Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

PFT:: Gradkowski, Campbell conundrum could spark a locker-room rift (MET)

Boss_Hogg

For whatever faults Campbell might've had, delivering perfect throws to Cooley was never a problem for him. And if you recall, McNabb missed a wide open Davis earlier on that same drive, on a play which was nearly identical to the TD Campbell threw to Zach Miller vs. Denver.

Not THAT type of throw, though. That TD pass from McNabb to Cooley required perfect touch, something Campbell definitely did not possess with anything close to regularity.

As for the missed Davis TD pass, it was just as much Davis' fault as McNabb's...Davis should have kept running and looked over his shoulder. If he had, it would have been an in-stride TD. Instead, Davis turned 180 degrees around and started pulling up...he misjudged where the pass was going to eventually be.

guys, this is clear as daylight. he has a running game that has put up 567 yards over the past two games, and a defense playing lights out. hes playing exactly how he used to play when portis was on fire and the defense was killing it. except now in oakland, because al davis loves how fast guys run a 40, hes turning those short dump off passes into massive gains due to the sheer speed of his skill players and with defenses keying in on the run, the playaction is deadly.

take a look at the 49ers game and see how well the run game was working. when the run game is stuffed, so is campbell. thats been his MO his entire career. he can never effectively pass the football without an intense running game. and hes looking awesome right now because somehow out of nowhere, darren mcfadden has turned into barry sanders. lol

:rotflmao:

BLC the revisionist!

Let's be clear, no one said JC was a HOF qb. Just a good game manager WHEN the pieces were right around him. With the o-line he suffered with beginning after the 6-2 stretch a couple of years ago, JC looked like a deer in the headlights. Yet, the boyz on their crusade to crucify the guy NEVER acknowledged that the o-line and lack of running game contributed to his poor play.

Thanks for playing, BLC...this is some weak sauce when you've been proven completely wrong about the guy.

:ols:

BLC the revisionist!

Let's be clear, no one said JC was a HOF qb. Just a good game manager WHEN the pieces were right around him. With the o-line he suffered with beginning after the 6-2 stretch a couple of years ago, JC looked like a deer in the headlights. Yet, the boyz on their crusade to crucify the guy NEVER acknowledged that the o-line and lack of running game contributed to his poor play.

Thanks for playing, BLC...this is some weak sauce when you've been proven completely wrong about the guy.

2 games of good QBing and i've been "proven completely wrong about the guy"? hes not even listed as the starter still lol.

Yet, the boyz on their crusade to crucify the guy NEVER acknowledged that the o-line and lack of running game contributed to his poor play.

Of course we did, which you know. Some people are able to judge a players' poor performance regardless of circumstances. Like Mike Shanahan, for instance.

2 games of good QBing and i've been "proven completely wrong about the guy"? hes not even listed as the starter still lol.

Okay, big boy, how many games will it take? How about a trip to the playoffs?

He'll be the starter by the end of the season...probably for the playoff game.

Will your weak sauce be as thin then?

BTW, great call on Cutler! LOL!

You really are a great judge of qb talent!

I just assumed Shanny was another agenda boy.

Frankly, after the two seasons of abuse in Zorn's offense, I NEVER thought JC would ever amount to much...and, said so.

Looks like I was wrong...oh, and I'm willing to ADMIT it! :rotflmao:

The boyz never will...they doubled down...

Should JC go on to the playoffs, you can believe me that I'll keep reminding the boyz of how wrong they were...

Okay, big boy, how many games will it take? How about a trip to the playoffs?

He'll be the starter by the end of the season...probably for the playoff game.

Will your weak sauce be as thin then?

BTW, great call on Cutler! LOL!

