Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

Follow 

Liverpool considering a review of elements of their new ticket price structure in light of Saturday's protests at Anfield.RETWEETS 

Tony BarrettVerified account ‏@TonyBarretTimes 27m27 minutes ago
Discussions between FSG & senior Liverpool management took place today & are set to continue this week.

Liverpool FC to consider urgent review of ticket costs after fans' Anfield protest - Liverpool Echo

WOW! SO soon. Anyone want to tell us again that the walkout was a bad idea?

Hail. 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven
  • Like 1

Zouma's injury looked a shocker. Leg's aren't supposed to bend like that.

Hope for his sake it's not an ACL or that could ruin a very promising young career before it's really even started.

Hail.

Gutted for zouma. Guus said in the presser afterward it was a hyper extension. Him and Willian have been the lone bright spots for Chelsea in an otherwise forgettable season. Hope as much as any man can hope it is not ligament damage Edited by SkinssRvA
  • Like 1

Members from SOS, Spion Kop 1906 and the LSC, the three groups who formed the ticket working group, answering questions for the next hour or so for anyone interested. Not surprisingly the gutless ****s from Liverpool turned down another invitation to join in.

#TicketQA to ask. https://twitter.com/hashtag/TicketQA?src=hash

The YouTube to the live discussion is obviously now dead but I'll link the audio when it's up. Excellent and very informative Q and A. 

Boston, the ball really is now firmly in your court. You've seen fan power in action after 24 short hours and all the highlighted negative reaction it's brought on your outright greed. All we want is fair consideration for all and affordable parity across the board. Hopefully you'll come back to dialogue and set this right. 

Because if you **** this up again your brand is going to get shot to ****. If you think Sat'day was bad, wait for future action.

Hail. 

https://twitter.com/thisisanfield/status/696823874336526338

This would be awesomely brilliant and such an effective message across the board that enough is ENOUGH!

SERIOUS momentum rolling after Saturdays fantastic stand and if other fanbases start to join in, the clubs won't know what's hit them! Really feels like something real tangible has been started and it's a fight we can win through strength of unity. 

Football without fans is NOTHING! Start treating us with the respect we deserve and make the game affordable for all!

Hail.

https://twitter.com/thisisanfield/status/696823874336526338

This would be awesomely brilliant and such an effective message across the board that enough is ENOUGH!

SERIOUS momentum rolling after Saturdays fantastic stand and if other fanbases start to join in, the clubs won't know what's hit them! Really feels like something real tangible has been started and it's a fight we can win through strength of unity. 

Football without fans is NOTHING! Start treating us with the respect we deserve and make the game affordable for all!

Hail.

So for GHH and anyone else who is behind this stand, I have a some question (not loaded, just want to ask).

Is the issue that the prices were raised to a level that is problematic for the 'average' fan to afford?

Are the raises out of line with any recent raises and too much at one time?

Are the newly proposed ticket prices out of line with similar prices around the league, as far as similar teams?

Are you upset more that the owners are American and less so that the prices are raised?

Do you object to any price rises?  Is it OK for the 'more wealthy' fans to pay increases while the 'real fans/less wealthy' tickets stay the same?

Are you upset because the new TV deal gives the teams lots of money and you think they are being greedy to raise ticket prices?

Lastly, would you be OK with raising ticket prices if it led to more spending in the transfer market?

Edited by btfoom

I was up for 36 hours straight at 10:00 yesterday (our time for kickoff)... I nugged it out and watched.  Passed out right afterwards. :lol:

Didn't even flinch when Migs let in the second.  I've got a good feeling about Ward and a better feeling about Ter Stegen coming here in the summer.

But these Cups... I think we have a good shot at the League Cup and if we play it right, the Europa Cup.  That will be our only way into Champions League this year.  And we can do it.

You have a small chance at the league cup, and NO chance at the other 2 cups..  

Sorry, but that is the reality.  The League cup run was very lucky in that you didn't have to beat any real sides.

Europa and FA Cup are beyond your grasp.  Good luck in the other-ran cup.

So for GHH and anyone else who is behind this stand, I have a some question (not loaded, just want to ask).

Is the issue that the prices were raised to a level that is problematic for the 'average' fan to afford?

Are the raises out of line with any recent raises and too much at one time?

Are the newly proposed ticket prices out of line with similar prices around the league, as far as similar teams?

Are you upset more that the owners are American and less so that the prices are raised?

Do you object to any price rises? Is it OK for the 'more wealthy' fans to pay increases while the 'real fans/less wealthy' tickets stay the same?

Are you upset because the new TV deal gives the teams lots of money and you think they are being greedy to raise ticket prices?

Lastly, would you be OK with raising ticket prices if it led to more spending in the transfer market?

I was going to answer until I came across the 4th point, American owner line.

Go troll somewhere else. This is NO laughing matter.

Hail.

You have a small chance at the league cup, and NO chance at the other 2 cups..  

Sorry, but that is the reality.  The League cup run was very lucky in that you didn't have to beat any real sides.

Europa and FA Cup are beyond your grasp.  Good luck in the other-ran cup.

You think you guys have a shot at Bundesliga this year?

• Like 1

Hail.

Being that they normally don't buy players, they don't understand how little 2 million pounds actually gets you.

• Like 1

Hail.

I would be curious as to the answer, outside of the 4th question. ;D

So if you feel so inclined, I would appreciate being educated on the specifics.

Edited by MisterPinstripe

I'm about to get off a train so it won't be until at least tomorrow morning the train home, but what do you want to know? Or just answers to his questions?

Hail.

I was interested to see what the answers to basically all of his questions outside of the 4th one. Why do you all view the price hikes the way you do. Are there situations where a price hike would be understandable, etc. Just interested to hear how a different culture, coming from both the English/Liverpool culture and soccer culture. The way teams work in the US is different, as you are aware, so Im just rather interested from that perspective.

Hail.

Not meant to be a trolling question at all.  You focus often on getting the "Yanks Out".  I was just curious if foreign/American ownership had anything to do with it.  That was an honest question.  Sorry you took it as trolling, which I certainly was not (I've done that enough in other posts).

Edit - the reason I asked is that I've never seen the same level of passion/organization here in the US when prices are raised.  Sure, there are some groups that protest, but not at that level.

Your type of passion reminds me more of college football over here.  

Edited by btfoom