Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Media Says Dallas Gave us the Game...BS

HSW

I don't believe in could have/should have's or luck in football. The skins did enough to win, that's all that matters. Yes, Dallas coaches were idiots for not running the ball more and for doing a flare pass to a RB 70 yds from the endzone with minimal time left in the half. But, Skins D played well and exposed the Oline, the real reason the Cowboys lost.

I thought Garret was a big a Cowboy killer as anything Sunday. When they ran the ball, they ran all over us, (A big concern for this Sunday after the way the Texans ran on the Colts. But that's for another thread.). But he got away from that and put it all in the chokers hands. Keep him in mind for the HC gig when you finally dump the Pillsbry Doughboys ass Jerruh. PLEASE! ;)

The Cowboys were mistake ridden, The Redskins were mistake ridden. But we overcame our deficiencies and found a way to get the W. The Cowboys didn't. Accept it and move on.

Jackass'. Far be it from you to write anything negative against your perenial darlings.

Hail.

I thought Garret was a big a Cowboy killer as anything Sunday. When they ran the ball, they ran all over us, (A big concern for this Sunday after the way the Texans ran on the Colts. But that's for another thread.). But he got away from that and put it all in the chokers hands...
I agree. The power running formation Dallas showed in a few plays in the second half, had me concerned. (Seem to recall someone calling it a '3-headed monster formation'). Running that outside at our linebackers was yielding some gains for Dallas -- I was glad when Garrett went away from that and started catering to the passing game, where Haslett's blitzes could create more havoc.

I think the Redskins played a whale of game -- and while Dallas played hard, they didn't play smart or disciplined. I'd like to think that all the Dallas penalties were due to desperate tactics to stop Washington's juggernaut play -- but some was just plain old sloppiness. I don't think Dallas prepared as much for us, as we did for them.

I keep hearing on NFL network that Dallas lost the game on a holding call. I may be splitting hairs here, but they didn't loose the game on the call, they lost the game on the act of holding. And that act was commited because Barron was beaten by Orakpo. Clearly it was Orakpo's actions that were the catalyst to the play, not Barron. Barron didn't set out to hold, he was forced to.

This is true. Romo sits to pee would have been crushed had Barron not held him up. He had no choice but to save his QB from destruction.

Why is everyone talking about the mistakes the Cowboys made and not the mistakes the Redskins made? I haven't heard the media mention our botched field goal attempt ONCE. That would have extended our lead and a TD by the Cowboys wouldn't have been enough

I was just watching NFL Network and they keep saying the Cowboys gave us the game. UNBELIEVABLE!! Though we made our own mistakes, had we made the mistakes the Cowboys made the story line would have been that the Redskins are a disaster and the Cowboys capitalized on our pathetic play

The fact of the matter is the media...the NFL...heck even some of our fans look down upon our team and I can't wait to shove it down their throats when we show what the Burgandy and Gold can do.

Taking advantage of the other team's mistakes and preventing them from taking advantage of our miscues has been a major reason that we've had mediocre results over the last few years. Last year, Romo sits to pee makes that bonehead lateral at the end of the half and the ball rolls harmlessly out of bounds or we don't pick it up in stride. We come away with no points in a goal to go situation and proceed to give up points. Good teams take advantage of others miscues while not letting others take advantage.

probably the best post of the day.

bottom line is we scored 13 pts and they scored 7pts. that's the criteria the NFL uses to award wins.

Why is everyone talking about the mistakes the Cowboys made and not the mistakes the Redskins made? I haven't heard the media mention our botched field goal attempt ONCE. That would have extended our lead and a TD by the Cowboys wouldn't have been enough

I was just watching NFL Network and they keep saying the Cowboys gave us the game. UNBELIEVABLE!! Though we made our own mistakes, had we made the mistakes the Cowboys made the story line would have been that the Redskins are a disaster and the Cowboys capitalized on our pathetic play

The fact of the matter is the media...the NFL...heck even some of our fans look down upon our team and I can't wait to shove it down their throats when we show what the Burgandy and Gold can do.

I've been saying this untill I'm blue in the face but everyone still keeps insisting the Choirboys lost due to their "mistakes" and acts as if the Skins played up to their full potential.

It was a season opener with plenty goofs and gaffs on BOTH teams and I still maintain the Skins won this fair and square and without any so called luck.

For every Choirboys miscue a I can think of a Redskin miscue so it all evens out. Maybe the Choirboys had more penalties but hey tough sh$% they are supposed to be prime time and sooo much better than us..

But I think this needs to brought out once more: The final play before the half was indeed a bad decision by Romo sits to pee but what are the chances of us not only stuffing it but actually creating a fumble AND recovery AND touchdown?? All sheer luck? I think not. I think opportunistic ,swarming defense that made a helluva play..

I don't give a hoot about the media-does not matter. Wins-however they happen, ESPECIALLY in your 1st game against a division oppent are what matters. They break it down in their various ways (depending on location) but a win, is a win. To change topic-many of us cannot be in DC (you see where I am) but we need YOU, the people lucky enough to go to the games, to be more like Kansas City. Before you take offense, I lived in Kansas City for 15 years and went to many KC games. Before that lived in Skins counrty (WV) my whole life. What I am getting at is I have been to Skins games (not RFK-prob close to KC-sad) and Chiefs games-no comparison. Their fans are amazing!

I would formally like to welcome you to the Saints world.

Where you don't really do anything and the opposing team gave you a win.

Our defense never stripped those balls from the vikings players !! The vikings players politely asked us if we would like the turn over before they hiked it.

Dont worry about anyone else , you earned it.

Archived