Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Media Says Dallas Gave us the Game...BS

HSW

We should have won that game by 10 points. The final play was not a "mistake" by Dallas.

Orakpo beat his man and was going to knock Romo sits to pee on his ass. I have not heard

one media account accurately refect this. Chris Collinsworth (idiot) actually

said that Romo sits to pee already had him beat and that the hold was not necessary????

What game was he watching? Orkapo was going to pile drive Romo sits to pee on that play.

This is what bugs me. All they want to bring up is Dallas's miscues. The Redskins were poised to go up 17-0, but had two "miscues" in a row when Anthony Armstrong couldn't come down with the ball for a TD catch.

Also, on the final play of the game, what everyone is failing to report, is not only did Orakpo have Barren beat, but Andre Carter was collapsing the pocket from the other side, which would have flushed Romo sits to pee right into Rak...for the sack.

The 3-4 second hold on Orakpo is exactly what bought Romo sits to pee the extra time to stumble out of the pocket and make the nullified play.

Posted this in another thread:

Yeah, they sure gift wrapped it for us. It's not like we had no penalties (including an awful penalty against Fletcher for hitting Dez Bryant late, even though Bryant was still fighting), didn't miss a chip shot FG because of the holder muffing the snap, didn't give them awesome field position leading to their only TD because of a botched punt, didn't drop two of the easiest INTs right in a row to seal the deal (Rogers and then Landry) and didn't blow coverage at the worse possible time and let Austin put them in scoring range at the end even though we had been playing awesome in the secondary throughout.

Yeah, thank you Cowboys for gift-wrapping this game for us. :rolleyes:

So sick of the negativity. The honest truth was this game was a pillow fight. Both teams made a bunch of mistakes and looked bad, especially on offense. If the Cowboys had won you could just as easily say we gift-wrapped it for them with all those undeniable points I just made up there. Both Defenses played hard and made plays, we just made one more that cost them bad. That's it. Let's not ignore all the things we missed on that would've sealed the deal at the end there because we're dying to complain. We won an NFC East dogfight... that's a good thing.

*Edit* I forgot another one that was arguably the worst call of the day: On a big run by Larry Johnson that would've gave us a 3rd and Short to give us a chance to milk the clock even more at the end of the game, the refs decided the Cowboys should have a chance to win it and flagged Cooley on one of the most blatantly false "illegal formation: player was moving forward before the snap" calls I've ever seen. On the replay, after it was super clear that Cooley hadn't moved an inch forward before the snap, Chris Collinsworth was so desperately willing the Cowboys to win that all he could muster was a "it's hard to tell looking at it". Yeah, right, Chris... it was hard to tell. :ols:

Let the idiots think what they want.

All that matters is what the scoreboard says, both teams had plenty of errors, If Orakpo wasn't held, Romo sits to pee would never of gotten the pass off, Roy Williams was open.

Our defense beat up on Dallas, but our offense has got to get going, the Texans put up 34 on Peyton's Colts. they will have to score more then two FG's

Forget the media and anyone else out there that still thinks the dallas cryboys are the team to beat. The Redskins beat them and that is all us fans need to worry about. The defense was awesome, the offense needs a little work, and the skins are 1-0 for the first time since 2006. The Cryboys suck. HTTR

:logo:

Honestly, did you expect anything less. They all picked the Cowboys to kick our ass, and not only did the ass kicking they predicted not happen. Overall, it was a pretty evenly matched contest, that we managed to win, and if a couple of "miscues" WE made had gone our way. WE would have won the game handily, not them. Expect a bunch of hate this week. They have to cover their asses now so they don't look like fools.

It's just the media rationalizing their own stupidity. Haven't they anointed the cryboys super bowl champs?? Well they need to collectively blame the loss on the cowboys "mistakes" as opposed to the reasonable interpretation that they just aren't very good. To admit that they aren't very good is ti admit that they ( the collective media) just doesn't know ^*#@ about football. How many mediots pick the cryboys to win?? 99-1??

Case closed.

In a way, i thought Cowboy mistakes did gift-wrap the win. I don't want to take anything away from the Skins defense -- they played their hearts out. Holding Dallas to 7 points is a real accomplishment.

