Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Media Says Dallas Gave us the Game...BS

HSW

Two ways to look at it. The Cowboys' mistakes killed them. They were flagged by a bunch of penalties. The Redskins' mistakes kept Dallas in the game. Redskins made a few less mistakes and won.

Or

Washington's play caused Dallas to make mistakes. There's a reason those holds were called. Those weren't minor holds. They were the kinds of plays that are just hard to overlook and almost impossible not to call. When the flag was thrown the Cowboy player always knew it was on them and it was a blatant offense. We still got phantom calls against us (Cooley was moving forward?) or BS calls (Fletcher was called for a late hit before the guy's knee was down and as both players were still fighting?)

We overcame our worst mistakes. Bobbling a snap and a 29 yard punt from our endzone to gift wrap points for the Cowboys. They could n't. We were the better team though I'd argue that esp. in the first half that Dallas looked like a stronger team. Still, considering this was our first game with a new offense, new defefense, rookie left tackle, new qb and so many others who'd never played together... surviving and winning this game is quite an accomplishment.

Well done, Burgold. The second viewpoint is exactly how I feel about it. I'm shocked at how many are choosing to look at it negatively instead. Oh well, all I know is I'm not going to get overly worried at this point about our offense. I don't doubt that the Shanahan's will improve this offense over time. It's just what they do.

I am worried about our run D and Haynesworth still being such an idiot. Everytime he takes a frigging step forward he takes two steps back. Why can't he just put his damn ego aside for longer than 10 days, practice hard and play hard no matter when/what position/how long he's in the game? It's so frustrating to know that we can have a dominant Dline but this big baby is ruining it!

They also calle 2 bogus calls on the Skins also. London Fletcher's his in the 1st half wasn't a late hit. They called Cooley for illegal motion. That was a B.S. call also. I also saw at least 4 other times that the Cowbums were holding and there were no calls.

Chris Collingsworth is a Cowbum lover. Bum

Dallas' "mistakes" kept Tony Romo sits to pee alive.

Dallas "miscues" were committed because their OL was beaten like a drum off the ball, and holding was all they could do to prevent Romo sits to pee from being nailed.

The Cowboys handed us the game instead of their quarterback's head.

It's all about perspective. People who say things like "Well, they just handed them the game" don't understand what they are watching.

Those penalties were often the panic stricken, holy-****-they're-going-to-jailbreak-into-the-backfield-again variety and is what happens when 3 of your 5 starting OL doesn't play against a defense that is swarming the line of scrimmage.

To believe otherwise is a clear indicator that a person hasn't got a clue what he's talking about.

~Bang

In a way, i thought Cowboy mistakes did gift-wrap the win. I don't want to take anything away from the Skins defense -- they played their hearts out. Holding Dallas to 7 points is a real accomplishment.

But what Dallas tried in the last few seconds of the first half gave the Skins a golden opportunity -- one that Hall pounced on! That was huge.

Had Dallas played it 'smart' on the last play of the first half, the final score could have been Dallas 7, Washington 6.

I don't care about the media, I'm just glad we won this very hard-fought game.

You have no way of knowing if it would have been 7-6 as the final score had Dallas played it smarter though, an entire half of football had yet to be played. If a team is down they may call different plays and do different things to try and score, instead of chew up the clock and grind out a win. Who knows what the score would have been or what we would have done different had we been trailing at the end of the game. Like you said I too am glad we won a very hard fought game.

Of course the media is saying the 'Skins were given the game. Half of them picked Dallas to walk through everyone and can't understand why we didn't just roll over and die last night.

This game was one we would have lost last year or in '08. That's reason enough to see something has changed in Ashburn.

In a way, i thought Cowboy mistakes did gift-wrap the win. I don't want to take anything away from the Skins defense -- they played their hearts out. Holding Dallas to 7 points is a real accomplishment.

But what Dallas tried in the last few seconds of the first half gave the Skins a golden opportunity -- one that Hall pounced on! That was huge.

