Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Media Says Dallas Gave us the Game...BS

HSW

don't forget that a lot of national media talking heads are Cowboys apologists. They simply love this team (not because they are from Texas or even know who exactly is on the roster) and like the NY Yankees just love waving the towel and predicting great things for them.

remember the year under Parcells they were supposed to go to the Super Bowl and ended up 9-7? :)

I recall ESPN sportscenter guys crying their eyes out over 'all that talent' that won't be in the postseason :laugh:

Dallas lost the game, we did not "win" it. How many flags were thrown on them at inopportune times ? How LUCKY we got that first half fumble/TD else we'd be crying in our milk. We were p a t h e t i c on offense.

How many of those flags were bad calls? Contrast that to the Cooley call that cost us a chance to run out the clock and seal the win.

The first half ending fumble td was not LUCK. DeAngelo "formerly known as the Deion Wannabee" :D Hall made that play happen. He made his own "luck". Contrast that to how LUCKY Dallas got that we took points off the board and then proceeded to blow the chip shot FG due to a bad snap.

Perhaps the Skins did not "win" this game, but Dallas was never in a position to "lose" it either. Both teams made mistakes and had things go against them, the Skins overcame them and Dallas didn't. Football 101.

I keep hearing on NFL network that Dallas lost the game on a holding call. I may be splitting hairs here, but they didn't loose the game on the call, they lost the game on the act of holding. And that act was commited because Barron was beaten by Orakpo. Clearly it was Orakpo's actions that were the catalyst to the play, not Barron. Barron didn't set out to hold, he was forced to.

Our defense beat up on Dallas, but our offense has got to get going, the Texans put up 34 on Peyton's Colts. they will have to score more then two FG's

Next week's game will be similar to this one. The Texans are going to know what we do on offense, we'll know what they do on offense. Luckily for us, Shanahan said himself that the offense has trouble against a 3-4, and the Texans run a 4-3 and will be missing Cushing. If we can do to them what we did to Dallas (stifle the run, to an extent anyway, shut down all the receivers but one, and run the ball on them) we should be able to gut out another win. I'm thinking 21-17 tops.

I don't understand why some are willing to acknowledge the Choirboys mistakes and miscues but not the Skins mistakes and miscues.

I say it all evened out in the end and we went toe to toe with them all night.

WE clearly won this game on defense and just because our offense couldn't get it done some say we don't deserve the win. BS. That's football.

They Do need to address the running game on offense no one is denying that

I feel very good of the win and proud of our team for putting up a helluva fight against the so-called Super Bowl bound prime time Phallus Choirboys on national tv.

That's BS to say the Cowboys beat themselves and we got lucky. How about the fact that the Redskins were the better team last night

1. Zero points until the end of the 3rd quarter is NOT luck...especially with the Cowboys talented receivers

2. The strip by Deangelo Hall was nothing more than good football play. It's not like it's common for teams to always take a knee before the half

Now let me tell you what IS lucky ::

1. Two dropped passes in the endzone by Armstrong...THAT is Lucky

2. The spoiled field goal by the holder that would have made the game a two possession game...THAT is Lucky

3. Two dropped interceptions in the 4th quarter..especially the one by Carlos Rogers...THAT IS LUCKY

4. 9 or 10 dropped passes by the Redskins receivers/backs...THAT IS LUCKY

5. McNabb needing more time and reps with his receivers...THAT IS LUCKY

6. Orakpo NOT smashing Romo sits to pee because of the hold...THAT IS LUCKY

Show some damn respect....the Cowboys were lucky it wasn't a blowout last night. Period

the fact remains the Redskins outplayed Dallas last year in that 9-7 debacle in Texas for 3 and a half quarters and yet NOBODY at ESPN or the networks did anything after the game other than criticize the Redskins for making mistakes at the crucial time (ie penalties and missed field goals).

so, this year the Redskins took advantage of two Dallas miscues, fumbling a ball 4 second before halftime and committing an obvious penalty on the final play, in 2010 to win THIS game.

In the end, a win is a win.

Just like the one last year for Dallas.

Go back and look at the Saints record last year. Think these guys dominated all their games? :)

LUCK and the bounce of the ball counts a lot in today's NFL.

With parity, if you don't turn the ball over you have a much better chance of winning.

THAT is the big difference between McNabb and Campbell.

Campbell threw interceptions in the fourth quarter at inopportune times. He also fumbled the ball routinely on sacks.

Ball security was just not there with Jason. He got hit, the ball came out.

When will you guys stop expecting the Press which does nothing but jock-sniff Tony Romo sits to pee and Jerruh to start giving respect to their opponents? That's why they didn't make mention to the fact that the ONLY TD scored by the Girlz was because our punter gave them the ball on the 34! That's a tough spot to have put our defense which spent too much time on the field by that point. If they were truly the objective sports Press, they would be questioning why their beloved "Mighty Crackgirlz/Super Bowl Certainties" managed to lose to a team that is obviously still not fully grasping their new offense and failed to score an offensive TD!

Fuggeddaboudit!

The Press writing more disrespect towards the Skins in order to puff up the hapless Crackgirlz makes me hate the Girlz even more. And that, my fellow Skins fanatics (Hate the Girlz) is ALWAYS a good thing!

Taking advantage of the other team's mistakes and preventing them from taking advantage of our miscues has been a major reason that we've had mediocre results over the last few years. Last year, Romo sits to pee makes that bonehead lateral at the end of the half and the ball rolls harmlessly out of bounds or we don't pick it up in stride. We come away with no points in a goal to go situation and proceed to give up points. Good teams take advantage of others miscues while not letting others take advantage.

