Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

PFT:: Gradkowski, Campbell conundrum could spark a locker-room rift (MET)

Boss_Hogg

Okay. :rotflmao:

So, how long does the 'I told you so' keep going.

Sounds like some folks are making a 'posting career' on JC.

When he's out of the league next year, will we still see these threads?

:rotflmao:

Just too funny.

IMO, I think its becuase the kid was such an enigma around these parts. Even the most ardent detractors have to admit there were some games where he would play great. Not "lock him up" fantasy football "championship" kind of great. But clean, mistake free, decent QB kind of great. You remember the 6-2 start. Not a peep from the detractors. He did EVERYTHING they said he could not do in that time frame. His YPA went way up. Turnovers went down. TD's stayed around the same. Everythnig was okey dokey around here.

Then Pittsburgh happened. All downhill from there. Everybody got old/bad quick... JC, Jansen, Samuels, Portis, etc...

In closing, JC's history supports both points of view.

Well, he lead the team to 6-2 in the first half of 2008...but, hey, keep kicking sand at the kid.

JC was part of the problem.

He wasn't all of it.

To say he "led" us to a 6-2 record is laughable at best. That was the time when Portis had 944 yards rushing in those first 8 games, then a paltry 543 the rest of the way. When it came time to put the burden on Jason's shoulders, he and the team collapsed. The year before, JC goes out and a backup rallies the team to a playoff birth. The same thing is happening in Oakland. JC sucks it up, another guy comes in with the same crew and scores points to win the game. You can blame Zorn, the offensive line, Blanche, Vinny, Snyder, bum on the street, but the facts are there to prove otherwise.

No, Jason wasn't all of the problem here in DC, but I find it funny that the first position dealt with immediately...was the QB position. Amazing eh?

LOL awesome post dude :cheers:

hilarious that one of the guys who got chastised for his whole ridiculous "agenda boyz" thing is trying to take the high road now and attack peoples intelligence levels.

Oh, I'm not complaining about the agenda boyz continuing their agenda....it's just that it's moved to the ATN.

We're used to a bit more sophisticated and intelligent posts here.

You fellas should never have kids.

If they ever fail to meet your expectations, I'm sure you're going to hound them for the rest of their lives.

The guy wore the Skins' colors...never became a very good quarterback, and you treat him with a lover's scorn.

It's quite the spectacle.

I suppose it beats playing in traffic.

The gag order thing is interesting because in his last year as a Skin, Zorn thought JC spent too much time talking to the media and told him so.

Also, the fact that Shanahan traded JC to of all teams the Raiders is an underreported story. Shanahan HATES Al Davis. If he thought JC was worth anything, he would have never traded him there.

Yeah, I don't understand why people are still so involved in criticizing Jason Campbell. He plays almost 3,000 miles away and people are still crazy over pointing out his flaws!
Another way to look at it, is people are REALLY crazy trying to defend Candle.

My two motivations to post are:

1. The idiocy of defending Candle. He sucked under Gibbs. He sucked under Saunders. He sucked under Zorn. He sucked under Cable. He was outplayed by Todd Collins. He was outplayed by Bruce Gradkowski. Yet people still defend him.

2. People acting like Candle didn't have a fair shot here. That is a direct insult to the Washington Redskins. Gibbs wasted a lot of draft picks to get him. Sat him a year and a half to give him time to get ready. Had an offensive line that was pretty good most of his career. A team that proved it could make the playoffs with a competent QB. We even threw away an offense that made the playoffs, so we could bring in a QB guru to help Candle! And in the end, traded him to one of the few teams where he WAS the undisputed starter. What more could you realistically ask from a franchise?!?

1. The idiocy of defending Candle. He sucked under Gibbs. He sucked under Saunders. He sucked under Zorn. He sucked under Cable. He was outplayed by Todd Collins. He was outplayed by Bruce Gradkowski. Yet people still defend him.

