Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

PFT:: Gradkowski, Campbell conundrum could spark a locker-room rift (MET)

Boss_Hogg

Are you people kidding me? I mean Campbell is what he is playing wise, but I thought he handled himself here very professionally.

If indeed he is creating a locker room rift, I would actually be very surprised.

^^This - JC may not have been the best QB, but to say that he was/is a locker room cancer is like saying TO is a team player.

I have never seen behavior from Campbell indicating that he is anything other than a classy guy so I think that I'll err on the side that this is a rumor. (Granted, I don't have access to the DC media...)
You obviously weren't looking very hard. JC has NEVER taken responsibility for his poor play. He has many times inadvertently (very sly of him) thrown everyone on his team under the bus to excuse himself. He even played the race card last year. It the rumor of his good behavior and nice character that you have fallen gullible for, but your not the only one unfortunately.
But still. If anyone has EVER had a reason to mouth off or go crazy over a situation, it would be Campbell. The dude had a rough go of it while he was in Washington and he looks to be in a similar situation now.
Once again, you haven't been paying attention. JC was handed a contract that he never deserved AFTER the team gave up a king's ransom to draft him. He was then handed the starters job without ever having earned it. Coaches lost their jobs and were passed over because of the unbelievable amount of coddling that was given to this lame-duck wannabe QB. The entire reason we were made to suffer through the Zorn regime is due to the fact that they were coddling JC.

You know who had it rough? The entire offense that was labeled much more pathetic than they actually were due to an incompetent QB with absolutely no leadership skills or abilities.

One of the biggest myths in football today: Jason Campbell is a "classy" guy.

Jason Campbell is a hard working, honest guy. But through NEVER accepting personal blame, and in so doing throwing everyone and his dog under the bus; through throwing out the race card to detract from his own pathetic play; the dude wouldn't know classy if it jumped up and bit him HARD on the ass.

Stay "classy" in Oakland Jason, whilst you learn to deal with the death of a career.

Hail.

sadly, these myths have been created by redskins fans. the guy is far from classy.

You obviously weren't looking very hard. JC has NEVER taken responsibility for his poor play. He has many times inadvertently (very sly of him) thrown everyone on his team under the bus to excuse himself. He even played the race card last year. It the rumor of his good behavior and nice character that you have fallen gullible for, but your not the only one unfortunately.

Once again, you haven't been paying attention. JC was handed a contract that he never deserved AFTER the team gave up a king's ransom to draft him. He was then handed the starters job without ever having earned it. Coaches lost their jobs and were passed over because of the unbelievable amount of coddling that was given to this lame-duck wannabe QB. The entire reason we were made to suffer through the Zorn regime is due to the fact that they were coddling JC.

You know who had it rough? The entire offense that was labeled much more pathetic than they actually were due to an incompetent QB with absolutely no leadership skills or abilities.

Enough guy. You just repeat yourself in every JC thread. We get it. You dont like JC. You dont like him so much that you make up a revisionist version of History.

Coddling the QB... hmmm. How can you coddle someone by trying to trade him? Give me a break. Maybe we coddled him by throwing a new system in his fhead ever year? Or getting him the protection of a good offensive line, or wide receivers, or coaching, or playcalling, or... you get it.

I get that he is not a great QB. But coddling him is far from the truth.

Enough guy. You just repeat yourself in every JC thread. We get it. You dont like JC. You dont like him so much that you make up a revisionist version of History.

Coddling the QB... hmmm. How can you coddle someone by trying to trade him? Give me a break. Maybe we coddled him by throwing a new system in his fhead ever year? Or getting him the protection of a good offensive line, or wide receivers, or coaching, or playcalling, or... you get it.

It is understandable that you still want to keep using the same lame excuses that you have been using for your boy over the past four years (talk about needing to give it a rest), because you have nothing at all, including all of your excuses which have been proven nothing close to accurate time and time again. But, to claim that I am the one revising history is simply laughable and pathetic.

He was coddled. Why did we have so many systems for him to learn? Why did he go through so many systems in high school and college? Interesting how that is a common factor when it comes to him, huh? Perhaps it has something to do with the fact that the guy is a complete failure as a QB. System kept being changed in order to find one that he could actually succeed in. Too bad there isn't one that exists outside of having two all-star running backs in the backfield with him to cover his massive limitations and deficiencies, along with having to have EVERYTHING else perfect for him. Wow, why couldn't we have done all that for him, right?