It's just the media rationalizing their own stupidity. Haven't they anointed the cryboys super bowl champs?? Well they need to collectively blame the loss on the cowboys "mistakes" as opposed to the reasonable interpretation that they just aren't very good. To admit that they aren't very good is ti admit that they ( the collective media) just doesn't know ^*#@ about football. How many mediots pick the cryboys to win?? 99-1??

Case closed.

Yes, of the holding calls on Dallas, at least 3 were not 'bonehead' but actually prevented a sack.

Sometimes you win pretty, sometimes you win ugly. Most important thing is that you just win.

The media loves to incite this kind of thinking by making ludicrous headlines.

Also, why are they giving Dallas a pass? How many times throughout the game was Barron exposed as a weak link? Hey offensive whiz, Jason Garrett? How 'bout a tight end or a back to chip him over there.

Next week's game will be similar to this one. The Texans are going to know what we do on offense, we'll know what they do on offense. Luckily for us, Shanahan said himself that the offense has trouble against a 3-4, and the Texans run a 4-3 and will be missing Cushing. If we can do to them what we did to Dallas (stifle the run, to an extent anyway, shut down all the receivers but one, and run the ball on them) we should be able to gut out another win. I'm thinking 21-17 tops.

I dunno man, the Texans might be one of the top top teams in the league. I watched the entire game yesterday and they were dominant on both sides of the ball. Mario Williams was unblockable and Arian Foster could not be stopped.

That's BS to say the Cowboys beat themselves and we got lucky. How about the fact that the Redskins were the better team last night

1. Zero points until the end of the 3rd quarter is NOT luck...especially with the Cowboys talented receivers

2. The strip by Deangelo Hall was nothing more than good football play. It's not like it's common for teams to always take a knee before the half

Now let me tell you what IS lucky ::

1. Two dropped passes in the endzone by Armstrong...THAT is Lucky

2. The spoiled field goal by the holder that would have made the game a two possession game...THAT is Lucky

3. Two dropped interceptions in the 4th quarter..especially the one by Carlos Rogers...THAT IS LUCKY

4. 9 or 10 dropped passes by the Redskins receivers/backs...THAT IS LUCKY

5. McNabb needing more time and reps with his receivers...THAT IS LUCKY

6. Orakpo NOT smashing Romo sits to pee because of the hold...THAT IS LUCKY

Show some damn respect....the Cowboys were lucky it wasn't a blowout last night. Period

Not to mention the Redskins blown coverage on the Cowboys last drive where Miles Austin made a huge play, which got the Cowboys around the redzone in the first place.

It is ridiculous to say the Cowboys gave this game to the Redskins, actually it's pure BS. It was a defensive, mistake filled game. The Skins just happened to take advantage of more mistakes than dallas did. Our offense will get better with playing time, no need to blow anything up like one poster said, give it a few weeks and our offense will be firing on all cylinders, and if the defense keeps up the good play, we may surprise alot of mediots this year. HAIL

Our defense won the game and that was no luck. Once the offense feels more comfortable and Donovan shakes some rust off, we will be a team to contend with. Deion gave us some love on the NFL Network and said this team can ball. Dallas was lucky that McNabb only had 3 quarters of a preseason to prepare. Just wait until we throw some 2 tight end sets in there!

The media just doesn't want to admit that Dallas sucks some major ass right now. It will be all excuses for them. From the looks of it, Philly and NY will have their way with Dallas also. I won't be surprised if they end up at the bottom of the division.

FOXSPORTS

Blame Phillips, not Barron, for Cowboys' loss

John Czarnecki

Finally, it is easy to rip Barron's holding penalty on the final play last night, correctly negating Tony Romo sits to pee's 11-yard touchdown pass to Roy Williams. But why isn't anybody giving Redskins pass rusher Brian Orakpo some credit?

Orakpo might have been Defensive Rookie of the Year last season if most of the national writers knew that Houston's Brian Cushing had tested positive for banned substances during the season. Beside, Orakpo clearly beat Barron to his outside shoulder at the snap of the ball. If Barron didn't instinctively reach out to hold him, and then grab him around the neck, he would have raced in and sacked Romo sits to pee well before the Cowboys quarterback had a chance to throw the football.

There wasn't one commentator that praised Orakpo for effectively doing his job. I mean, coaches preach constantly to their offensive linemen to hold and grab whenever they are beaten cleanly off the ball, just do anything you can to protect your high-priced quarterback from taking a shot that might injure him. That's all Barron did.

Sure, it was a bad penalty, but those plays happen all the time. It just happened at the worst possible time. But the hold allowed Romo sits to pee to dodge and weave in the pocket, duck the pressure, regroup and then look downfield to find an open Williams, hardly Romo sits to pee's favorite target.

After watching the play a dozen times, the bottom line is that if Barron doesn't hold, Romo sits to pee is on the ground and never completes the pass.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/blame-wade-phillips-for-cowboys-loss-091310

Mariucci said Dallas outplayed us all night. Irvin was visibly devestated, but couldn't dispute the hold (Orakpo was being held all night). Collinsworth had a mancrush on all of their offensive "weapons." But let's face it, the D held them when it counted. Like Joe Gibbs said, its about making plays. If we cut down on the dropped balls, both on D and O, it's a pretty comfortable victory.

Dallas lost the game, we did not "win" it. How many flags were thrown on them at inopportune times ? How LUCKY we got that first half fumble/TD else we'd be crying in our milk. We were p a t h e t i c on offense.

At least 3 of those "inopportune" flags were forced errors, including the most important one at the end of the game.

Archived