Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

Takeaways from Chels yesterday:

1.  Comical finishing kept MK Dons in the game early.  The score could have easily been 6-1 heading in to half...alas it was only 3-1

2.  MK Dons has horrific defending.  Even sitting at 20th in the premiership I expected more.  However, this is the type of game that builds confidence, and Guus played a majority of first team players so hopefully this bodes well moving forward

3.  Oscar was king.  After missing two point blank opportunities early, he came on strong and had a hat trick in the opening 45.  He showed his true class and if he can remain consistent, is an unbelievable player.

4. Hazard got his first goal.  He created a chance, got taken down in the penalty area, stepped up eagerly and knocked home his first goal of the season.  Good to see, and I hope he stays around next year.  He is a remarkable talent who has trouble being direct.  But when he's on the ball, it's incredibly hard to displace him.

5. Terry Leaving the club.  Perhaps the most disappointing news I have heard in quite some time.  An absolute legend leaving the club at the end of the season.  Drogba last year, and even more heartbreaking Terry this.  Hopefully the boys can send him out on a high note.

That's all...looking forward to Wed against Watford.

So the worst kept secret in footie is out in the open with Citeh confirming Pep's their's. 

Wah wah Utd. Another kick in the teeth on the road to slowly realising you're just not as big as you delude yourselves into still thinking you are. F-knows who they turn to now?

Klopp and Guardiola reuniting that rivalry should be fun and good for both men. Be interesting to see how Pep adapts. This league is WHOLY different to Germany and Spain with the demands it places on both manager and players. 

Hail. 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven

Klopp and Guardiola reuniting that rivalry should be fun and good for both men. Be interesting to see how Pep adapts. This league is WHOLY different to Germany and Spain with the demands it places on both manager and players. 

Hail. 

We have 8 matches just this month.

And we have a 10 playing a false 9 cause our 9 doesn't move.

Has Sturridge passed the medical?

We waived it.

• Like 1

I make NO apologies to any Americans when I say I wish these greedy Yank ****s would ****ing do one and concentrate on what we all know their first love is. The bat and ball game. 

Joint statement from the LFC Supporters Committee, and Spirit of Shakily and Spion Kop 1906 fan groups on the conclusion of the ticket working group:

On Saturday 30 January representatives of all three supporters groups that make up the Ticket Working Group, met with LFC for the last time following 13 months of discussion about ticket prices and accessibility. The club presented their final proposal and plan to announce next-season’s prices for the entire stadium this week.

The outcome is extremely disappointing and a missed opportunity for LFC to lead in a fairer approach to ticket prices. After months of time and effort, meetings and debate of ideas and plans to lower supporters’ costs, the owners have chosen to increase prices for many. In the context of the huge income rises the club will receive next year, to up their revenue from fans through season and matchday tickets is both unnecessary and morally unjustifiable.

At a time of ever increasing commercial and media revenues, the club’s reliance on ‘general-admission’ returns is diminishing, and this is a lost opportunity for LFC to begin the reversal of the effects of inflation-busting prices that have forced out many loyal fans over recent years. We had hoped to find a solution to better accessibility to Anfield for younger and future generations through reduced ticket prices.

We began our engagement with the club in a spirit of cooperation and a willingness to compromise. To give the process the best chance of success we presented ideas and agreed to their requests for confidentiality, agreeing a Terms of Reference by which we have abided.

Our proposals going into the negotiation were as follows:

1. At least 70% of the ground to be paying an affordable price (£30 in our view);

2. An end to match categorisation and;

3. Increases in the number of young supporters inside Anfield.

We believe it is right and fair to lower ticket prices in order to sustain our support and subsequently the atmosphere inside Anfield.

Unfortunately, the decisions of the ownership are based purely on economics with no compromise. They have tried to frame the debate from the view that ticket prices as they stand are fair and that their planned rises somehow supports this fairness. This is an unsustainable argument being put by the owners. Fairness is not making more money than ever before from supporters.

There will be some new initiatives, but the major issues of ticket cost and categorisation remain unresolved, unappreciated by the owners and a further setback for loyal supporters trying to afford to watch their team play.

We will make further detailed comment once the new prices are released in the coming days.

Wish FSG would just sell up and **** off. We may end up with someone just as bad, but it can't be any worse. Record TV money. New stand bumping match day revenue massively and they still lamely try justify their out right greed. 

Some serious protests need to be the order of the day again. 

If it wasn't for you guys I could REALLY hate Americans. 

Hail. 

• Like 1

I've never been a fan of their business.  They wasted the Sterling money trying to save a few million on Rodgers contract instead of sacking him.

They didn't put all of the Torres money back into the club... we just didn't notice because Suarez was so good.

They seriously can't get out of their own way.

What's funny is Red Sox fans are convinced that we steal their money.  When in actuallity, FSG net spent about 10 million pounds over the summer.  10 million pounds on transfers.  That David Price deal might as well have been done in pounds.  No chance the Red Sox gross that much.

