Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

PFT:: Gradkowski, Campbell conundrum could spark a locker-room rift (MET)

Boss_Hogg

In 2008, Campbell's hot run came to an abrupt end against the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Fast forward two years later, same Campbell, same Steelers, same result.

He is an average QB, a game manager, that's it.

no, hes a QB that only plays well when his run game is a massive threat. in college his RBs were nuts and he reaped all the benefits, here in DC whenever betts and portis were on fire he usually could muster some solid games, and in oakland hes only been effective when mcfadden is doing his barry sanders impression.

without a run game is an utter embarrassment of a QB. if anyone saw todays game he was putrid.

no, hes a QB that only plays well when his run game is a massive threat. in college his RBs were nuts and he reaped all the benefits, here in DC whenever betts and portis were on fire he usually could muster some solid games, and in oakland hes only been effective when mcfadden is doing his barry sanders impression.

without a run game is an utter embarrassment of a QB. if anyone saw todays game he was putrid.

Not supporting Campbell, but not too many QBs look solid against the Steelers...

Not supporting Campbell, but not too many QBs look solid against the Steelers...

plenty of QBs have played well against the steelers this season. brady and brees have lit them up, pennington fared pretty well against them, even colt mccoy wasnt awful against them. palmer put up a ton of yards/points on them, and flacco had a good game against them as well.

campbell just posted the lowest QB rating of the season against them, and pretty easily the worst game started by any QB against the steelers this season. and again, campbell is always the same QB, but when his run game is stalled, hes completely worthless because he cannot do anything on his own. its been that way his whole football career.

plenty of QBs have played well against the steelers this season. brady and brees have lit them up, pennington fared pretty well against them, even colt mccoy wasnt awful against them. palmer put up a ton of yards/points on them, and flacco had a good game against them as well.

campbell just posted the lowest QB rating of the season against them, and pretty easily the worst game started by any QB against the steelers this season. and again, campbell is always the same QB, but when his run game is stalled, hes completely worthless because he cannot do anything on his own. its been that way his whole football career.

Not disagreeing with you on any of the points. Just saying that putting up bad numbers against the Steelers isn't exactly a hit on an individual, it's more par for the course. This season aside, you can almost always count on the Steelers having a good pass defense.

Not disagreeing with you on any of the points. Just saying that putting up bad numbers against the Steelers isn't exactly a hit on an individual, it's more par for the course. This season aside, you can almost always count on the Steelers having a good pass defense.

and again as i already pointed out, the steelers pass D has been pretty bad this season and multiple QBs have had their way with them. theyre ranked 26th in the league, 5 spots in front of our terrible pass D.

their run D has been insane tho, which is why they raped the raiders, because the raiders are worthless without a run game, as everyone saw today.

Well yeah, that's why I said he's average. An utter embarassment of a QB would be that Rusty Smith kid we saw in Tennessee today, who even with an awesome RB was still complete garbage.

Back to Campbell, he will never be the guy you can build a winning franchise around. I think he'll end up making a decent backup though.

and again as i already pointed out, the steelers pass D has been pretty bad this season and multiple QBs have had their way with them. theyre ranked 26th in the league, 5 spots in front of our terrible pass D.

their run D has been insane tho, which is why they raped the raiders, because the raiders are worthless without a run game, as everyone saw today.

I think we're arguing the same side of the coin, BLC.

Campbell has surprised me this year with his performance, but it would be a cold day in hell that I would want him over McNabb, and there's no chance that he would be able to spark a team onto victory the way good quarterbacks can.

Well yeah, that's why I said he's average. An utter embarassment of a QB would be that Rusty Smith kid we saw in Tennessee today, who even with an awesome RB was still complete garbage.

Back to Campbell, he will never be the guy you can build a winning franchise around. I think he'll end up making a decent backup though.

id say a 26 QB rating, under 100 yards, 2 fumbles and an INT is an embarrassment wouldnt you?

I think we're arguing the same side of the coin, BLC.

Campbell has surprised me this year with his performance, but it would be a cold day in hell that I would want him over McNabb, and there's no chance that he would be able to spark a team onto victory the way good quarterbacks can.

agreed, no way id take him over mcnabb. but im not sure why his cute 3 game stretch was surprising, because he looked identical in 08 when portis was on fire. when a RB is on fire, campbell can produce because all the pressure is off of him. when it comes time for campbell to be "the guy", he does what he did today.

Wow! How unexpected!

The agenda boys keep it tight lipped when the kid is helping his team win... and when he thows a stinker and the lights go out... the roaches crawl out from the woodwork to do yet another "see... i told you so". Very pathetic of you guys... really. McCrap has been the sam QB as JC was for this team. In fact, their numbers are nearly identical. The big difference? The skins gave up 2 draft picks and just extended one loser, and the Raiders gave up a draft pick in 2012 for hte other. Who go the better deal? Bot teams have the same record, the QB performance has been eerily similar.

I love some of the responses too. Like about taking the run game away, and the defence and the kid cant get **** done. Newsflash. Same goes for any other QB in this league.

PS.. BLC is very full of fail. Everything you ever thought you knew about the QB position is wrong. IMO, you should just stop posting on the subject entirely.

and there's no chance that he would be able to spark a team onto victory the way good quarterbacks can.
He sparked a team onto victory LAST WEEK! The thing about Campbell is he's borderline. He has been a reason for losses, and he has been a reason for wins. He's worth a 4th round 2012 pick or whatever, and I don't miss him with McNabb on our team.

I love some of the responses too. Like about taking the run game away, and the defence and the kid cant get **** done. Newsflash. Same goes for any other QB in this league.

