Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

Well done to Pool today.

He has taken lots of crap, but Mignolet was by far the superior keeper today in PKs.  I believe he was on all but 2 of them.

Now, root for City to beat Everton and assure Pool of Europa next season.

Anyone fun to watch in La Liga? Perhaps a team with young talent and crazy supporters? Watching Real and Barca gets old plus it's not exactly a crazy fanbase. I always like watching clubs that defend their grounds well and have some unknown or not as well known talent.

Yes, I really like to watch La Liga.  Nice to see teams that have skilled players all around the pitch and can consistently play out of the back while passing the ball around.  Atletico are a nice side to watch.

Edited by btfoom
  • Like 1

Anyone fun to watch in La Liga? Perhaps a team with young talent and crazy supporters? Watching Real and Barca gets old plus it's not exactly a crazy fanbase. I always like watching clubs that defend their grounds well and have some unknown or not as well known talent.

you just keep shooting yourself in the foot.

(the devil in me wanted to ask if you have any newfound family roots in bavar....errr, catelonia.)

• Like 1

http://www.90min.com/posts/2904343-video-jurgen-klopp-going-mad-at-alberto-moreno?a_aid=35322

Is rite Jürgen lad. He was frigging braindead again last night. Not just constantly caught out of position (not least the goal that forced Sakho to vacate the middle to cover); but like ridiculously out of position often the other tricking side of the park. And what's with this new crap of putting him to block free kicks and him doing his little Bruce Lee flying ninja kick impression? 

Soon as Flanno's fully upto fitness he needs straight back in LB. 

The attempted lame dig aside, if the League Cup winners finished in the Champions League slots, the Europa League placing goes down he league not the runners-up.

So just getting the final no longer guarantees you a European slot for the following season in the Spring. You have to win it. 

Hail. 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven

you just keep shooting yourself in the foot.

(the devil in me wanted to ask if you have any newfound family roots in bavar....errr, catelonia.)

I hadn't watched La Liga in awhile and I was asking about teams with some unknown talent and nice atmospheres? Don't get me wrong I think Catelonia is beautiful and rich history but Bayern is still my family team. Though I do want to visit Nou Camp.

I hadn't watched La Liga in awhile and I was asking about teams with some unknown talent and nice atmospheres? Don't get me wrong I think Catelonia is beautiful and rich history but Bayern is still my family team. Though I do want to visit Nou Camp.

This portfolio of clubs is utterly bizarre to me and I struggle to take it seriously but that's your bag so good on you I 'spose. 

I would of thought Valencia would of been perfect being the Neville's are in charge and it has the best stadium in Spain for me and a great atmosphere. Or for the real underdog, Eibar. Basque minnows who are holding their own for the second straight season at their 5K capacity ground which is always bouncing. The whole town clubbed together to raise the money for them to clear their debts and be able to register in La Liga 2 years back. Super little story. And if you wanted to go Basque and a club that has always stuck to it's traditions and only ever signed Basque players, Bilbao is the one for you. Superb City. Superb people. Superb match day  atmosphere in a fantastic new stadium (the old one wasn't half bad) which really is 'Us against the whole of Spain' EVERY other week. 

Hail. 

• Like 1

Well done to Pool today.

He has taken lots of crap, but Mignolet was by far the superior keeper today in PKs.  I believe he was on all but 2 of them.

He's always been a shot stopper.

His first start in Red he saved a pen against Stoke (ironically). 

His weakness is playing the actual position. 

Double-save was fantastic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQP7vk9ick8

Same as GHH, I root a bit for Valencia when they play.  My Spanish teacher in High School was actually from Catalunya so I always root for Barca.  His stories of the struggle were very gut wrenching. 

Edited by DC9
  • Like 1

Taken from a good friend which encapsulates a lot of the Sky generation fan:

Liverpool v Carlisle Utd - 23/09/15 "Why are you watching that, the League Cup is rubbish"

Liverpool v Bournemouth - 28/10/15 "Still watching that second-rate competition?"