Had Dallas played it 'smart' on the last play of the first half, the final score could have been Dallas 7, Washington 6.

I don't care about the media, I'm just glad we won this very hard-fought game.

Agreed.

I expected the media to pull the "they were robbed by a penalty" excuse. (despite the fact that the video clearly shows that the holding was blatant.)

But let's face it, Hall's TD (the only TD the Skins scored) happened because Romo sits to pee tried a completely stupid "improvisation". That was a "What Were You Thinking?" moment, right there.

Not to take any credit away from Hall. Everybody on this board knows that often, when the Skins have an opportunity to capitalize on The Other Guy's brain fart, we don't. ("Often" as in "every single time for the last several years".)

But yeah, there were some gifts. (For both sides. Loose ball on the "almost an extra point" FG, anyone?)

Every where you look the writers and announcers keep saying that Dallas had the game winning TD called back because of the hold. Sounds crappy for them right? Truth is a TD is only worth 6 points, and the score was 13-7. To win they still needed an XP from the kicker who missed a 35 yard FG earlier in the game badly and who's never had to hit a game winning kick ever. In other words in my opinion that's not a gimmie kick for them and even if RW catches the ball it's not a "game winning" TD. Semantics or a sign of a greater problem?

I see it as just another sign of a greater problem with news reporting these days. Who in the media cares about stating accurate facts these days? I look around and I want to see them but I don't. The truth is bent in so many ways. It sounds so much better for them to say "game winning TD called back" then to say "game tying TD called back". Sensationalism sells papers and gets web clicks. Don't believe what they ever say,

But anyway truth is Dallas made more mistakes then we did and that was the outcome. The top three keys to the game were:

1. The 2nd Quarter Dallas missed FG

2. The idiotic play they ran to end the half which Hall ran in for our only TD

3. The choke hold during the last play of the game

Dallas makes that 2nd Quarter FG and they kick for a tie at the end of the game. If Dallas doesn't do one of the stupidest plays to end the half then we don't score a TD during the game and would have lost it 7-6 just like last years score. And if that choke hold doesn't happen who knows what does? Orakpo gets to Romo sits to pee who is one of the most ellusive QB's playing today, maybe or maybe not. But even if they did score that TD they have only tied the game as time expires and still needed the XP to seal the win and that after the way the kicker player is not a guarantee. Glad it didn't come to that

I'm more surprised they don't talk about Shnahan taking the FG off and getting 0 pts.If that had been Zorn it would've been front page news

I was yelling at my wife about the same, she was like "well maybe they thought they would catch them off guard running the same play again". I said HONEY, this is not college and that was a rookie against a good corner, dumb to call that corner end zone play twice IMO. Cooley or Davis at the line gets a TD for you there.

Lets not forget the offsides penalty on the FG that ended up giving us first and goal. Two fades to Anthony Armstrong, the second of which, IMO, should have been a pass interference call. The phantom "illegal formation" penalty on Chris Cooley that would've been a first down and take us to the 2-minute warning. You can't add the Crygirls missed FG without giving us the botched snap (fair's fair, right) - that means they still a TD to score at the end of the game. How about half of DM5s incompletions and 2 surefire interceptions that would have ended the game being dropped? We almost gift-wrapped the win for the girls. Both teams made a ton of mistakes. The only difference was their biggest mistake resulted in a defensive TD, the Redskins mistakes just gave the cowgirls more chances.

We should have won that game by 10 points. The final play was not a "mistake" by Dallas.

Orakpo beat his man and was going to knock Romo sits to pee on his ass. I have not heard

one media account accurately refect this. Chris Collinsworth (idiot) actually

said that Romo sits to pee already had him beat and that the hold was not necessary????

What game was he watching? Orkapo was going to pile drive Romo sits to pee on that play.

Damn right! Rak would have finished the game with a huge sack. Screw the media. They would make excuses for the Cowboys even if they went 0-16 for the season.