Peyton Manning doesn't have a run game to speak of, neither does Tom Brady. And if you think that Campbell could do something like Sanchez did yesterday against the Texans, your peyote is strong, my friend.

Campbell's not going to singlehandedly lose games for you, but he going to win far fewer.

He sparked a team onto victory LAST WEEK! The thing about Campbell is he's borderline. He has been a reason for losses, and he has been a reason for wins. He's worth a 4th round 2012 pick or whatever, and I don't miss him with McNabb on our team.

2 weeks ago, but that's just splitting hairs. Campbell made one good throw in overtime. His pass near the end of regulation is intercepted 99 times out of 100, Ford just made an amazing play.

2 weeks ago, but that's just splitting hairs. Campbell made one good throw in overtime. His pass near the end of regulation is intercepted 99 times out of 100, Ford just made an amazing play.

I'd still say that was pure luck. Campbell throws a game-ending interception if it weren't for Jacoby Ford ripping it away from the defender.

Wow! How unexpected!

The agenda boys keep it tight lipped when the kid is helping his team win... and when he thows a stinker and the lights go out... the roaches crawl out from the woodwork to do yet another "see... i told you so". Very pathetic of you guys... really. McCrap has been the sam QB as JC was for this team. In fact, their numbers are nearly identical. The big difference? The skins gave up 2 draft picks and just extended one loser, and the Raiders gave up a draft pick in 2012 for hte other. Who go the better deal? Bot teams have the same record, the QB performance has been eerily similar.

PS.. BLC is very full of fail. Everything you ever thought you knew about the QB position is wrong. IMO, you should just stop posting on the subject entirely.

campbell posted 5 games of 300+ yards in his 4 years playing for the skins. mcnabb has already posted 3 in his 10 games.

and what mcnabb brings in leadership and confidence is about 10000x more important. but keep telling me otherwise.

There is no way to defend Campbell's performance or lack thereof. He's back to being Jason. When all else fails so does Jason. Meaning, he is incapable of putting a team on his back. Think he could do what Fitzpatrick did for the Bills yesterday? Ha! I am so glad he isn't in the B&G anymore. He is depressing.

Wow! How unexpected!

The agenda boys keep it tight lipped when the kid is helping his team win... and when he thows a stinker and the lights go out... the roaches crawl out from the woodwork to do yet another "see... i told you so". Very pathetic of you guys... really.

So basically, when CC has a good game, and the Raiders win, it's perfectly acceptable to bring it up and lord it. But when the reverse happens, it shouldn't be mentioned?

Gotcha' Democracy is dead. Long live the Passizle dictatorship!

Hail.

Wow! How unexpected!

Ha ha. Don't be mad at the "agenda boyz." We're not the one's that showed the suckage at the QB spot. Jason will continue to make his loyalists look like fools.

So basically, when CC has a good game, and the Raiders win, it's perfectly acceptable to bring it up and lord it. But when the reverse happens, it shouldn't be mentioned?

Gotcha' Democracy is dead. Long live the Passizle dictatorship!

Hail.

i love this double standard. its ok when he plays well and we see all the comments about never letting him go and what a mistake we made and how good he actually can be, yet the second he reverts right back to how bad he can be, we're not supposed to bring it up.

classic.

i love this double standard. its ok when he plays well and we see all the comments about never letting him go and what a mistake we made and how good he actually can be, yet the second he reverts right back to how bad he can be, we're not supposed to bring it up.

classic.

I'm beginning to see that ES is full of monkeys.jpg when it comes to certain subjects.

classic.

Course we can. We can also bring up that Gradkowski wasn't any better when he came in. Fact is, the Steelers do what they always do when they get a lead: they tee off on the opposing QB. Given the quesitonable nature of their OL, there wasn't much hope there for their offense, no matter who was in.

BTW, Campbell is starting next week.

Ha ha. Don't be mad at the "agenda boyz." We're not the one's that showed the suckage at the QB spot. Jason will continue to make his loyalists look like fools.

There aren't any 'loyalists.' I believe the complaint was (and still is) that a starting qb for the Skins should be given some respect...something that was absent during his tenure here.

BTW, did anyone really think the Raiders would beat the Steelers and JC would have a great day? I didn't.

He's not a great qb...he's an adequate NFL qb.

There aren't any 'loyalists.' I believe the complaint was (and still is) that a starting qb for the Skins should be given some respect...something that was absent during his tenure here.

So no matter how bad a guys play is; no matter how he continues to bring the same, basic, fundamental flaws to the table in year 5 that he did in year 1; no matter how unproductive an offense is under him; he deserves respect by virtue of being the starting QB?

And all this on a guy who repeatedly showed his team-mates the same respect by continually blaming them to cover his own flaws.

Gotcha'. We need to get ubber homer when it comes to the starting QB, in spite of what most everyone see's with their own eyes. Just because.

Hail.

Course we can. We can also bring up that Gradkowski wasn't any better when he came in. Fact is, the Steelers do what they always do when they get a lead: they tee off on the opposing QB. Given the quesitonable nature of their OL, there wasn't much hope there for their offense, no matter who was in.

BTW, Campbell is starting next week.

campbell is starting because al davis is saying so, and it ends there. he loves the guys arm, just like he loved russels arm, just like he loves anybody that runs a 40 yard dash very fast. al davis only cares about speed and strength, and not a whole lot else.

youll definitely tell me i have no proof and i dont surf enough raiders message boards to know, but at least IMO, gradkowski is cables guy and hes being forced to play campbell from the skeletor on raider mountain.

Archived