I don't go to LFC games, and I pay about that much for each of my Redskins season tickets and make it work with a family of 4... but we don't have 14 home league games.  I couldn't afford that and raise my kids the way I want to, that's for sure.

Just a bad bit of business, and on the day that you, instead of announcing a transfer to chase a top 4 spot or Europa League Championship, you announce that your habitially injured striker, over the hill CB, and two other players (albeit very good players) are coming back from injury.

Just horrible PR.  Shame on FSG.  Just ****ing sell.

Might have to do an away bit instead of at Anfield.  We'll have to see how it shakes out for the fall, man.

Edited by DC9
  • Like 1

http://www.si.com/planet-futbol/2016/02/01/lionel-messi-skip-olympics-copa-america

Lionel Messi will play in Copa America Centenario but will not be available for selection for this summer's Olympics in Rio, Argentina manager Gerardo Martino told reporters on Monday.

Martino cited the fact that there are various competitions during the year, such as the Copa America and World Cup qualifiers, and that Messi will be coming off another packed season with Barcelona.

Messi, 28, would have been able to play in the Olympics as an over-age player, with nations able to take three players over 23 onto their 18-man rosters. Messi helped Argentina win Olympic gold in 2008 in Beijing. He also helped Argentina reach the World Cup final in 2014 at the Maracaña in Rio, the site of this summer's Olympic final.

Hope USSF doesn't ruin his knee again.

Edited by FanboyOf91

If it wasn't for you guys I could REALLY hate Americans. 

Hail. 

Legend has it Henry's great great great great grandpappy led the tea party. :P

I will say this... I won't complain about having to pay full price for the 2 preseason games if the 70 pound price is true.

Nah... I probably will.

Sports Business is a joke these days.

This is why I see 30-40k seat stadiums full of the rich and with no atmosphere and pay per view in our future.  It's sad.  But we're headed there.

THAT'S IT! Both you AND the horse are now wracking up ass kickings!

Hail. 

You put it on a platter!

That's why I don't get promoted anymore.  My bosses do that and I can't even hold it.

I get the "Good job Adam.  No one is better than you."  Then come promotion time, I'm left out somehow.

Seriously, though...We know he's leaving after the main stand opens.  One can only hope we get a checkbook from somewhere.

Oh more joy of ****ing joys. 

Enriques failed to agree with Newcastle. (What? Drop from the **** Liverpool are paying me for less to actually play? Behave knobhead. Do I look like an actual footballer of something?). 

Well, at least the animals at Knowsley Safari Park or wherever else he's taking a zillion selfies today will be happy. 

Hail. 

• Like 1

Oh more joy of ****ing joys. 

Enriques failed to agree with Newcastle. (What? Drop from the **** Liverpool are paying me for less to actually play? Behave knobhead. Do I look like an actual footballer of something?). 

Well, at least the animals at Knowsley Safari Park or wherever else he's taking a zillion selfies today will be happy. 

Hail. 

I woke up to Newcastle being interested and I literally LOL'd.

We've agreed to a transfer the last 3 windows and Enrique has failed to agree personal terms.

He's a ****ing loser, too.

• Like 1

I woke up to Newcastle being interested and I literally LOL'd.

We've agreed to a transfer the last 3 windows and Enrique has failed to agree personal terms.

He's a ****ing loser, too.

The Premier League era has sadly produced WAY too many of his ilk. 

Makes a complete mockery of the job description. 'Professional footballer' who'd rather sit and rake in the big bucks than actually ****ing do the thing many would give their right arm for and play. 

WAY too many average to ****e bellends have been made for life since the PL was formed and the money rolled in. 

Hail. 

• Like 1

Bit of an over reaction? Pep has a lot to prove even if he is walking into the best squad in the league. Get in Mourinho and we'll be fine.

Yes we haven't adapted to life after Fergie but with unlimited funds available and a fan base of unparalleled proportion how long do you really think recovery will take. I can't stand Mourinho but if we get him 3 players we can win the league and all of this is nonsense.

Er, Guardiola dominates the Special One.

• Like 2

Bayern Munich sign Sedar Tasci on loan for remainder of season:

Bayern Munich have signed centre-back Serdar Tasci on loan from Spartak Moscow.

Tasci, 28, will initially join Bayern until the end of the season but the German champions will have the option to make the deal permanent in the summer.

More good business, similar to Coman signing (which is working out splendidly).  Good central defender that was needed with Boateng's injury.

... and an oldie, but a goodie:

How to Bayern in 11 Steps.

Enjoy

Stoke City have done some really good business today.

Hope he's better than their previous record signing .....

..... Sorry lil' bro' but Shaqiri has been utter wank. Never realised he was so frigging small either until he was in front of me when I was in the Kemmy the semi. Poor mans umpa-lumpa haha. 

Hail.