Liverpool v Man City/Everton - 28/02/16 "Can I have a ticket for the Final please?''

..... My Spanish teacher in High School was actually from Catalunya so I always root for Barca.  His stories of the struggle were very gut wrenching. 

He grow up under that a-hole Franco through the Civil War? My heart goes out to him of he did. 

Hail. 

• Like 1

This portfolio of clubs is utterly bizarre to me and I struggle to take it seriously but that's your bag so good on you I 'spose.

I would of thought Valencia would of been perfect being the Neville's are in charge and it has the best stadium in Spain for me and a great atmosphere. Or for the real underdog, Eibar. Basque minnows who are holding their own for the second straight season at their 5K capacity ground which is always bouncing. The whole town clubbed together to raise the money for them to clear their debts and be able to register in La Liga 2 years back. Super little story. And if you wanted to go Basque and a club that has always stuck to it's traditions and only ever signed Basque players, Bilbao is the one for you. Superb City. Superb people. Superb match day atmosphere in a fantastic new stadium (the old one wasn't half bad) which really is 'Us against the whole of Spain' EVERY other week.

Hail.

I mainly keep up with Bayern these days though I watch a bunch of Utd games with my buds. I love the technical abilities in Spain. I'm naturally drawn to awesome atmospheres. Since I'm planning trips to Europe hopefully soon I want to get to the crazy stadiums on my route hopefully including Spain. Bavaria is my priority though.

HAHA. Who said the German's don't have a SOH? Brilliant!

FC Augsburg English ‏@FCA_World 21h21 hours ago
Our @EuropaLeague clash with @LFC is less than a month away! We're making sure we're ready for #Klopp & Co... #FCA 
1,388 retweets1,046 likes

Retweet

More

(Can't put up the image but it's at the tweet.). 

Hail. 

The attempted lame dig aside, if the League Cup winners finished in the Champions League slots, the Europa League placing goes down he league not the runners-up.

So just getting the final no longer guarantees you a European slot for the following season in the Spring. You have to win it. 

Hail. 

didn't know that, thought they still used Cups.

He grow up under that a-hole Franco through the Civil War? My heart goes out to him of he did. 

Hail. 

First generation after Franco.  So his father grew up under him.  Great story teller.  One of the "American's" who was also a Spanish teacher in my school was a Real fan.  I remember in 2001 he (the Real fan) came into our spanish class and started talking ish... it almost got to a boiling point.  And then I remember my teacher calmly taking a deep breath, and sitting down and explaining to the class and the other teacher about what it means to be from Catalunya and what they went through during the Civil War and even up to the present day.  Then he said Barca was the only way that Catalunya could ever win against Spain.  It's more than a game for Barca fans... it's just another game for Madrid, so to speak.  Meaning, that Real fans root for a win and Barca are their biggest rival, but it's just a win.  It's a bit of a vindication for Barca if they win.  Not the same ball park in terms of meaning.  I could never root for Real. Very in depth and very powerful.

Before his time as my Spanish teacher he was an FBI agrent, as well.  What a man.  He's been on top of the world the last few years.

EDIT:  He was first generation after the civil war, but during Franco... my apologies.

This is SO frustrating that it's looking like it won't get done:

Hail. 

Yeah, look to be tugging at the heart strings of the owner.

Edited by DC9
  • Like 1

I remember way back when in early January when Chelsea were linked with teixiera.  Was excited for a move but then heard he wanted 30mil.  Now I am hearing they want 50mil?  For a 26 yo undersized brazilian playing in the middle of the pitch...I'd say that's a bit pricey.  Of course his natural position may be 10, but still excessive.  I would say you dodged a bullet, you have an AM in Coutinho who is probably better.  

Speaking of Brazilians, Ramires signed for some Chinese team for roughly 28mil.  Tough to see him go, his goal against Barca in 2012 CL semis was fantastic!

Wow. Would I like to spend a few hours talking to that man. I can but imagine the tails he'd tell. 

Hail. 

