Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

PFT:: Gradkowski, Campbell conundrum could spark a locker-room rift (MET)

Boss_Hogg

his argument was about 1st year QBs in a new system. I was trying to point out that several 1st year QBs have made successful transitions into new systems.

The Raiders rank 2nd in rush yards (152.1) per game. History has proven that an awesome run game should improve the passing game; however that does not seam to be the case in Oakland.

http://www.nfl.com/teams/oaklandraiders/profile?team=OAK

Yeah wel... your point is moot. Favre new the system in 2009. It was the main reason he wanted to go there in 2008 as well.

There aren't any 'loyalists.' I believe the complaint was (and still is) that a starting qb for the Skins should be given some respect...something that was absent during his tenure here.

BTW, did anyone really think the Raiders would beat the Steelers and JC would have a great day? I didn't.

He's not a great qb...he's an adequate NFL qb.

Did you give Shuler, Freiz or Tony Banks that kind of respect? QB's in DC have always been under scrutiny. That will never change. Win and everything is good, lose and the pitchforks come out.

Did you give Shuler, Freiz or Tony Banks that kind of respect? QB's in DC have always been under scrutiny. That will never change. Win and everything is good, lose and the pitchforks come out.

I don't think that it was never to this extent ...With the other guys, they moved on and we moved on (with maybe a mention or two) but it seems like with Campbell, people want to keep following every move that he makes for some reason even though it bares nothing to our team, in fact I do not think that they even care.

I think that the people for or against him know that he was not that bad nor that good but since he was the topic of our wins and/or losses for how many years that he was here and the reason for billions of debates, the proponents and the opponents of Campbell still feel the need to prove themselves correct.

I don't think that it was never to this extent ...With the other guys, they moved on and we moved on (with maybe a mention or two) but it seems like with Campbell, people want to keep following every move that he makes for some reason even though it bares nothing to our team, in fact I do not think that they even care.

None of those other guys, not even SHuler, got that much time to start and had other guys come in and play better when they were hurt while the team had stars like Portis, Cooley and Moss (and off linemen like Samuels and Thomas) in their primes wasting away. In fact, much of the Zorn mess was because of Campbell. Simply put, no other QB that's played for the Skins recently has been the source of so much pain, even Brunell recovered for a nice 2005 campaign before getting hurt again.

Also, the internet didn't play the role it does now in creating and perpetuating these schisms and debates.

his argument was about 1st year QBs in a new system. I was trying to point out that several 1st year QBs have made successful transitions into new systems.

The Raiders rank 2nd in rush yards (152.1) per game. History has proven that an awesome run game should improve the passing game; however that does not seam to be the case in Oakland.

http://www.nfl.com/teams/oaklandraiders/profile?team=OAK

and if he had gone to the raiders last year it would have been a a 1st year qb in a fairly new system just like minny

Now Candle's been benched AGAIN. Grabasski is starting for the Raiders against Miami this week. Haha.

Sorry, Candle lovers. The guy's had plenty of chances, but just isn't NFL starter caliber. Too slow on the read and on the release. Way less than "adequate". He'll be lucky to be in the league next year.

Now Candle's been benched AGAIN. Grabasski is starting for the Raiders against Miami this week. Haha.

Sorry, Candle lovers. The guy's had plenty of chances, but just isn't NFL starter caliber. Too slow on the read and on the release. Way less than "adequate". He'll be lucky to be in the league next year.

Look here "agenda" boyz, we Candle lovers retain the right to love Candle till he washes out from the NFL.

and if he had gone to the raiders last year it would have been a a 1st year qb in a fairly new system just like minny

No, it's not just like Minny.

Had Favre went to Oakland, he would've been in a new system. The system wasn't new in Minny.

In fact, Favre made the comment that he could teach everybody on the team the offense cause he knew it as well,if not better than the coaching staff.

With Campbell being benched yet again, I wonder how long it takes him to run to the press and proclaim that Cable and Al have treated him like a piece of toilet tissue?

Never seen a QB that refuses to take on any responsibility for his own play like Campbell does nor goes to the lengths he does to make excuse after excuse for his performance.

The guy belongs in the Arena League. Course,that would mean learning a new system and I don't know if he has enough years left in his career to half ass master a new system.

I thought that was funny too. McNabbs problem is lack of protection and... well... McNabb. I just dont think he is as good as some of you do. He was a product of Rieds system... notice how his play fell at the same rate as his wheels. Hence why Vick is having such a resurgence.And given the results for the Skins thus far, I would much rather have JC back there for just this year, recoup the draft picks we used for DM, and use them on more line help and a young QB this coming offseason. Hopefully, by making DM really tradable with the contract, we can recoup some of those picks anyways.

I agree with you. I would've been down with JC and keeping the picks. Hell I would've been down with keeping JC as a backup instead o what will likely be a worthless fourth rounder. Seems he was a conevenient scapegoat when he was far from the only problem.

And my response when we made the McNabb trade - "screw him, he's an Eagle!". Now he's REALLY our QB so it's all gravy, but I haven't

been too impressed.

Y'all want to tell us again that he's NOT Al Davis' guy, and isn't only in Oakland for the mere fact that ol' fool like's shinny new things with either fast legs or big arms.?

If he is on the sidelines, to be benched, AGAIN, for another joke of a pro QB, Bruce Gradkowski, should tell anyone anything they ever wanted to know about CC.

Hail.

Look here "agenda" boyz, we Candle lovers retain the right to love Candle till he washes out from the NFL.

:rotflmao:

The deep seated hatred for this guy by so many here is a study in psychology.

The phenomenon is disturbing.

campbell benched again? shock!

if anyone thinks theres a single person in this guys corner aside from al davis and his senile pea brain, youre nuts. even cable knows this guy is not doing anything special and is merely riding a huge running game to a bunch of wins. then when the running game goes bye bye, you get his performance in pittsburgh last week.

:rotflmao:

The deep seated hatred for this guy by so many here is a study in psychology.

The phenomenon is disturbing.

Well I wouldn't call it hatred as much as a bit of an obsession,(from both "sides"), Though one could lead to the other I guess. Good to have the talk in the ATNFL forum though. :)

It's like therapy for all the suckiness we had to endure. It does make me feel better knowing that a new batch of fans have to put up with it too.

most of the reason i cant stand campbell is because people are constantly telling me hes actually a ok/good QB. its like im looking at the color blue, and i have a group of people telling me its actually red, and theyre so adamant that its red that it makes me go crazy.

if everyone just agreed he was a poor QB, no one would talk about it anymore. but every week we have people on this board, in the local media, and people calling into radio shows crying about how he got a bum deal, how hes better than we all thought, how hes going to shine in oakland, and how classy he is, it just makes me go insane lol.

campbell benched again? shock!

if anyone thinks theres a single person in this guys corner aside from al davis and his senile pea brain, youre nuts. even cable knows this guy is not doing anything special and is merely riding a huge running game to a bunch of wins. then when the running game goes bye bye, you get his performance in pittsburgh last week.

I think it is more because Cable knows Gradkowski better than Campbell more than anything.

Course, Gradkowski laid another egg yesterday and it sounds like he's hurt yet again.

Archived