Dalls really sucked... no matter how you look at it. The last play of the first half was the dumbest thing I think I have ever seen...

The skins played well defensively tackeled well, covered well.. Th O-line is much improved, but I agree with the media this time Dallas really sucked in that game

They also calle 2 bogus calls on the Skins also. London Fletcher's his in the 1st half wasn't a late hit. They called Cooley for illegal motion. That was a B.S. call also. I also saw at least 4 other times that the Cowbums were holding and there were no calls.

Chris Collingsworth is a Cowbum lover. Bum

CC must be on JJ's payroll. I just hate CC he's just so yuk!!! The fletcher hit & the Cooley call were of course bogus but I expect that quality of officiating from the NFL. It's been that way for over 40 years and probably longer & I cannot see it getting any better unfortunately.

Shoot, if anybody was trying to give the game away it was the Skins. We did our best to keep them in the game, but the Cowboys couldn't capitalize because they are stupid. We never were behind in the game. We could have started putting the game out of reach in the second half, but we shot ourselves in the foot and gave the Cowboys a huge momentum boost. If we wouldn't have fumbled that snap and scored, or managed to score a TD to go up 17-0, we probably could have seen a Redskins blow out at the end.

I can see the argument about "Dallas giving us the game" five years ago in Dallas with the two Brunell to Moss bombs for the win. The Cowboys completely dominated that game for 56 min. We were down 13-0 and didn't do jack. We just exploded in the final minutes and took a win. This game, we were in the lead the entire game.

The media doesn't want to give the Washington Redskins credit for any positives; however, they jump on the Drama Queen band wagon every time a player has an issue. However, let us NOT forget, The local and some national media were very instrumental in gaining ground with the firing of VC and the fans outrage on management in the fall/winter of 2009 - again, another "drama" situation.:mad:

Jerry Jones pays a truck load of money to keep his self proclaimed Dallas Cowboys, "Americas Team" - in the media. We, don't buy the title they gave to themselves........... or was it Chris Collingsworth, Troy Aikman and Joe Buck that gave them that title:evilg:.

Other teams HATE the cowpukes as bad as we do.

The "other teams" don't buy the title "America's Team", anymore then we do. HOWEVER, the cowpukes have a national media ex player announcing games and Jerry Jones keeps himself in the spotlight with his money. So, why wouldn't the national media rant and rave about the cowpukes - Jones pays highly for their "man love" of his players and team. Money does run out.

With all this in mind, the fact of the Pappa Johns commerical where Snyder opens up the cheap side of Jerry Jones. We also have a Coach the media has mega respect for, as far as his coaching style. They will, however, play up his SON working with him. Okay, I can take that.

UNTIL our players and administration of the Redskins CHANGE the opinion of our "drama queen" image............................... our players need to stay focused and professional............have a "get it done" attitude................ then, the media will lose their high opinion of the cowpukes...........or Jones may go broke buying their "man love";)........................................ doesn't make me any difference, they will shift their opinion IF our Coaching staff and Players gain their respect and attention.

My $.02 worth;)

Also, on the final play of the game, what everyone is failing to report, is not only did Orakpo have Barren beat, but Andre Carter was collapsing the pocket from the other side, which would have flushed Romo sits to pee right into Rak...for the sack.

The 3-4 second hold on Orakpo is exactly what bought Romo sits to pee the extra time to stumble out of the pocket and make the nullified play.

Yeah even Roy Williams said he saw the flag get thrown in the back field before Slomo threw the pass. Thats why he didn't bother celebrating.

I just wish Rogers would have caught that INT to end the game a little earlier, instead of it coming down to final 3 seconds.

Great rationalization.

So if the Cowboys gave the game to the Redskins, then that means all those games Washington had Dallas and Philly beat the past 2-3 years but lost on Campbell sack/fumbles or interceptions in the end zone should be re-classified as Redskins moral victories? :)

Archived