Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

PFT:: Gradkowski, Campbell conundrum could spark a locker-room rift (MET)

Boss_Hogg

C'mon folks, we all know what's going to happen.

Huge divisional game at home. If Oakland wins they're 5-4 and the Chiefs will be 5-3. Division is wide open . A Raider loss and they're trailing the 6-2 Chiefs by 2.5 games.

What I thought would happen is at some point, is Campbell would sub in for Gradkowski and play well. Then after winning the starting position back Jason would revert back to Candle form. But Gradkowski is still injured and Jason's got the start.

Home game too and its the Raiders first sell out in years. Pressure is on.

I watched the whole game. Campbell struggled really bad early on, and the receivers had some drops, but Campbell had a game tie-ing drive in the final seconds of the 4th quarter and a game winning drive in OT. On both drives he completed long passes down field. The one thing that impressed me about the Raiders, is that, on the game tie-ing drive Campbell completed a long pass that put them in FG range, but the play gets called back on a holding penalty. I expected the Raiders to fold after that, with a 1st and 20, less than a minute left, and that heart breaking penalty, but the next play Campbell went right back down the field and Ford makes a great catch. Campbell got it done when it counted.

the 2 biggest criticisms if jc- lack of deep ball touch, and lack of play when the game is there to be won.

did well on both counts today.

who would have thought we'd be talking about mcnabb and campbell the way we are now a year ago?

dont forget "garbage time stats"

that one irked me to no end.

Yeah that was idiotic. Most of the games JC played for the 'Skins, we were pretty much in it down to the wire because that's how our team is. Therefore, the "garbage time" theoretically didn't exist because we still had a chance to win.

The boyz keep telling me JC sucks, but he keeps winning...and in clutch situations.

Please, where are the boyz? They need to explain this.

Well did you watch the game? He did suck, for 3.5 quarters. In fact, he had like 9 passing yards in the entire first half.

Exactly.

Bizzaro performance today from Campbell. Came through in the clutch.

Do you ever answer a question btw?

Perhaps you're being a bit less than objective in you assessment.

He made two huge throws at the end...one after a penalty.

The guy can manage a game very effectively if he has a supporting cast.

Tell me differently.

Yeah that was idiotic. Most of the games JC played for the 'Skins, we were pretty much in it down to the wire because that's how our team is. Therefore, the "garbage time" theoretically didn't exist because we still had a chance to win.

you are correct, sir.

to my count he had, maybe, 4 TD passes when we were down by more than 1 score late in games last year. funny thing is, his worst quarter was the 4th, stat wise. hard to make a case for garbage time when your numbers are bad in the 4th quarter.....

not saying JC is the second coming, btw, and i never did, but i always thought he wasnt as bad as he was made out to be by many. his lack of deep ball and not coming thru in the clutch- not 'emotional' or particularly mobile, not to mention a lack of pocket presence, were some of my gripes.

but he did well today. glad for him.

Also Rock Cartwright had a key forced fumble to start the 2nd half. Raiders getting the most out of their former Skins.

he has been making key tackles, block kicks and making plays all year with them. I don't understand why we had to let him go. Not only would he be one of our best Special teams players, but he would be a better RB option then Keiland Williams, or Craig Simpson, or what ever other PS players that we call up.

Archived