You really are a great judge of qb talent!

lol at the raiders going to the playoffs. they beat two weak ass teams on a 567 yard rushing performance and all the sudden theyre playoff contenders? theyre the raiders.

and cutler was fine before his concussion and before his oline literally was a bunch of ES members with helmets. you wanna talk about poor oline play, the bears take the cake. cutler is just brett favre without the team around him. hes gonna make risky throws for the rest of his career and hes gonna make huge plays for the rest of his career.

hes going to have value in this league until his arm strength disappears. doesnt look like thats gonna be anytime soon.

Frankly, after the two seasons of abuse in Zorn's offense, I NEVER thought JC would ever amount to much...and, said so.

Looks like I was wrong...oh, and I'm willing to ADMIT it! :rotflmao:

The boyz never will...they doubled down...

Should JC go on to the playoffs, you can believe me that I'll keep reminding the boyz of how wrong they were...

where were any of the anti campbell people wrong? we all said he was a poor QB, he still is. 2 games doesnt change his career, which you seem to have wiped away after 2 games. maybe you dont remember his performance 3 weeks ago where his QB rating for a game was like a 9? lol

we all knew shanny would can his ass, we all knew he'd be benched sooner than later, and we all knew he'd be relegated to backup QB status in this league. he was benched after 6 quarters and hes only still playing because gradkowski isnt healthy. cable wont even name him the starter.

but continue ignoring all that, im sure its much more fun to live in TR1 land and make poor points while posting smileys.

where were any of the anti campbell people wrong? we all said he was a poor QB, he still is. 2 games doesnt change his career, which you seem to have wiped away after 2 games. maybe you dont remember his performance 3 weeks ago where his QB rating for a game was like a 9? lol

we all knew shanny would can his ass, we all knew he'd be benched sooner than later, and we all knew he'd be relegated to backup QB status in this league. he was benched after 6 quarters and hes only still playing because gradkowski isnt healthy. cable wont even name him the starter. but continue ignoring all that, im sure its much more fun to live in TR1 land and make poor points while posting smileys.

This pretty much sums it up.

tr1, you need to just stick to cowboy-bashing and keep your delusional views on Campbell to yourself.

Also, adding rolling smileys at the end of every one of your "points" doesn't add any validity to them, it actually makes your argument look even dumber.

This pretty much sums it up.

tr1, you need to just stick to cowboy-bashing and keep your delusional views on Campbell to yourself.

Also, adding rolling smileys at the end of every one of your "points" doesn't add any validity to them, it actually makes your argument look even dumber.

Completely agree. And the worst part is he thinks the Raiders are a playoff team! lol

we all knew shanny would can his ass, we all knew he'd be benched sooner than later, and we all knew he'd be relegated to backup QB status in this league. he was benched after 6 quarters and hes only still playing because gradkowski isnt healthy. cable wont even name him the starter.

but continue ignoring all that, im sure its much more fun to live in TR1 land and make poor points while posting smileys.

Campbell is not a poor QB, he is not a great QB but he is far from poor.

I do not think that he was a good fit for us and it showed at times (more times than not) but that's all said and done. He is a Raider now and however he became the starter, he orchestrated 92 points (from the QB position) in 2 games with the last being a very stellar performance.

If Gradkowski is given the reigns as the starter when healthy it will not be about what Campbell has not done but more of Cable sticking to " a starter does not lose his position due to injury" rule (or whatever).

With that said, I do think that words can be eaten by people here (including myself) who thought that he could not lead a team to score points. No matter the run production, Campbell did more than his part in helping the Raiders improve in the past few weeks.

Campbell is not a poor QB, he is not a great QB but he is far from poor.

I do not think that he was a good fit for us and it showed at times (more times than not) but that's all said and done. He is a Raider now and however he became the starter, he orchestrated 92 points (from the QB position) in 2 games with the last being a very stellar performance.

If Gradkowski is given the reigns as the starter when healthy it will not be about what Campbell has not done but more of Cable sticking to " a starter does not lose his position due to injury" rule (or whatever).

