Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

Hope he's better than their previous record signing .....

..... Sorry lil' bro' but Shaqiri has been utter wank. Never realised he was so frigging small either until he was in front of me when I was in the Kemmy the semi. Poor mans umpa-lumpa haha. 

Hail. 

He's been consistently better than anyone we have off the wings.

I'd take him over Ibe in a second.

It's okay to say "Bro, I was wrong about him"

Honestly not upset we didn't upgrade.  I know those will come in the summer.

I wish like heck we could've got Balo and Markovic back because we need bodies for the season more than anything else.  I know we weren't allowed to re-call either, but I think we'd be okay to challenge if we had those two back.

Seeing Ings can start regular training this week is also a big boost.

He's been consistently better than anyone we have off the wings.

I'd take him over Ibe in a second.

It's okay to say "Bro, I was wrong about him"

I'd take Jnr over Ibe right now. That's not saying much. 

But still. *Clears throat ...... Summons strength from upon high ...... 'Bro'. I was wrong about him ..... I realise the error of my ways ..... He's even worse than I at first thought. But at least he can carve out a career as an umpa-lumpa so there is that.'  :D.

Now this is how you disrupt live TV .....

Quality. 

Hail. 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven
  • Like 1

Saw that video earlier today :lol:

I have a feeling this summer is going to be amazing. 

We'll see what happens.

Sturridge wants to play for England this summer he has to show well for Liverpool.  He's about 3rd (being generous) on the depth chart right now.

Ings seems in a hurry to get back and got the medical green light.

You know I've been an Origi guy since we signed him.  Mostly because he should've scored about 8 goals against the US had it not been for Tim Howard in the World Cup a couple of years back.  But he's back.

And Phil has been cleared.

Let's have a go, boys.

On to Le'ster.

I'd take Jnr over Ibe right now. That's not saying much. 

But still. *Clears throat ...... Summons strength from upon high ...... 'Bro'. I was wrong about him ..... I realise the error of my ways ..... He's even worse than I at first thought. But at least he can carve out a career as an umpa-lumpa so there is that.'  :D.

Hail.

I just think your head would explode if we had a midfield with the Welsh Pirlo, Yorkshire Figo, and Alpine Messi.

• Like 1

Hey DC9 when you get a chance you should watch the video about how Barca was bankrupt in the early 2000s and how it came back. Pretty awesome video. Sad players like Bale are On Real. He's one of the coolest dudes and down to Earth. Then Ronaldo does insane charity off the field. It's funny because it's got such a hate able history but like able players.

• Like 1

Just waiting for today's **** storm when the club announce next years prices (why so early BTW? They've never done that before); with prices highly likely to hit £70 for the top of a category A game and over a grand for some season tickets. All from a club not in the Champions League and looking at a major boost in revenue from the new stand and TV deal.

FSG spend over a year in fan 'dialogue' talking about initiatives to get local kids back and lower prices; and then completely ignore those talks through complete greed. We're quite possibly looking at the highest price the entire league next year and I they'll be a lot the just give up their ST if they go North of a grand.

Expect some VERY vocal abuse tonight Boston. ****s!

Hail.

• Like 1

I guess we should wait for the announcement, but everything is pointing to a hike.

With ticket sales accounting for only 12% of our yearly income, there's no logical reasoning behind this at all. Except pure greed.

Hail.

I'm curious as to why myself unless they are looking for a way to pay for the main stand... which they said wouldn't be paid for by a ticket hike.

The way the Redskins "increased prices" by not having to increase prices, per se, was to get rid of the end zone seating and most of the rows 16-29 on the 400 level on the sidelines.  No one really made a stink about it, but you priced a lot of dudes out by doing that.  It's an increase of about $20 per ticket (per game) just moving from row 16 to row 15.  Obviously not everyone had to make that move, and some were happy because it opened up seating lower and closer to the field.  Though for my money, there isn't a better seat in the house to see the action than there is at about midway up the 400s (save for row 1 off the 400s, which Mark the Homer will agree is bar none, the best seat in the house and it's where he has his tickets).

But if the overall goal is to pay for the main stand addition, and the locals show that they will pay, why would an ownership group knock the prices back down after the main stand is completed and paid for?

Conceivably, you are increasing your revenue by adding those 20k seats up there.  Why go early and not wait a year?  The only other thing I can think of is they want to be able to add that to the list of benefits for when they sell. "We've got a historic ground, where we've added 20,000 or so seats, and we've got the locals paying the highest prices in England to come and watch".

It really is a bad look and it really is all about the money.  Squeezing every last drop out of your investment.  There's no other way to justify it.  It's beyond sad.

The only way I'd pay for those prices would be if they went out and bought a championship winning side in the summer.  Which, with the restraint shown yesterday, seems to be in the cards barring what City and Chelsea do.  I think Arsenal take a year off (so to speak) after they win the title this year.

Hey DC9 when you get a chance you should watch the video about how Barca was bankrupt in the early 2000s and how it came back. Pretty awesome video. Sad players like Bale are On Real. He's one of the coolest dudes and down to Earth. Then Ronaldo does insane charity off the field. It's funny because it's got such a hate able history but like able players.

Do you have a link or is it on Netflix or Prime by any chance?

I know there's a couple out there.

So how do we feel about those Yanks this morning, love?

EDIT:  Honestly don't know what to make about the price plan.  It seems twitter is either happy or irate.

I hope they get ****ing dogs abuse at Leicester tonight and then at home to Sunderland Saturday! There's only one Yank I'm currently liking and that's only because Mom say's I ****ing have to! 

LIVERPOOL'S TICKET PRICES: A MISSED OPPORTUNITY - The Anfield Wrap

Excellent piece by McKenna from the union dissecting the club's B/S.

Hopefully this is Henry trying to maximise everything to sell up once the new stand opens next season.

Even more interesting numbers. ****S!

Response to LFC Ticket Prices - Spirit of Shankly

Hail. 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven
  • Like 1

That's it.  I'm telling you he's trying to sell high.

Only problem is if you guys show you'll pay the new owners won't really care.  They may lower some elsewhere, but why lower if you have a customer base?

I'm honestly curious BEYOND words as to how this sale will line up with Dan's interest to buy a Premier League club.  I would probably end up in the hospital if he bought LFC... though if he brought the "I've got the checkbook and a pen" attitude with him I'm not sure it would be a bad thing.

Just get ready for some beyond brilliant marketing campaigns to pay for it.

As much as we've complained about Dan here, the cost effect on the fan base has been minimal.  Like I said earlier, I can comfortably afford ST for junior and I.  I could even stomach a 4 pack if I needed to.

I actually think this one goes to Le'ster 2-1 or 3-1.

They didn't break us down last time and Benteke basically lucked into a goal.

Origi was giving them fits before the injury.  Was really hoping he'd be back for this one.

We'll see.

COME ON REDMEN!