He was awesome.  Best stories were stories like, "When I was 12, my grandmother gave me money to go buy some wine for dinner.  Instead I went and bought a terrace seat to watch Barca play. Worst ass beating of my life".  :lol:

He was that type of dude.

My favorite teacher by far. 

Had a Government teacher from Leeds my Senior year.  She wasn't really into football.  She was a cricket, chick.  Probably grew up with Martin. :P

I remember way back when in early January when Chelsea were linked with teixiera.  Was excited for a move but then heard he wanted 30mil.  Now I am hearing they want 50mil?  For a 26 yo undersized brazilian playing in the middle of the pitch...I'd say that's a bit pricey.  Of course his natural position may be 10, but still excessive.  I would say you dodged a bullet, you have an AM in Coutinho who is probably better.  

Speaking of Brazilians, Ramires signed for some Chinese team for roughly 28mil.  Tough to see him go, his goal against Barca in 2012 CL semis was fantastic!

Ya'll might use that Ramires money to buy him.

That's an OUTSTANDING price for (as Stevie Nichol said last night) an "alright player".

I'm hoping you guys come to pay for Benteke, personally.  Don't see it happening, though.

Also, we've been saying for years, Coutinho is a passer/facilitator.  He'll find a pass that Ozil won't.  I think Ozil can cross it better and that's about it.  But we haven't had a channel running striker since Sturridge/Suarez... we've been playing the CF with guys like Balo, Lambert, Ben, etc.... if we got Teixeira, you could run Teixeira and Firmino as forwards and all of a sudden Phil is putting those guys behind the back four.

We'll see.  Teixeira is basically doing a Sterling at the moment, which honestly I'm fine with because it's happened to us more than a few times over the years.

Edited by DC9
  • Like 1

Ya'll might use that Ramires money to buy him.

That's an OUTSTANDING price for (as Stevie Nichol said last night) an "alright player".

I'm hoping you guys come to pay for Benteke, personally.  Don't see it happening, though.

Also, we've been saying for years, Coutinho is a passer/facilitator.  He'll find a pass that Ozil won't.  I think Ozil can cross it better and that's about it.  But we haven't had a channel running striker since Sturridge/Suarez... we've been playing the CF with guys like Balo, Lambert, Ben, etc.... if we got Teixeira, you could run Teixeira and Firmino as forwards and all of a sudden Phil is putting those guys behind the back four.

We'll see.  Teixeira is basically doing a Sterling at the moment, which honestly I'm fine with because it's happened to us more than a few times over the years.

Ramires' sale is considerably larger than he is worth.  I think this chinese team is looking to become the PSG of the eastern world...just buying up talent of any level at ridiculous prices.  Ramires looks to be a casualty of war here, as although I think he is a useful squad player Guus much prefers mikel.

As far as Benteke I don't think it's going to happen.  Pato is coming over on loan it appears with Falcao and Remy ****ting the bed.  Benteke doesn't fit our mold much anyhow.

Of all the players who catch heat on our squad, the most this year has been given to Oscar.  People, for one reason or another, simply don't think he is performing well.  I differ vehemently...I think he does so much for our squad both attacking and tracking back.  But I digress...I can never convince people who have already made up their minds.  I think he's off in the summer, hopefully for a large fee.  And while we are at it, Hazard is probably gone as well.

..... We'll see.  Teixeira is basically doing a Sterling at the moment, which honestly I'm fine with because it's happened to us more than a few times over the years.

With the MAJOR difference being Shaktar are openly willing to sell him and give their blessing for him to come to us if the fees met. 

L'pool with Sterling, not so much. 

Hail. 

• Like 1

Love that Barca guy story. I love the history of clubs. Like how Bayern was nearly disbanded in world war 2 for being the Jew club so to speak. Amazing to see what oppressed clubs become.

The history between Barca and Real along with the ideals of Real is what annoys me. The fans think the same way. They would break every rule to win. Their fans straight up will tell you all they cares is winning. By any cost.

Edited by RichmondRedskin88
  • Like 1