Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

Just seen the Sunderland goals. 

Mingolet justifying the extension yet again them? Sighs. 

Real poor wall in the first instance. But then he sets that up. And he should never get beat by such a tame FK his near post. 

The second was totally on Sakho with his piss poor defending yet again. You're (supposed to be)  marking their most dangerous threat the box. That doesn't mean you stand off him and allow him to turn. Divvy. 

I can only presume, having left at 2-0 and L'pool coasting to 3 points, the FK error changed things. Please God let this just be a case of securing a decent fee and some other 'keeper arrive this summer. 

Hail. 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven
  • Like 1

Hey now, Lester have outspent Arsenal 2:1 this season. 

GHH alone has outspent Arsenal this season.  :D

Congrats to Pool fans who really put their actions where their words were before.  I didn't see it, but everything I've read was very positive and described lots and lots of fans leaving.  Great solidarity.

Also, make sure you don't let these folks from the 'sox affect your feelings towards us Yanks.  Vast majority support your efforts.

Maybe "Sox Yanks Out!!!"

Edited by btfoom
  • Like 1

Seriously can't believe some of the absolute garbage, to be polite, on twitter over the walkout. Not from other clubs fans, who are in the main supportive. But from so called Reds. If I had a penny for how many times I've read tonight 'It's utterly pointless/ You deserted the team and cost them three points/ If you don't like it you don't have to pay it' et all. 

It just ..... sighs. SO many of our fan base still need seriously educating on what really matters. Thankfully, there's MANY more this time round that don't and are prepared to stand up as one and fight. I shouldn't even be bothered by the ridiculousness (still being polite) of the twitter hoards. Not that any vindication for standing up for your fellow fan is needed, but the big media coverage both sides of the Atlantic/ club legends like Roy Evans and Jamie Carragher in full support/ the club captain adding his backing/ MOTD fully backing the walkout at the start of this campaign et all MORE than does that than any uneducated moron on twitter can try tear down. Just saddens you that there's Liverpool 'fans' among them spouting crap.

I wasn't going to say anything on anyone that didn't walk. A protest, however just, is unto the individual and can't be forced. And people have their own reasons for seeing the game out. Then you get to some of the comments .....

Today and going forward was nothing to do with the team and everything about the future of our game. Keep accepting it, and next time it could well be your seat that gets hiked. After reading some of the absolute crap I've been reading this evening, I hope everyone that did stay after the 77th minute felt guilty for your fellow fan. 

Because you should. 

Hail. 

• Like 3

Fantastic to read such a positive media response this morning to yesterdays events both sides of the Atlantic and around Europe. Not that it was needed, but that MORE than justify's making a stand. 

15,000 walking man in three short days. Staggering. In the same way we've stood up and fought the highest powers in the land for the past going on 27 years to get justice for our dead, I'm not sure that happens at any other club or in any other City. 

Proudest I've been at a match all season. 

Boston, the ball is in your court. Enough is ENOUGH!

Hail. 

Brilliant on the walk out yesterday.  Was honestly not sure how it was going down but when I heard how loud YNWA was at 75' I knew it was going to be good.

As for Mignolet.... that free kick had no business going in.  But he might be the worst near post keeper in England.  I give him a bit longer of a leash on the Dafoe goal because the defenders just totally let him down.

• Like 1

Brilliant on the walk out yesterday.  Was honestly not sure how it was going down but when I heard how loud YNWA was at 75' I knew it was going to be good.

As for Mignolet.... that free kick had no business going in.  But he might be the worst near post keeper in England.  I give him a bit longer of a leash on the Dafoe goal because the defenders just totally let him down.

Ta man. Boston are about to find they've chosen the wrong fanbase and wrong City to **** with. 

And can we PLEASE see Danny Ward West Ham. Pretty PLEASE? Ala FSG's greed, with Simon, enough is ENOUGH! 

12 of the oppositions last 15 shots on our goal have gone in. 80 ****ing percent. With Sunderland 2 for 2 yesterday. Yeah, we're utter ****e all over the park. But you have NO chance with a clown like that behind you. 

Hail. 

• Like 1

Ta man. Boston are about to find they've chosen the wrong fanbase and wrong City to **** with. 

And can we PLEASE see Danny Ward West Ham. Pretty PLEASE? Ala FSG's greed, with Simon, enough is ENOUGH! 

12 of the oppositions last 15 shots on our goal have gone in. 80 ****ing percent. With Sunderland 2 for 2 yesterday. Yeah, we're utter ****e all over the park. But you have NO chance with a clown like that behind you. 

Hail. 

Oh I think you'll get Danny Ward and Danny Sturridge for West'Am.

• Like 1

Man, IF the latter is finally healthy, the second half of this year could turn on it's head into something REAL special. 

Just a BIG 'IF.'

Hail. 

If Jurgen plays him in the Cups only I agree.

All we need from the League is to stay up.  But we could still win 3 trophies this year.

• Like 1

Junior year in High School

God, be still my beating heart. 2000/01. The second treble winning season.