2. People acting like Candle didn't have a fair shot here. That is a direct insult to the Washington Redskins. Gibbs wasted a lot of draft picks to get him. Sat him a year and a half to give him time to get ready. Had an offensive line that was pretty good most of his career. A team that proved it could make the playoffs with a competent QB. We even threw away an offense that made the playoffs, so we could bring in a QB guru to help Candle! And in the end, traded him to one of the few teams where he WAS the undisputed starter. What more could you realistically ask from a franchise?!?

:yawnee:

602__image_091.jpg

there really is no reason for "candle homers" to be in these threads anymore. the old debate has been solved. there isnt anything to defend candle as a player anymore. and most aren't but you still have few weird ones posting their nonsense as if jason candle is part of their family member or something cause, obviously we aint debating about his talent level anymore. we all know how bad he is! and when i say "all" even the candle homers. of course we candle haters knew years ago how bad candle was/is.

the reason why they have no business on these threads is because Candle is no longer a redskins , hence no reason to defend a former Skins.

so these candle homers will counter by saying " so why are you guys allowed to create candle threads and why are you allowed to keep talking about candle?"

well, one, it just validates how bad candle was and when you're right about something, its natural that you want to talk about it amongst your collegaues, in this case, your extremeskins fellas. are we talking bad about candle? same as we always have been talking about candle. which is, he is a loser, and one of the worst QB in the league.

bottom line Gradkowski is a way better QB than Campbell....just the truth

99% of nfl qbs are better than candle. at best, a third stinger material. one of my best friend is a raiders fan and he was sick to his stomach when he heard that raiders signed him. he lives in northern va and since we get every redskins game and he loves football in general, he watches almost all redskins games. so he knows how bad jason candle was/is. it isnt one of those situations where he didnt get to see JC play much and went by what the media said and his stats. he knew exactly how JC played and how those stats were accumulated.... and so on.

The gag order thing is interesting because in his last year as a Skin, Zorn thought JC spent too much time talking to the media and told him so.

When one looks at the reporting done by JLC, Reid and even nationally, I'd say JC's time was an investment well worth. Look, you're not a bad guy just because you develop friendly relations with the media, you may even be doing it because you're a nice guy, but what people underestimate about Jason was how much he played the game, in getting his rep bumped up by local beat reporters, and to get his narrative out about the team, and his career.

When one looks at the reporting done by JLC, Reid and even nationally, I'd say JC's time was an investment well worth. Look, you're not a bad guy just because you develop friendly relations with the media, you may even be doing it because you're a nice guy, but what people underestimate about Jason was how much he played the game, in getting his rep bumped up by local beat reporters, and to get his narrative out about the team, and his career.

I have to presume that it was just a case of Campbell being agreeable (at least at first), because if he actually did it to cultivate the media's favor then it would indicate a much higher degree of savvy than he ever displayed as a QB. But, yes, he did a wonderful job currying favor with the press and it clearly shows in the nonsensical media praise for his play and sympathy for his "plight" :rolleyes:.

It is interesting to think about. I have always wondered where the media’s accolades for Campbell came from. The guy was nothing ever that good. Sure, he had a good game once or twice a season, but he was never close to consistent and the parts around him were never as bad as some fans and media types made them out to be. There have been far better quarterbacks that have shown much more promise than Jason Campbell, with much less playing time, that have received much more criticism from the media than what Jason ever received. Talk about a double standard.

TBH I think an element to the media favoring Campbell was that they so obviously hate Snyder- it was just too easy to paint him as just one more victim of an "evil" owner and his dysfunctional franchise. We've seen the same thing here, Campbell wasn't to blame, he was misused, mishandled, or miscoached. A lot of the media are just lazy, you can plainly see that they don't want to work when it is just easier to replay last year's scripts, pick last year's successes, etc. When given the choice between actual investigation into what JC was lacking as a starting QB and why vs rewording their last "Just another symptom of Redskins mistakes", they took the easier one.

Archived