Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/35508280

The 53-year-old Portuguese, who was sacked by the Blues in December, is increasingly hopeful of succeeding Louis van Gaal at Old Trafford.

No agreement has been reached, and the club have made no comment, but negotiations have begun.

Dutchman Van Gaal, 64, is expected to leave United at the end of the season - one year earlier than scheduled.

That would leave the way clear for Mourinho, who is known to be excited by the prospect of taking over at Old Trafford.

The United hierarchy are thought to be keen to respond after Manchester City secured the services of coveted former Barcelona coach Pep Guardiola earlier this week.

However, while Giggs was happy to further his education under Van Gaal, he is unlikely to be as willing to work with Mourinho.

MU in Dec: 0-3-2 + getting kicked out of CL by Wolfsburg

MU board - we're sticking with Louie

MU in Jan-Feb: 3-1-1

Mu board - Louie, you're out by May

I don't get it.

I wish y'all good luck, GHH. American sports live hasn't been the same after the owners priced out the blue-collar fans.

Thanks man and neither's English football. You guys probably think the atmosphere in the stadiums are great because they're invariably still more or less full and the likes of NBC and Sky tell you it's awesome. But if truth be told most week's most all grounds are like morgues compared to what they used to be.

Now that change really started, ironically thinking of my own club, after the Hillsborough disaster and the implementation of all seater stadiums. The REAL ironic thing there, and I should be careful as it's still a touchy subject with us (I was never for seating FWIW. Terraces just needed to be made safer and the cages done away with); is that's when the new 'class' of fan started coming into the game. We went from ending one season with prices at £ 6/7/8 to stand. To the start of the next with seats and prices at £15-20. Double and more. A lot of the clubs hid behind safety to just use it as a licence to print money. Which was an absolute disgrace in itself. Then the Premier League got formed, and it's gone out of all proportion with the rest of society. 1986, my Cup Final ticket against Everton was £ 6. And that was more because it was the biggest game there was outside of the European Cup final. Next year, the top wack at Anfield will be £ 77. For a league game not a Cup Final. Unless my maths are out that's a 1,183 percent increase over the period. With the average working wage going up nothing like that in relation. So more and more traditional fans who are the complete lifeblood of the game, who's whole community often revolves around the football club, have been consistently priced out more and more with each passing year. Most of the lads I used to go with no longer do through not being able to afford it. (I'm just an idiot who consistently forsakes things I shouldn't to still go the match. It's just all I know, shrugs.). And in their place has come the more affluent, middle to upper class 'fan.' Who see it as a big day out. They like to be associated but the raw passions not there. They're happy to sit and politely applaud. The whole match day experience just isn't the same any more most anywhere. Man alive, I'd love you all to of experienced a standing Kop in full flow. That was something else and an experience that couldn't be bettered anywhere. 

I'm babbling, but this has been an ongoing thing this side of the atlantic too my friend for way too long now. 

And the latest example of out and out greed from an ownership with absolutely no reasoning may just be the one step too far. 

Hail. 

*As a side note, talking about Hillsborough, where have Aspinal and Hicks been over the ticketing debate? The two 'pillars' of the family support group. One of the main criteria of the Taylor report was safe, AFFORDABLE seating for all. So why nothing from then? 

Their OBE's have been WELL earned ..... 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven

Very ****ty situation but just be grateful you don't have a lunatic Italian owner who's making the club flirt with administration (again), selling our best young players, sacking about 14 managers a season and appearing in court every second month for not paying tax on his yacht. 

All while charging mid-table Premier League prices for bog standard football. 

I've chipped in a tenner for an Anti-Cellino message to be flown over Elland Road during our match tomorrow. Probably won't make any difference but if it puts him 1% closer to selling then its worth it. 

• Like 4

Ugly, rainy day. 

Hope we beat Sunderland. But honestly, it wouldn't surprise me if we somehow failed to beat either them or Villa the next week. But won the replay down at West Ham. Until Phil, Origi and Sturridge get back, it's all on whether Firmino is on it or not as to whether we score any goal. (Singular. Let's not go getting silly with anything more.). 

