be a top ST guy and has a Super Bowl ring. Granted, it was after he left us, but it showed he had talent that eventually came out. Michael Westbrooke had one great season here (1999). JC never had even that one breakout season and will never amount to anything like DH did. I would put JC at the top of the list.

**** no dude. You're really defending the Desmond Howard pick? That **** was the beginning of the end for this franchise. It was all downhill from there.

That entire draft class sucked no doubt (worst ever maybe?). But we had a rapidly aging roster and two first round picks. One of them #6 overall. We should've traded back, picked up some picks in the next draft, something. Instead we package the two picks and move up 2 spots in the draft and take a huge bust. And that was curtains for the Skins as contenders.

**** no dude. You're really defending the Desmond Howard pick? That **** was the beginning of the end for this franchise. It was all downhill from there.

That entire draft class sucked no doubt (worst ever maybe?). But we had a rapidly aging roster and two first round picks. One of them #6 overall. We should've traded back, picked up some picks in the next draft, something. Instead we package the two picks and move up 2 spots in the draft and take a huge bust. And that was curtains for the Skins as contenders.

Wasnt that the year we drafted our current WR coach who was cut a few years later?

I really think if Campbell was put in an offense in which he could take 7 step drops, set up and throw, he'd be an average QB.

But those offenses disappeared 20 years ago.

He can't make the quick reads, can't adjust to the defense and it's because he's consistently been in offenses he can't run.

Unfortunately for him, most of the teams in the league run a variation of those offenses.

You'd have better luck in Canada, JC

~Bang

Campbell sucks. He was one of the worst mistakes the Skins ever made. I think only Desmond Howard, Michael Westbrook, and Steve Spurrier beat him out.

Yeah take Howard out and you could also add a plethera of other names, such as Heath Shuler, Rod Gardner, Dana Stubblefield, Deion Sanders or the second round twins?

Or has Haynesworth trumped them all? (Yeah I went there)

one was a screen pass to mccfaden. campbell had 2 big throws. one to a wide open zac miller that was awful blown coverage, and the other was maybe the best pass ive ever seen him throw.

however, the raiders put up almost 400 yards on the ground, and mcfadden won this game for them. they were still putting up points with kyle boller behind center.

one was a screen pass to mccfaden. campbell had 2 big throws. one to a wide open zac miller that was awful blown coverage, and the other was maybe the best pass ive ever seen him throw.

It wasn't blown coverage, it was a VERY well-designed play that emptied out the left half of the field, drew everyone to the right side of the field, and had Miller run to the emptied area on the left side after starting on the right side of the field. Miller basically got lost in the crowd, but purposefully. That's why he was so wide open.

The screen pass to McFadden was only for 19 yards. But Campbell also had passes of 19, 20 and 32 yards in that game in addition to the 19 yard screen and the 43 yard TD to Miller. Basically, he made--and connected on--throws downfield.

By the way, that one pass that you think was the best he's ever thrown...he threw the exact same pass last season to Devin Thomas for a huge chunk of yards against the Saints. Only he threw it even better last year lol :yes:...(yesterday's pass had a little too much hang time imo, but that's kind of nitpicking).

But it doesn't matter, does it...

however, the raiders put up almost 400 yards on the ground, and mcfadden won this game for them. they were still putting up points with kyle boller behind center.

No they didn't...the score was 59-14 when Campbell left at the end of the 3rd quarter. Boller didn't lead the team to any points, not that it says much. The Raiders were in milk-the-clock mode, no other points were necessary. Which is one reason Campbell only threw 20 pass attempts (he only had 5 attempts after halftime). The Raiders didn't need the QB to do much of anything after they had a freakin' 38-0 lead in the 2nd quarter lol :ols: (I still can't quite wrap my head around that reality..the Raiders!)...Not that McFadden gave a **** lol :cool:...he was gonna run over them regardless of the score.

Archived