Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

PFT:: Gradkowski, Campbell conundrum could spark a locker-room rift (MET)

Boss_Hogg

Tr1 throwing out QB rating again like it really matters. donovons QB rating is like 70 something and there isnt a coach in the league that would take campbell over mcnabb.

oh well. dumb will continue to be dumb.

And, the boyz will be boyz...:rotflmao:

So much hate for a guy who took a pounding in a dreadful system with a pathetic o-line.

Just the facts.

HTTR!

And, the boyz will be boyz...:rotflmao:

So much hate for a guy who took a pounding in a dreadful system with a pathetic o-line.

Just the facts.

HTTR!

In case you don't remember - even when he had total protection he still sucked!!! Here is another reminder for you: Half of the Browns defense players were out hurt and we still lost to them. :doh:

Just as much Gradkowski's fault. Raider's had the ball 1st and goal on the 1 yard line in the 4th quarter. Gradkowski caused a delay of game and then threw 2 incomplete passes. A touchdown there would have won the game.

So now we're bringing in team stats like win/loss record to defend Campbell. At least I stayed consistent when I defended Campbell. It was always how his mechanics, "intangibles", etc weren't that bad, aka "his technical aspects weren't bad". I've kept that line of argument even as a "traitor".

Also, having a kicker miss a near extra point is under 10%. Gradkowski at least put them in a position to win with his skills. Campbell never has consistently done that. Gradkowski has.

JC is still the backup QB.

Cable said yesterday that if Gradkowski is healthy, he's the starter. I wouldn't bank on him being ready, though. Campbell showed what he's capable of against Denver....

He showed a lot of confidence Sunday. Amazing what time behind the line and some killer play-calling can do for confidence. He "cut it loose" a few times, and held on to the ball too long a few others...

Jason's showing gives the Raiders that luxury to let Bruce heal...as far as Chaz, I'm thinking after the bye. He only started stepping on the field last week and has not really run yet.

csncalifornia

yet doc b is going to get the start. weird!

Not really. I didn't expect a permanent QB change simply because the other guy got hurt. That isn't the way things should work for any well run team. Course, with the Raiders, you never know...

But, as I said before, I thought it was laughable before when people said Campbell was done simply because he was replaced as a starter. Since he's come back, he's had a couple of very good games and one uncharacteristically awful game, which has lead to two wins and a loss.

Also, having a kicker miss a near extra point is under 10%. Gradkowski at least put them in a position to win with his skills. Campbell never has consistently done that. Gradkowski has.

It wasn't Gradkowski's skills that put them on the 1 yard line with a chance for a TD that would have won the game which he completely whiffed. It was the defense giving the offense the ball at the 16 yard line and a pass interference call in the endzone.

The only win Gradkowski has in Oakland this year is the Rams game when he came in at the half. He is 0-2 as starter. I know he impressed everyone at the end of last year but since then he has had two knee surgeries, pectoral surgery and now a separated shoulder. The guy can't stay healthy enough to stay on the field.

Actually, you got it wrong. It was NICK MILLER; their young WR from Utah State, dude, Geez.

Whatever. I admit I don't watch many Raider games. One of the few quality players they have is their TE, Zach Miller. Figured that's who he was talking about. No biggie. This Nick Miller kid must not be any good, though. Never heard of 'em.

Wow there are right now 12 pages of comments on this topic. Campbell did not get the job done while in DC. I thought maybe a fresh start would resurrect his career. Maybe his agent should have sent him to the 49ers who don't have a quarterback. Glad we have McNabb. I think he needs to take more personal responsibility for his on the field performance- when he does well he should say so and when he does poorly admit it.

I've generally avoided JC discussions since he got traded to Oakland and I've been making a point of following Oakland storylines as little as possible, but when they cut to the end of their SD win, my curiousity got the better of me, and I took a peek at the game logs and highlight videos, along with NFL Replay's showing of the SD game. I'll throw in my 2 cents.......

1) He seems to be looking downfield more often. Both in the preseason & regular season, there seem to be more downfield pass attempts from him, including on 3rd & longs. In the SD game they were in a 3rd & 10+, and JC threw to Miller, who made the catch right at the marker. They proceeded to score the go-ahead TD not long later. There have also been 2 times where long passes of his have resulted in 30+ yards in defensive PI penalty yardage.

2) He seems to be putting more touch on his deep balls. There was one in the preseason (around 25 yards thru the air) which got completed, and it had plenty of loft on it, rather than the flat long balls he tended to throw here. Same with the 30+yarder to Nick Miller last week. The TD to Zach Miller, while not really a deep ball, had good touch and was easily catchable, rather than a bullet which JC tried to be perfect on, which often led to overthrows while here. There was also a well-thrown, well-lofted deep ball in the SD game where the receiver failed to drag his second foot down in bounds despite ample opportunity to do so.

Unfortunetely for him it might be too little, too late at this stage in his career.

JC has put together another solid game so far...

15/27

310 yards

2 TDs

0 INTs

120.9 QB rating

Raiders up 26-3 in the 4th...

That's more than solid. That's a fantastic game and it looks like that hilarious joke of Oakland is going to have the same record as we do...

Archived