Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

PFT:: Gradkowski, Campbell conundrum could spark a locker-room rift (MET)

Boss_Hogg

When i saw that Oakland scored 59 I thought that JC must have really lit it up.

He did what he had to do, but he has one of these games a year. I believe Cable said that Grads will be the starter when healthy. Not exactly a ringing endorsement for JC.

Remember when the Redskins killed the 49ers 52-17? Brunell was 13-20, 252 yds, 3 TDs.

Campbell, in a 59-14 rout, was 12-20, 204 yds, 2 TDs.

I think that, when you have a game where one team just destroys another team like in these two examples, the QB will rarely have gaudy numbers...and that's because the team putting up 50+ points isn't needing the QB to put the ball up very much, they don't need the QB to take chances getting injured on unnecessary sacks..Now, if the score was 50-45, THEN you'd see some gaudy QB stats lol :yes:...because at that point it's a shoot-out. But when your team is leading by 40 points in the 3rd quarter you'll find yourself running a helluva lot more than passing...and you'll be taking your starting QB out of the game (which both Campbell and Brunell were yanked from their respective blow-out victories). So it really does lessen the possibility of gaudy QB stats. Well, unless you're Tom Brady and your coach is Bill Belichick lol.

It wasn't blown coverage, it was a VERY well-designed play that emptied out the left half of the field, drew everyone to the right side of the field, and had Miller run to the emptied area on the left side after starting on the right side of the field. Miller basically got lost in the crowd, but purposefully. That's why he was so wide open.

The screen pass to McFadden was only for 19 yards. But Campbell also had passes of 19, 20 and 32 yards in that game in addition to the 19 yard screen and the 43 yard TD to Miller. Basically, he made--and connected on--throws downfield.

By the way, that one pass that you think was the best he's ever thrown...he threw the exact same pass last season to Devin Thomas for a huge chunk of yards against the Saints. Only he threw it even better last year lol :yes:...(yesterday's pass had a little too much hang time imo, but that's kind of nitpicking).

But it doesn't matter, does it...

No they didn't...the score was 59-14 when Campbell left at the end of the 3rd quarter. Boller didn't lead the team to any points, not that it says much. The Raiders were in milk-the-clock mode, no other points were necessary. Which is one reason Campbell only threw 20 pass attempts (he only had 5 attempts after halftime). The Raiders didn't need the QB to do much of anything after they had a freakin' 38-0 lead in the 2nd quarter lol :ols: (I still can't quite wrap my head around that reality..the Raiders!)...Not that McFadden gave a **** lol :cool:...he was gonna run over them regardless of the score.

thats my bad, i thought campbell was pulled before that, probably cause i never saw the ball go in the air again. lol.

but again, i still doubt hes the starter, im pretty sure doc B has that job lined up in oakland.

thats my bad, i thought campbell was pulled before that, probably cause i never saw the ball go in the air again. lol.

but again, i still doubt hes the starter, im pretty sure doc B has that job lined up in oakland.

This might shock you, but I don't think Campbell SHOULD be the starter. Then again, I don't think Gradkowski should, either lol :ols:...Before the season started I predicted that the Raiders fans would go back and forth a lot during the season between wanting JC or Grads starting because neither is the answer at QB for the Raiders. They both have numerous flaws that will make themselves noticed during the season.

This might shock you, but I don't think Campbell SHOULD be the starter. Then again, I don't think Gradkowski should, either lol :ols:...Before the season started I predicted that the Raiders fans would go back and forth a lot during the season between wanting JC or Grads starting because neither is the answer at QB for the Raiders. They both have numerous flaws that will make themselves noticed during the season.

doesnt shock me at all, i never really lumped you in with the campbell fan club, you were always kinda lukewarm on him but never really had enough to completely ditch the guy. youd never think he was good but you never slammed him either lol. mr. on the fence!

but id agree, he isnt the answer for any team.

I'm not sure that 60% completion percentage, 10 yards per attempt and a QB rating of 127.9 should be described as "ho-hum" stats lol...
:yes:
one was a screen pass to mccfaden. campbell had 2 big throws. one to a wide open zac miller that was awful blown coverage, and the other was maybe the best pass ive ever seen him throw.

however, the raiders put up almost 400 yards on the ground, and mcfadden won this game for them. they were still putting up points with kyle boller behind center.

:rotflmao:

The Boyz can't even admit JC had a pretty good day.

Too funny.

People are acting like he was terrible when he was here. He wasn't. He had some great throws when he was here and he had some great games. His problem was he didn't see the whole field quickly enough and he wouldn't make throws to receivers until they were out of their breaks. He also wouldn't let his receivers make plays.

I'm not sure that 60% completion percentage, 10 yards per attempt and a QB rating of 127.9 should be described as "ho-hum" stats lol...
he had a pretty good day. a broken clock is right twice a day still right? LOL

It's his, what 4th game in the system?

His third didn't even crack 11. Rating isn't the be-all end-all of how good a QB is. We all know that. Brunell was lambasted for dinking and dunking his way to tying (or was it breaking... ?) the consecutive completions record a few years back. His rating was pretty good that game, IIRC. Even broke the 'Skins completion percentage that season at a time when his best years were obviously behind him.

Campbell's "pretty good" day is still woefully mid-pack and he still hasn't anything to prove he's above that.

It's gonna be so funny to see your reaction (or lack of posting thereof), when Candle plays the next game where the offense isn't in total control by rushing.

:rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao:

I'm happy to see this big game. Maybe the hated raiders will keep Candle awhile longer because of this.

They ****ing curb stomped the Broncos. That was ridiculous. That was an ass-whopping. I think Jason completed the best pass I've ever seen him throw. Better then the bomb's to Santana against the saints (both of em).

Watching Campbell his whole career you become clairvoyant. Gradkowski will take the job back in 2 weeks after another good Campbell performance in Seattle. Gradkowski will play OK... and Campbell will win back the starting job. Then Campbell will stink the joint up. ;)

Deep ball back shoulder to Nick Miller in the 3rd quarter. It was even on a 3rd and long.

lol, i said the same thing, thats the best pass ive ever seen him throw.

but sorry jason campbell fans, your dream come true looks to be short lived (again).

Raiders coach Tom Cable said Bruce Gradkowski (shoulder) would "definitely" regain his starting job once he's healthy.

Gradkowski has missed the last two games but has "made a lot of improvement," Cable said. The coach added, "... but is he ready to go and do it the way we need him to? We'll see. We just don't know yet." Jason Campbell bounced back Sunday from a rocky Week 6 performance, but the Raiders like Gradkowski's moxie. Oct. 26 - 12:34 pm et

Source: Oakland Tribune

lol, i said the same thing, thats the best pass ive ever seen him throw.

but sorry jason campbell fans, your dream come true looks to be short lived (again).

Raiders coach Tom Cable said Bruce Gradkowski (shoulder) would "definitely" regain his starting job once he's healthy.

Gradkowski has missed the last two games but has "made a lot of improvement," Cable said. The coach added, "... but is he ready to go and do it the way we need him to? We'll see. We just don't know yet." Jason Campbell bounced back Sunday from a rocky Week 6 performance, but the Raiders like Gradkowski's moxie. Oct. 26 - 12:34 pm et

Source: Oakland Tribune

They might like his moxie, but Campbell's the only starter who has finished the game who has a win on that team this year. They are even in relief appearances, each winning one game which the other guy had started.

Archived