Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

Actually think Henderson is worse off than Can now that I'm thinking about it.

Hendo has been off his last two appearances.

Milner has been excellent today.

Might look at Benteke for Hendo and move Firmino out a little wider.

• Like 1

Leicester must just have off days against us. (*Reference to an argument I had with a blue today who wouldn't have it they're nottin' more than an average, hard working side taking advantage of a piss poor league this year.). 

Totally on top for one and half games against them this year. With the usual woes of not being able to score for **** WAY too wasteful the final third. Can and Moreno as braindead as ever. Hope we see Flanno and Teixera/ Allen before too long. Brilliant save from Mingolet to be fair to him from Mahez. That would of been harsh. 

Keep it going Reds. Three points are here for the taking. 

Hail. 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven
  • Like 1

Actually think Henderson is worse off than Can now that I'm thinking about it.

Hendo has been off his last two appearances.

Milner has been excellent today.

Might look at Benteke for Hendo and move Firmino out a little wider.

Agreed. His last pretty touch notwithstanding, he gave nothing first half. Still plenty of rust to shake off it looks.

I'd also say that Firmino's not shown much quality today either.

Edited by Long n Left
  • Like 1

Agreed. His last pretty touch notwithstanding, he gave nothing first half. Still plenty of rust to shake off it looks.

I'd also say that Firmino's not shown much quality today either.

On cue he misses a chance.  But he really hasn't had much of a chance to do anything.

Oh you're kidding me

Firmino with all of these moves in the box... they must work in Bundesliga.

I skipped out on work for this one...

No one has their own songs I guess.

"We're gonna win the league" and the Steve Gerrard song.  Everywhere we go. :lol:

Well, I thought we'd get one, but I always saw Le'ster getting the points today.

Well, I thought we'd get one, but I always saw Le'ster getting the points today.

Just frustrating man. 

Roll on next year when he's not working with someone else's players and we (please God) have someone that can ****ing put the ball in the net. 

Hail. 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven
  • Like 1

Just frustrating man. 

Roll on next year when he's not working with someone else's players and we (please God) have someone that can ****ing put the ball in the net. 

Hail. 

We've had more chances than anyone in the PL since Klopp's come.  That's a fact.  We've created more chances than anyone.

We're FAR behind on goals scored with Rodgers' players.

This year is about staying up and getting the main stand finished in FSG's eyes.  They'll sell.

Though they did tell Klopp they'd pay for Teixeira and he said No, this team is a direct result of their transfer committee. 

It is frustrating, but we will stay up and we have a shot at winning Europa.  I'd only let Sturridge play in Cup matches at this point.  I'd let the boys play more in the league, especially Smith... I'd even mix in Stewart and Brannagan cause why not?

In the Summer there will be MASSIVE changes made.

• Like 1

We've had more chances than anyone in the PL since Klopp's come.  That's a fact.  We've created more chances than anyone.

We're FAR behind on goals scored with Rodgers' players.

This year is about staying up and getting the main stand finished in FSG's eyes.  They'll sell.

Though they did tell Klopp they'd pay for Teixeira and he said No, this team is a direct result of their transfer committee. 

It is frustrating, but we will stay up and we have a shot at winning Europa.  I'd only let Sturridge play in Cup matches at this point.  I'd let the boys play more in the league, especially Smith... I'd even mix in Stewart and Brannagan cause why not?

In the Summer there will be MASSIVE changes made.

On the plus side it'll only set you back a grand to sit the new stand to see this shi ..... Ahhhhh, bollocks!

*I'm WAY more pissed with FSG than any continuing bollocks on the pitch right now. Apologies in advance. 

Hail. 

• Like 1

We'd be top 4 with Sturbridge. But he's not here and we aren't as nobody else can score for **** 

Beyond frustrating. 

Hail. 

Sturridge is behind Kane and Vardy MINIMUM for Euro 2016.  He HAS to play if he wants in the England squad, you'd think.

I don't know what his deal is, but he has to play and he has to play well.

• Like 1

I'm curious as to why myself unless they are looking for a way to pay for the main stand... which they said wouldn't be paid for by a ticket hike.

The way the Redskins "increased prices" by not having to increase prices, per se, was to get rid of the end zone seating and most of the rows 16-29 on the 400 level on the sidelines. No one really made a stink about it, but you priced a lot of dudes out by doing that. It's an increase of about $20 per ticket (per game) just moving from row 16 to row 15. Obviously not everyone had to make that move, and some were happy because it opened up seating lower and closer to the field. Though for my money, there isn't a better seat in the house to see the action than there is at about midway up the 400s (save for row 1 off the 400s, which Mark the Homer will agree is bar none, the best seat in the house and it's where he has his tickets).

But if the overall goal is to pay for the main stand addition, and the locals show that they will pay, why would an ownership group knock the prices back down after the main stand is completed and paid for?

Conceivably, you are increasing your revenue by adding those 20k seats up there. Why go early and not wait a year? The only other thing I can think of is they want to be able to add that to the list of benefits for when they sell. "We've got a historic ground, where we've added 20,000 or so seats, and we've got the locals paying the highest prices in England to come and watch".

It really is a bad look and it really is all about the money. Squeezing every last drop out of your investment. There's no other way to justify it. It's beyond sad.

The only way I'd pay for those prices would be if they went out and bought a championship winning side in the summer. Which, with the restraint shown yesterday, seems to be in the cards barring what City and Chelsea do. I think Arsenal take a year off (so to speak) after they win the title this year.

Do you have a link or is it on Netflix or Prime by any chance?

I know there's a couple out there.

I'll find it after work. I will always say La liga plays the most beautiful version of soccer. My teams especially my last one played Barca triangles and possession. It's like poetry in motion if you can replicate it to a point. I was so mad I couldn't take time off when Barca came to Richmond to host a camp. My friends will tell you I was bummed for weeks.