But the game is secondary to me to sending the first public notice to FSG that this **** will no longer be tolerated. I just hope there's enough walk out on 77 minutes to make it seriously media newsworthy and make both Boston and more so the sponsors sit up at the negative publicity. This could really be the start of something again. Not just at ours but across the board in football. People said it was fruitless when the SOS formed and we went to war with Hicks and Gillett. That had changed by the end of it. So if more and more think of their fellow fan today and remind Boston of the power we can have as one, that we won't sit and let them continue to rape us and our fellow supporters blind in times of such mega riches in the game; then we could be onto something again. 

What we don't need is a return to the Hicks/ Gillett fight of fan against fan, and the toxic atmosphere in the ground that produced. You just hope people remember that and what can be achieved when you have strength in unity. 

Most important game of the season. But not on the pitch. 

SUPPORTERS NOT CUSTOMERS!

#WalkOutOn77

Hail. 

Arsenal fans are flipping out over a new surcharge on their tickets.

These clubs have some ****ing nerve man.

Absolute disgrace: Arsenal surcharge season ticket holders for Barcelona tie | Arseblog News - the Arsenal news site

And what's the connecting factor yet again? A majority American owner. 

Enough is ENOUGH!

Hail. 

Arsenal perform U-turn on Barcelona ticket surcharge following backlash from fans - Mirror Online

Well done Arsenal fans. Brilliant. Another shot in the eye to both the mega rich and those that naively continue to think fan power can't make a difference.

Pat yourselves on the back. 

Hail. 

• Like 1

As I sit here and wait for the real game to come on Fox Sports at 12:30 EST, I have a few things to ponder.

1.  Are the ticket prices at Anfield really too expensive?

2.  Sunderland had no business getting a point

3.  Both goals were scored when the American was subbed into the game.

4.  What does Klopp think?

5.  Do I want to stick around in this thread and read the disappointing remarks from the Red posters?'

A few side notes:

1.  There will be less weddings tomorrow than any other day in the year

2.  More food will be consumed than any day in the U.S. except Thanksgiving

It would be so fun if Leicester City win the league. Be interesting if it changes the dynamic of the league due to them not spending gobs of money like the top 4 and Blackburn, or if its just a blip.

Hey now, Lester have outspent Arsenal 2:1 this season. 

Had to watch a couple minutes of the walkout...well done boys.

TV off now in solidarity.

Thanks brother. We're all reds together and this effects us ALL. REALLY appreciate that. 

I'll talk more when I'm home what ever time that will be but that was absolutely brilliant and beyond anyones wildest dreams. 80 mins the streets round the ground where RAMMED! I was expecting maybe a thousand or so like the early SOS marches. Couple K at most. But there must of been a good 7/8 K out the Kop alone. And there were plenty of empty seats all over looking round walking down. First major shot across Boston's bow. That won't of gone unnoticed at all. 

The match was completely irrelevant today, but in many ways Sunderland's comeback after the walk out was just the perfect outcome. We left at 2-0 and coasting. The game finishes 2-2. Could there be ANY better message than that to the greedy Yank ****s that SUPPORTERS are VITALY important?

SO proud of the solidarity SO many fans showed for their fellow fan today. Never thought we'd be going down this road with another fight with owners but they've brought it around so here we are again. 

Well done to one and all. HUGELY successful first protest. Oh, lad the pub here saying Carra walked out too. Trying to confirm that. (Anyone have anything?). Scouse solidarity in action!

'Enough is Enough, You greedy bastds, Enough is ENOUGH!'

Hail. 

• Like 4

Salute to you guys.

I respect that.

Thanks bro'. This is a football FAN thing. And it might not effect you per se out there. And it might not be your club. But your club is another repeatedly raping it's fans and this **** needs to STOP! And hopefully when you do get to visit, it won't cost you an arm and a leg to do so. 

Seeing reports of upto 15K walking out. Which in 3 short days is ridiculous mobilisation. 

2 points dropped but 1 MASSIVE message sent across the Atlantic. And Boston, this is just the start!

Hail. 

• Like 1