It is funny how when the whole Cutler trade talk surfaced that you and the JC crew were hell bent on there not being anything but speculation about it. Now, you want to use it in your arsenal of excuses. Nice try. You always want to bring up the O-line but fail to recognize that the o-line was not horrible the entire time he was here, or the fact that a career back-up was able to carve up defenses behind the same exact line that JC couldn't do scrap behind. It is also amazing how Moss and Cooley are starting to look like the old Moss and Cooley now that they have someone throwing the ball. You can rest on the coaches and the play calling all you want, but the fact is that Zorn was here for one reason and one reason only: Jason Campbell. Our entire team was transformed to aid and help one loser. If that isn't coddling, I don't know what is.

i think its because it seems like the general football public is completely oblivious to the things he does and it bothers some to continuously read a false perception about the guy. People are clearly figuring out now, that hes in oakland, that he really is a very poor QB even tho for years here all we heard was how he needed this and how he was held back and how all of these other circumstances were to blame. all of the espn guys, other sportscasters, writers, etc always claim hes this classy guy, but in reality, hes a pouter who just does it in a subtle manner not to draw any attention from the mainstream media. the used toilet paper, the saying he feels like his manhood was taken away, the race card, claiming the mcnabb trade was a dagger, now in oakland hes claiming conspiracy: stuff like this does not equal a classy person.

i think its just a frustrating situation when so many people are misinformed about a player. and its not just people on this board either. it goes way beyond ES. i mean for gods sake we had espn and other outlets claiming the raiders were playoff bound with campbell, and he lasted 6 quarters. its unreal how blatantly wrong people could be about something that is seemingly so clear to some.

JC was handed a contract that he never deserved AFTER the team gave up a king's ransom to draft him.

While I agree with a lot of what you said, this isn't one of them. You could say the same thing about any rookie first rounder entering the NFL.

I don't think you can blame a guy who played well enough in college to make some team draft him where they did. You can argue he was overdrafted, relied on his RBs, etc. but the fact is some team, our team, decided he was worth the pick, which was determined by what he did during his college career. So, in that sense, with rookie contracts being what they are, he did technically "earn" his first contract.

Unfortunately, I thought we had a smarter fan base than the guys who continue to perpetuate these threads about JC.

After two years of Zorn, JC will never be the quarterback anyone projected when Gibbs grabbed him. The guy is a shell of his former self...and likely will be out of the NFL in a couple of years.

That the Raiders even gave us a pick for him shows you how terrible their franchise's FO is.

So, now that we all agree that JC's best days are behind him, can we stop littering the ATN with 'I told you so' threads.

It's boring.

It's childish.

Oh, and it's belittling to the intelligence of our fan base.

We're better than this fellas.

At least respect the colors the guy used to wear.

this keeps getting funnier tho TR1!

per rotoworld:

The Raiders have put a gag order on Jason Campbell this week.

Bruce Gradkowski has been a media darling in Oakland this week, but Campbell has been asked not to talk to reporters after being yanked as the starter. Gradkowski suggested that he's under no illusion that the job is his for good, so Campbell could re-enter the picture in the next few weeks.

Source: San Francisco Chronicle

Related: Bruce Gradkowski

Unfortunately, I thought we had a smarter fan base than the guys who continue to perpetuate these threads about JC.

After two years of Zorn, JC will never be the quarterback anyone projected when Gibbs grabbed him. The guy is a shell of his former self...and likely will be out of the NFL in a couple of years.

That the Raiders even gave us a pick for him shows you how terrible their franchise's FO is.

So, now that we all agree that JC's best days are behind him, can we stop littering the ATN with 'I told you so' threads.

It's boring.

It's childish.

I know I am still relatively new in these parts, but I've been here long enough to read some of the things you have posted about this debate in the past, and some of the shots you have taken at other members for being on the opposite side of the fence as you in this debate. With all that in mind, this post reeks of being nothing but sour grapes.

I know I am still relatively new in these parts, but I've been here long enough to read some of the things you have posted about this debate in the past, and some of the shots you have taken at other members for being on the opposite side of the fence as you in this debate. With all that in mind, this post reeks of being nothing but sour grapes.

touche!

It is understandable that you still want to keep using the same lame excuses that you have been using for your boy over the past four years (talk about needing to give it a rest), because you have nothing at all, including all of your excuses which have been proven nothing close to accurate time and time again. But, to claim that I am the one revising history is simply laughable and pathetic.

He was coddled. Why did we have so many systems for him to learn? Why did he go through so many systems in high school and college? Interesting how that is a common factor when it comes to him, huh? Perhaps it has something to do with the fact that the guy is a complete failure as a QB. System kept being changed in order to find one that he could actually succeed in. Too bad there isn't one that exists outside of having two all-star running backs in the backfield with him to cover his massive limitations and deficiencies, along with having to have EVERYTHING else perfect for him. Wow, why couldn't we have done all that for him, right?

It is funny how when the whole Cutler trade talk surfaced that you and the JC crew were hell bent on there not being anything but speculation about it. Now, you want to use it in your arsenal of excuses. Nice try. You always want to bring up the O-line but fail to recognize that the o-line was not horrible the entire time he was here, or the fact that a career back-up was able to carve up defenses behind the same exact line that JC couldn't do scrap behind. It is also amazing how Moss and Cooley are starting to look like the old Moss and Cooley now that they have someone throwing the ball. You can rest on the coaches and the play calling all you want, but the fact is that Zorn was here for one reason and one reason only: Jason Campbell. Our entire team was transformed to aid and help one loser. If that isn't coddling, I don't know what is.