With that said, I do think that words can be eaten by people here (including myself) who thought that he could not lead a team to score points. No matter the run production, Campbell did more than his part in helping the Raiders improve in the past few weeks.

Trust me, if this had been Gradkowski behind center these last two weeks and had the exact same games that JC did, you would see a bucketload of ES members using the production as proof of how good a QB Gradkowski is and how a "Campbell-led team would never put up 92 points in back-to-back games :ols:" (yes, complete with laughing emoticons lol)...it would be said that the Raiders are a "different team with Grads behind center, everyone can see that!"

If you add to it Gradkowski beating two division rivals in 4 weeks, we'd hear how JC was "2-16 against the Giants, Eagles and Cowboys!" (or whatever his record was lol)...

And if the cherry on top of it all was that in the game that Gradkowski replaced JC, Campbell was 1-7 for 14 yards at the time, the shovels full of dirt would have been flying like crazy lol :ols:...Campbell would be buried.

But switch the names of the QBs, and for the most part all of this no longer matters, no longer "proves" anything, holds no value at all...now it's "just a couple of good games" where Campbell is little more than the beneficiary of a great running game and aggressive defense. Even though Gradkowski has worse stats and numbers for his career across the board than Campbell does, if he had put together the three games out of the last four that JC has done, it would be underscored three times in bright red ink how this shows that Gradkowski should be the starter and how Campbell has never and could never put together games like that...and how having Gradkowski as QB has made the entire TEAM better.

For the record, I think that both QBs are almost interchangeable as far as how much the'll help the Raiders win games this season...that is, unless Gradkowski ups his completion percentage and JC keeps attacking downfield more. But otherwise both QBs bring something to the table that can HELP (yes, help lol) the team win, but neither QB is anywhere consistent enough to be a reliable answer at QB. Bad thing for Grads, though, is that he has a history of injury...guy just can NOT put together an entire season.

If I were Cable I'd tread JC and Gradkowski the way Gibbs treated Doug Williams and Jay Schroeder, and just ride the hot hand for however long it remains hot, then switch to the other QB whenever necessary. Cuz Jason Campbell's gonna have another game where he's overthrowing guys who are open 7 yards downfield and not seeing guys who are open 25 yards downfield, and the Raiders will lose 16-13 because of it...and Gradkowski will have games where he's 3-12 for 19 yards and 2 INTs in the 1st quarter after throwing 3 TDs in the previous game lol...that's just how these guys roll :cool:...

No direct quote.. Not sure what you all are really laughing at, I'm assuming no one even opened the article. Anyway.. say what you want about Campbell he is a classy dude.. If he's upset then there is a reason.. I don't see anything wrong with a player lobbying for more playing time.. Everyone on the team should want to work at and be a starter. If they don't then they have no place in the NFL

Well, regardless of what side of the fence you are on in regards to JC....lover, hater, agenda boy (:ols:), if JC leads the Raiders to a third win in a row, and beats the first place Chiefs, it'll be time to really take him semi-serious and start truly believing he found his comfort zone. And it doesn't matter if he hands the ball off 100% of the time and win on rushing TD's and field goals; the QB is the leader regardless how the offense scores. JC is what he is; average....serviceable...hot and cold.

And BTW, this thread is eerily "cultish" which is divisive in nature and does nothing but regurgitate old arguments.

But at least it's legit, i.e. about a player that was ACTUALLY a REAL Redskin and is actually in the NFL.

Proceed.

.. Anyway.. say what you want about Campbell he is a classy dude..

Except when he's blaming everyone and his dog BAR himself for yet another mediocre performance; or throwing out the race card in defense of his own ineptitude.

This myth about the "classy" Jason Campbell is one of the biggest in modern day football. Dude's a hard worker, no question, who's attitude in that regard can't be questioned. But "classy" .....

Totally impervious to what success or not Captain Checkdown has in Oakland. Just thanking the good Lord above we no longer have to see through his tedium come Sundays.

Hail.

Archived