But what Dallas tried in the last few seconds of the first half gave the Skins a golden opportunity -- one that Hall pounced on! That was huge.

Had Dallas played it 'smart' on the last play of the first half, the final score could have been Dallas 7, Washington 6.

I don't care about the media, I'm just glad we won this very hard-fought game.

The sports media loves to kiss Dallas' butt, who cares, we're used to it. They are "America's Team" and now they are supposedly the most popular team in the country (media, merchandising etc combined), so let the media crown their 2011 Super Bowl champs. All I gotta say is "That's why they play the games!!!" Choke on it Dallas, and Dallas loving media!

Honestly, did you expect anything less. They all picked the Cowboys to kick our ass, and not only did the ass kicking they predicted not happen. Overall, it was a pretty evenly matched contest, that we managed to win, and if a couple of "miscues" WE made had gone our way. WE would have won the game handily, not them. Expect a bunch of hate this week. They have to cover their asses now so they don't look like fools.

Exactly! Well said.

Man, it feels great to start off by beating the cowthugs. The whining is music to my ears. W is a W is a W.

HTTR!

Two ways to look at it. The Cowboys' mistakes killed them. They were flagged by a bunch of penalties. The Redskins' mistakes kept Dallas in the game. Redskins made a few less mistakes and won.

Or

Washington's play caused Dallas to make mistakes. There's a reason those holds were called. Those weren't minor holds. They were the kinds of plays that are just hard to overlook and almost impossible not to call. When the flag was thrown the Cowboy player always knew it was on them and it was a blatant offense. We still got phantom calls against us (Cooley was moving forward?) or BS calls (Fletcher was called for a late hit before the guy's knee was down and as both players were still fighting?)

We overcame our worst mistakes. Bobbling a snap and a 29 yard punt from our endzone to gift wrap points for the Cowboys. They could n't. We were the better team though I'd argue that esp. in the first half that Dallas looked like a stronger team. Still, considering this was our first game with a new offense, new defefense, rookie left tackle, new qb and so many others who'd never played together... surviving and winning this game is quite an accomplishment.

LeBron James is the reason Dallas lost. Dallas' mistakes lost the game. Their faith in a player that notoriously gets flags thrown on him and the stupid swing/shovel pass at the end of the half, were key factors in their loss. Seriously, did you all expect them to say anything else? Remember Dallas is going to the Super Bowl this year in their eyes lol

Two ways to look at it. The Cowboys' mistakes killed them. They were flagged by a bunch of penalties. The Redskins' mistakes kept Dallas in the game. Redskins made a few less mistakes and won.

Or

Washington's play caused Dallas to make mistakes. There's a reason those holds were called. Those weren't minor holds. They were the kinds of plays that are just hard to overlook and almost impossible not to call. When the flag was thrown the Cowboy player always knew it was on them and it was a blatant offense. We still got phantom calls against us (Cooley was moving forward?) or BS calls (Fletcher was called for a late hit before the guy's knee was down and as both players were still fighting?)

We overcame our worst mistakes. Bobbling a snap and a 29 yard punt from our endzone to gift wrap points for the Cowboys. They could n't. We were the better team though I'd argue that esp. in the first half that Dallas looked like a stronger team. Still, considering this was our first game with a new offense, new defefense, rookie left tackle, new qb and so many others who'd never played together... surviving and winning this game is quite an accomplishment.

I agree. And, isn't part of the game of football capitalizing on your opponents mistakes? We did. That's what good teams do. So, I don't understand people whining about it.

I just wonder if Alex Barron will still be on the team by the end of this week.

By the way the Offense should do better against the Texans. Their D is not nearly as good as the Cowboys D. Mario Williams is good, but he is not DeMarcus Ware, their linebackers are just ok, and Peyton showed their secondary is suspect (but that could just be Peyton being Peyton). The main issue is Andre Johnson. If we can keep him on an island with Hall (lets call it Hall Island, LOL), then our front 7 can focus on stopping the run. And lets face it our front 7, with or without Fat Albert, is much better than Indy's.

Archived