"My boy". LOL. That quote just shows how pathetically emotionally connected to the subject you still are. Still beating the same horse... with the same arguments... while pointing the finger at another poster calling them a defender or whatever... really. I care less about what kind of QB JC turned out to be. It does not affect my presonal or professional life. Get over yourself. Really. Find a hobby. Constantly perpetuating the same, lame, tired old argumnt is stupid at this point.

I lost hope for JC long ago. I even edmitted so many times on this board. That does not eradicate the fact that this frachise has been dysfunctional for well over a decade. And THAT, my friend, is the point that escapes your mental grasp. We could have had a lovechild made up of the best genes of Montana, Elway, Manning, Brees and Marino. That would not have negated the fact that we had a meddlsome owner, fickle manager, 7 head coaches in ten years, different players, systems, philosophies (sp) etc... When you have that kind of turmoil and turnover, you cant be a consistant contender. Was JC a PART of the problem? Definitley. Was HE the ONLY problem? Only according to your awkward logic.

Now lets move on and hope the Skins franchise (FO included in that) have learned a lesson in all this.

Bravo. I agree. I remember the cute nickname he gave all the members that didn't think Campbell was a franchise QB, and shouldn't be starting. I think it was "the boyz", "agenda boyz" or something along those lines. Now that the "boyz" were proven right, and Campbell has gone by the wayside, he wants to brush it under the rug. Of course there is going to be some "I told you so", after 4 years of debates, and a subsequent benching after 6 quarters that was long overdue.

I respect Jason as a hardworking guy, and somebody who tries his best. But his senseof entitlement, lack of leadership, and somewhat throwing his players/coaches under the buss, while making excuses for his poor play have turned me off to his personality as well. Wish him the best, though, in his future endeavors after he's no longer in the NFL.

i think its because it seems like the general football public is completely oblivious to the things he does and it bothers some to continuously read a false perception about the guy. People are clearly figuring out now, that hes in oakland, that he really is a very poor QB even tho for years here all we heard was how he needed this and how he was held back and how all of these other circumstances were to blame. all of the espn guys, other sportscasters, writers, etc always claim hes this classy guy, but in reality, hes a pouter who just does it in a subtle manner not to draw any attention from the mainstream media. the used toilet paper, the saying he feels like his manhood was taken away, the race card, claiming the mcnabb trade was a dagger, now in oakland hes claiming conspiracy: stuff like this does not equal a classy person.

i think its just a frustrating situation when so many people are misinformed about a player. and its not just people on this board either. it goes way beyond ES. i mean for gods sake we had espn and other outlets claiming the raiders were playoff bound with campbell, and he lasted 6 quarters. its unreal how blatantly wrong people could be about something that is seemingly so clear to some.

I disagree with you, but understand why you feel that way. First off, this whole article is based off of "he said/she said" rumors from PFT. It needs to be taken with a grain of salt. Secondly, its the Raiders. Who cares? Thirdly, JC has always been a stand up character. I cant imagine him acting that way. Personally I think this is good for him in the long run. He never has been ableto get to that next level. I actually hoped he would have been here to learn under a real mentor fo a QB. I think it could have done wonders for him.

The whle playoff stuff was more about the improvments made across the board, rather than JC is their saviour. They still have a long way to go on offense.

all of the espn guys, other sportscasters, writers, etc always claim hes this classy guy, but in reality, hes a pouter who just does it in a subtle manner not to draw any attention from the mainstream media. the used toilet paper, the saying he feels like his manhood was taken away, the race card, claiming the mcnabb trade was a dagger, now in oakland hes claiming conspiracy: stuff like this does not equal a classy person.

Tr1, this is why we can't stand Jason Campbell. Not only did he insult the fans last year but he's also made up bogus reasons for his failures.

He has never taken accountability and always blames other people. Now Bruce Gradkowski (who deserved to start anyway) is next on his smear list. I can't stand people like that!

It's boring.

It's childish.

Umm. Considering we had to watch JC under center for four years and set our team back because of an incompetent FO couldn't see what many others saw, we are going to talk about it.

As far as your obsession with everything Cowboys, the repetitive threads on the same subject(s) and the laughing smileys at the end of every one of your posts?

It's boring.

It's childish.

Perhaps you should come join us in the Stadium and talk about our team more often instead of being obsessed with the Cowboys.

The problem was the guy was projected to be a second-round pick and Gibbs traded two picks to move up and get him. That keeps a sour flavor in people's mouths, as well. He was never projected to be a great, first-round QB.

After four years of watching this guy and listening to excuse after excuse... there will definitely be comeuppance. Not because people are trying to rub it in, but because the same shortcomings this guy displayed here are the same ones in Oakland. Nothing ruined him as a QB. He was never that good.

Archived