Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Media Says Dallas Gave us the Game...BS

HSW

Jerry Jones pays a truck load of money to keep his self proclaimed Dallas Cowboys' date=' "Americas Team" - in the media. We, don't buy the title they gave to themselves........... or was it Chris Collingsworth, Troy Aikman and Joe Buck that gave them that title:evilg:.

[/quote']

Fast fact.. NFL Films gave it to them. That was the title of the Cowboys 1978 highlight reel, and Tex Schramm was smart enough to jump on it.

**** them anyway.

~Bang

Fast fact.. NFL Films gave it to them. That was the title of the Cowboys 1978 highlight reel, and Tex Schramm was smart enough to jump on it.

**** them anyway.

~Bang

Agreed Bang, agreed. :) I was being a smart arse about Collingsworth, Aikman and Buck - because as one poster stated: "They need to be surgically removed from their crotches" with their one sided announcing of the Nationally announced games.

I did know that the NFL gave them the title; but that WAS a long time ago :).......... I hated them THEN and I hate them now. HTTR!

uh news flash. They did give us this game.. Our Defense played well. Our offense didn't want to win.. We're old and we have nothing to show for the age in our team. 1 playoff victory in the last ten years.. I've wanted to blow up this team and start from scratch for 3 years now. We arent any different in the time span..We should have won this game 20-14 but whatever.. Bring on the texans.

Alex Barron and the cowboys play calling loss the game for them...we couldn't stop the run to save our lives and then in the second half they got all pass happy throwing screens and slants. If I was a cowboy fan I would be calling for Garretts head right now.

uh news flash. They did give us this game.. Our Defense played well. Our offense didn't want to win.. We're old and we have nothing to show for the age in our team. 1 playoff victory in the last ten years.. I've wanted to blow up this team and start from scratch for 3 years now. We arent any different in the time span..We should have won this game 20-14 but whatever.. Bring on the texans.

Dallas has the same number of playoff victories as we do in that time span, but theirs didn't come until last year.

Did you ever think that maybe the reason they made those mistakes was because we forced them... ?

Also, none of the sports media cried a river for the Redskins when 3 of our starters on the O-line went down in 2008. It was just "part of the game" yet because it is the Cowboys, there has to be constant excuses for them losing games that the media picked them to win.

Exactly, if we couldnt cry about missing starters on the offensive line, they cant either. The hold definitely prevented orakpo from getting to Romo sits to pee. Perhaps Romo sits to pee may have been able to avoid him (last year orakpo missed a sack near the end of the game when we lost as well) but you can't say the penalty didnt affect the score. It's not like it was one of those penalties far away from the play and completely inconsequential.

But let's face it, Hall's TD (the only TD the Skins scored) happened because Romo sits to pee tried a completely stupid "improvisation". That was a "What Were You Thinking?" moment, right there.

There were three mistakes by Dallas on that play.

1. Deciding to take a chance from a position where they had almost zero chance to score. Romo sits to pee couldn't have thrown the ball into the endzone if he tried. The chance of something bad happening far outweighed the chance of them scoring.

2. Romo sits to pee's ill advised flip to Tashard Choice. So many things could have gone wrong here, again with almost no real benefit.

3. Choice not holding on to the ball.

The play by Romo sits to pee wasn't smart but it sure didn't cause that turnover. Choice had ample time to secure the ball, which he did. The mistake was half on Choice and half on Hall. Hall made a play. We saw this all preseason (not just with Hall). Guys are going for the ball when they tackle and the turnover worm is starting to turn in our favor.

I was just watching Sports Center on ESPN and I have to admit they did give the Skins some due credit for the win. They said they played solid defense all night and that Orakpo WOULD have sacked Romo sits to pee had he not been held...and folks that was some blatant holding.

We gave the Choirboys ample opportunities to win with our miscues all night. Dropped passes, dropped interceptions which would have sealed the game, bobbled snap on an easy field goal, blown coverage which gave them 30+ yards with seconds left and they still couldn't pull it out.

But of course they gave us the win...

A WELL deserved win for us

In a way, i thought Cowboy mistakes did gift-wrap the win. I don't want to take anything away from the Skins defense -- they played their hearts out. Holding Dallas to 7 points is a real accomplishment.

But what Dallas tried in the last few seconds of the first half gave the Skins a golden opportunity -- one that Hall pounced on! That was huge.

Had Dallas played it 'smart' on the last play of the first half, the final score could have been Dallas 7, Washington 6.

I don't care about the media, I'm just glad we won this very hard-fought game.

Yes, but if you take that into account you have to figure that we'd have had more hustle on our last drive, instead of running clock, we'd be pushing the ball up the field more. Maybe get a field goal.

Fact is Dallas was lucky to be in the game.

-The two calls that folks have mentioned (Cooley and Fletcher) aided Dallas and were complete BS.

-We took points off the board and then had a muffed snap and hold. That was mistakes on our part. Contrast that to the Choice fumble. That was just a great individual play by Hall. FORCING the fumble and then returning it. He was responsible for the play, no gift from Dallas as opposed to our bad snap that cost us a FG, that was all on us. Dallas didn't force it.

-Carlos Rogers dropping an easy interception that would have ended the game

Bottom line, the Redskins looked every bit Dallas' equal yesterday. Dallas didn't hand them anything. The Redskins took it.

By the way the Offense should do better against the Texans. Their D is not nearly as good as the Cowboys D. Mario Williams is good, but he is not DeMarcus Ware, their linebackers are just ok, and Peyton showed their secondary is suspect (but that could just be Peyton being Peyton). The main issue is Andre Johnson. If we can keep him on an island with Hall (lets call it Hall Island, LOL), then our front 7 can focus on stopping the run. And lets face it our front 7, with or without Fat Albert, is much better than Indy's.

I'm not super scared of their Defense but I am pretty scared about their Run game. I mean all through pre-season and now through this first game, we were letting teams cut us up with their rushing attack. Next week we face this Arian Foster guy who I've never heard of but 200+ yards and 3 TDs is pretty serious.

Archived