SO many memories culminating in the single best week of my supporting life. Cup Final in Cardiff the Saturday and Owen robbing Arsenal blind amid some of the madest celebrations ever. Massive few day bevvie celebration. Travel to Dortmund. Which was one of the funniest drives through Europe ever involving Belgium transvestites, Dutch whores, and a very irate Ikea salesmen. (Long story lol). Another massive bevvie with an ex L'pool player, the big mad Dutch lunatic Eric Meijer, who was at Hamburg at the time, driving down to Dortmund with no ticket to support the boys. And getting pissed out of his head, stripping half naked, and leading his OWN ****ing song stood on a table the square banging the Liverbird tattoo on his chest. Nearly not making the game as I copped for a stunning Chinese girl the tram the ground. Seriously, I was NOT getting off until she did (and although she couldn't understand a word of English I was ****ing in there whatever anyone else will tell you!) and had to be literally dragged off the stop the ground by the boys. I was head over heals in love. Or probably lust. Or some **** haha. The best ever Uefa Cup final that was the craziest of games. Through which I ended up the Alaves end the start the second half getting drunk with the Spanish having, shall we say, 'procured' a UEFA photographers bib and walked round the ground like I was all official like and **** having doors opened for me. More ale and travel home. Then down to London the Saturday to beat Charlton 4-0 and secure the Champions League spot. Followed by the crazy funniest attempted meet at Euston with United, who'd been down at Watford early doors and waited around for us, only to be blocked in the Euston Flyer by the bizzes; for my mate to be having a ****ing conference call between us coming out of Charlton and said pub he called going 'put the first ****ing Manc you see fella on the 'phone' ..... trying to arrange a meet from his front room all the way back in Liverpool the dopey ****. The legendary 'Off The Wall Paul' came out  of the train journey home. Who never even existed. But Mick on the 'phone was on tenterhooks waiting for the next update of how many Utd he was battering like a frigging kid at Christmas the soft **** lol.

Awesomely brilliant mad, hilarious, VERY drunken, VERY little sleep and VERY trophy filled 8 days. 

Oh, the story's I could tell from that season. Only missed the one game. Tranmere away the cup me Ma's birthday I just couldn't get out of. 

But I shall save them until we sit down over a bottle or ten. 

Hail. 

• Like 2

Awesomely brilliant mad, hilarious, VERY drunken, VERY little sleep and VERY trophy filled 8 days. 

Oh, the story's I could tell from that season. Only missed the one game. Tranmere away the cup me Ma's birthday I just couldn't get out of. 

But I shall save them until we sit down over a bottle or ten. 

Hail. 

I was up for 36 hours straight at 10:00 yesterday (our time for kickoff)... I nugged it out and watched.  Passed out right afterwards. :lol:

Didn't even flinch when Migs let in the second.  I've got a good feeling about Ward and a better feeling about Ter Stegen coming here in the summer.

But these Cups... I think we have a good shot at the League Cup and if we play it right, the Europa Cup.  That will be our only way into Champions League this year.  And we can do it.

• Like 1

I was up for 36 hours straight at 10:00 yesterday (our time for kickoff)... I nugged it out and watched.  Passed out right afterwards. :lol:

I figured when I got in and you'd not commented on the awesomely great success of the walk out yesterday something like that had happened. 

Talking of, how's this for Red solidarity? Fans in San Diego walked out the bar! Lol. Brilliant. 

Cai5FEzUUAAgKGw.jpg

Hail. 

• Like 1

Seriously can't believe some of the absolute garbage, to be polite, on twitter over the walkout. Not from other clubs fans, who are in the main supportive. But from so called Reds. If I had a penny for how many times I've read tonight 'It's utterly pointless/ You deserted the team and cost them three points/ If you don't like it you don't have to pay it' et all. 

It just ..... sighs. SO many of our fan base still need seriously educating on what really matters. Thankfully, there's MANY more this time round that don't and are prepared to stand up as one and fight. I shouldn't even be bothered by the ridiculousness (still being polite) of the twitter hoards. Not that any vindication for standing up for your fellow fan is needed, but the big media coverage both sides of the Atlantic/ club legends like Roy Evans and Jamie Carragher in full support/ the club captain adding his backing/ MOTD fully backing the walkout at the start of this campaign et all MORE than does that than any uneducated moron on twitter can try tear down. Just saddens you that there's Liverpool 'fans' among them spouting crap.

I wasn't going to say anything on anyone that didn't walk. A protest, however just, is unto the individual and can't be forced. And people have their own reasons for seeing the game out. Then you get to some of the comments .....

Today and going forward was nothing to do with the team and everything about the future of our game. Keep accepting it, and next time it could well be your seat that gets hiked. After reading some of the absolute crap I've been reading this evening, I hope everyone that did stay after the 77th minute felt guilty for your fellow fan. 

Because you should. 

Hail. 

I've noticed that there are a lot of EPL fans that have undying loyalty to the club  and think they can do no wrong. Arsenal have them too. 

Most of them aren't ST holders predictably 

• Like 1

Very few do but the main thing you need to take is that he was WELL in with the stunning German/ Chinese girl on the tram in Dortmund.

Ugh... here we go again.

Can this one cook at least?

Honestly, that's really just a hip hop thing. Lindegard probably has no idea who Cam Newton is lol

I doubt it... with as many chances he's had this season he should've done it more than Cam.

• Like 1