Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

PFT:: Gradkowski, Campbell conundrum could spark a locker-room rift (MET)

Boss_Hogg

That's more than solid. That's a fantastic game and it looks like that hilarious joke of Oakland is going to have the same record as we do...

He definitely had a good game, but about 100 of those passing yards came on two plays: a screen pass and one crazy mf'ing play where the ball bounced off something like three different players before it landed in the hands of a Raider RB (I think) and he took it 50 yards or something like that lol...

But Campbell's two TDs were good, especially the first one. He squeezed that sucker right between two converging Seahawk DBs on 4th and 1 and it turned into a TD.

I originally said that Campbell's career was over after he was benched a game and a half into his "rebirth"...but I'm definitely believing I was wrong about that. He has put together three 100+ QB rating games out of the last 4 games, and the Radiers have won those three games. He's playing his game-manager best--and even throwing in some nice deep passes and long TDs--and the Raiders' defense and insane running game are doing the rest.

Good for Jason Campbell!

I'm glad benching him lit a fire under his ass, he is playing like a Top 10 QB right now. It's too bad we didn't have the balls to do that when he was here. Keep it up! I'll be cheering for Campbell and the Raiders (minus versus the Redskins).

Good for Jason Campbell!

I'm glad benching him lit a fire under his ass, he is playing like a Top 10 QB right now. It's too bad we didn't have the balls to do that when he was here. Keep it up! I'll be cheering for Campbell and the Raiders (minus versus the Redskins).

Didn't we try to bench him every offseason? And didn't Zorn bench him in the Chiefs game last year? We tried lighting a fire under Campbell several times ... maybe the real problem was that our offensive line was terrible and we don't have many viable receivers.

10. Please adhere to the following policies when using content from outside sources:

If you are posting an article from an outside source, title your thread in the following format: "SHORTFORM SOURCE: HEADLINE" (Ex.: "WP: Redskins Name Mike Shanahan New Head Coach") without editorializing the headline with your own version.

guys, this is clear as daylight. he has a running game that has put up 567 yards over the past two games, and a defense playing lights out. hes playing exactly how he used to play when portis was on fire and the defense was killing it. except now in oakland, because al davis loves how fast guys run a 40, hes turning those short dump off passes into massive gains due to the sheer speed of his skill players and with defenses keying in on the run, the playaction is deadly.

take a look at the 49ers game and see how well the run game was working. when the run game is stuffed, so is campbell. thats been his MO his entire career. he can never effectively pass the football without an intense running game. and hes looking awesome right now because somehow out of nowhere, darren mcfadden has turned into barry sanders. lol

guys, this is clear as daylight. he has a running game that has put up 567 yards over the past two games, and a defense playing lights out. hes playing exactly how he used to play when portis was on fire and the defense was killing it. except now in oakland, because al davis loves how fast guys run a 40, hes turning those short dump off passes into massive gains due to the sheer speed of his skill players and with defenses keying in on the run, the playaction is deadly.

take a look at the 49ers game and see how well the run game was working. when the run game is stuffed, so is campbell. thats been his MO his entire career. he can never effectively pass the football without an intense running game. and hes looking awesome right now because somehow out of nowhere, darren mcfadden has turned into barry sanders. lol

Sorry, but those excuses don't explain his first TD on 4th and one...that ****er was beautifully thrown, especially when viewed from behind the defense on instant replay. He perfectly split the coverage and got it into an extremely tight window. It was a helluva play and nothing about the running game or the defense dictated that throw or the outcome. That was more or less all Campbell. And the 2nd TD pass was due to JC applying some Zorn-ish QB training lol (avoid/reset/blah blah blah)...nice side-step to avoid pocket pressure, and then a nicely thrown ball above the front DB and in front of the DB up top. Turned into a 68-yard touchdown. Like it or not Campbell is actually a contributing factor to the wins...he hasn't been merely along for the ride.

Now, whether or not he can (or could) keep this up is another issue, because consistency has never been JC's strong suit.

Sorry, but those excuses don't explain his first TD on 4th and one...that ****er was beautifully thrown, especially when viewed from behind the defense on instant replay. He perfectly split the coverage and got it into an extremely tight window. It was a helluva play and nothing about the running game or the defense dictated that throw or the outcome. That was more or less all Campbell. And the 2nd TD pass was due to JC applying some Zorn-ish QB training lol (avoid/reset/blah blah blah)...nice side-step to avoid pocket pressure, and then a nicely thrown ball above the front DB and in front of the DB up top. Turned into a 68-yard touchdown. Like it or not Campbell is actually a contributing factor to the wins...he hasn't been merely along for the ride.

Now, whether or not he can (or could) keep this up is another issue, because consistency has never been JC's strong suit.

let me be clear, campbells playing well right now. and yes i saw that 4th and 1 pass, that was nuts. i didnt even think the guy caught it. that was sick tho.

but lets also be clear, hes playing well because of 567 yard rushing performances from their stable of runningbacks, and a defense thats is shutting teams the F down. when they play a team that decides to shutdown mcfadden, and campbell is still slaying it, ill be very impressed.

Actually, I highly doubt Campbell makes that TD pass in the Eagles game that McNabb did. That thing was damn near perfectly thrown. I could see the Skins only being up 7-0 instead of 14-0 when Kolb came in.
For whatever faults Campbell might've had, delivering perfect throws to Cooley was never a problem for him. And if you recall, McNabb missed a wide open Davis earlier on that same drive, on a play which was nearly identical to the TD Campbell threw to Zach Miller vs. Denver.

let me be clear, campbells playing well right now. and yes i saw that 4th and 1 pass, that was nuts. i didnt even think the guy caught it. that was sick tho.

but lets also be clear, hes playing well because of 567 yard rushing performances from their stable of runningbacks, and a defense thats is shutting teams the F down. when they play a team that decides to shutdown mcfadden, and campbell is still slaying it, ill be very impressed.

He hasn't been a game manager, if that's what you're implying. Even with the strong ground game, he's been taking chances and making downfield throws. Even with the strong ground game they've found themselves in 3rd & mediums/longs where JC converted it for them. Regarding the SF game, that runs deeper than just not having a running game; it was by far the worst statistical performance of his career; there've been plenty of games where he didn't have a running game before, but NONE of them were even close to that level of suckage, except maybe the TB game last year (3rd quarter omitted). The SF game was an anomaly.

He has produced without a running game before: we've been over pretty much all of last year's game ad nauseum and I'm not interested in going over them again, but I think we can agree that he played very well in the NO & Oakland games last year. He didn't have much of a ground game in either of them. Whether he'll be able to do it with consistency this year........we'll see. One of the arguments often used against his performance during the 6-2 run of 2008 was to the effect of "even with protection and a running game, JC was still only 'okay.'" Well he's been more than just "okay:" In the 4 games since the benching he's posted ratings of at least 115.0 in 3 of 4 games, and even with that dreadful SF game, his ypa is still nearly 9. As for whether he'll be able to sustain it..........well, his track record on consistency isn't good, but we'll see. Their upcoming game vs. KC and their good run D should be interesting. JC's performance will probably be what determines whether they win or lose.

Archived