Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

Have you ever seen muller?? That guys is on auto whine.

You are whining about a team beating you who doesn't have the same financial ability as you. Just to point out. Must be nice to pay €1 for your stadium. I'm talking about Bayenr in case you get confused amongst your teams.

Stadium envy? I mean of course it's beautiful (I love the changing colors outside thing) but I don't know why you are talking like Arsenal's ground is crap. Bayern's new home was long overdue. Olympic stadium was crap.

You are targeting one player. Outside Muller(I'll give you Robben too) do you see the entire Munich team yelling at the refs for calls and cards after each tackle? That's honestly disappointing that Arsenal does that quite often especially at home where the fans will influence it more.

Edited by RichmondRedskin88

Aurier blowing a gasket and his future calling his coach a "fag" and Di Maria a "bozo" ! Welcome to the evil empire :rolleyes:

Bienvenue a mon ami. 

Missed yers. 

Liverpool and Daniel Sturridge today - C'est magnifique!

JUNIOR! Go sign up and take a team in the ES Mock Draft so I can kick your ass!

Hail. 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven
  • Like 1

Stadium envy? I mean of course it's beautiful (I love the changing colors outside thing) but I don't know why you are talking like Arsenal's ground is crap. Bayern's new home was long overdue. Olympic stadium was crap.

You are targeting one player. Outside Muller(I'll give you Robben too) do you see the entire Munich team yelling at the refs for calls and cards after each tackle? That's honestly disappointing that Arsenal does that quite often especially at home where the fans will influence it more.

Just like you target one game and take that as why Arsenal do. They already got hosed on a poor call, should they just take it? Are they like barca that surrounds the ref every call?

No, don't care about your stadium. Just another your unceasing, hypocritical whining.

Just like you target one game and take that as why Arsenal do. They already got hosed on a poor call, should they just take it? Are they like barca that surrounds the ref every call?

No, don't care about your stadium. Just another your unceasing, hypocritical whining.

Arsenal does it a lot especially at home. They are on nbc a lot so I do catch a fair amount. They spend a good amount of time whining for cards and calls. Also your best player (Henry) ever said they got it right. But this idea Arsenal fans have that everyone's got it out for them is ridiculous.

Maybe I'm a bit unfairly critical of the Gooner folk because the Richmond group have a lot of tools (atleast on game day). I occasionally go to a place downtown to watch Bayern games and they boo you when you walk through the door. They talk so much **** even if you walk by them saying nothing. Happened right before the Munich beat down.

Edited by RichmondRedskin88

Second TERRIBLE penalty award today. 

Lucky, lucky Tottenham. 

Hail. 

took the wife out for Japanese food and just came back and saw that.  HORRIBLE pen to be given.

And I think you and I dislike Sterling more than anyone else in this thread.

Could definitely argue he makes himself bigger, but from that angle there wasn't enough obvious movement to the naked eye.

Edited by DC9

Today's moment in MLS zen

http://www.sounderatheart.com/sounders-trades-transfers-rumors/2016/2/14/10989262/why-obafemi-martins-transfer-is-unlikely-to-yield-allocation-money?utm_campaign=sounderatheart&utm_content=chorus&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter

Losing a player like Obafemi Martins is a tough pill to swallow almost no matter the circumstances. The Nigerian international scored 40 goals and had 23 assists in a little less than three full seasons in Seattle. Few players in MLS history have produced that much, that quickly, and by all appearances Martins was poised for another standout season.

But what makes Martins' decision to move to the Chinese Super League even tougher is that the Sounders almost certainly will not receive any sort of Allocation Money windfall.

Why? Based on the information we gathered during the Fredy Montero-transfer saga, the Sounders would have needed to recoup the fee they paid to secure Martins' services (that Martins technically paid his own buyout is almost certainly irrelevant as he was certainly repaid by the Sounders) as well as the over-the-cap portion of his salary. The Sounders effectively paid a €3 million transfer fee (at the time it was the equivalent of about $4 million) and an additional $6.5 million in salary (about $5.2 million of which would have been over the cap).

To start getting allocation money, the Sounders would have needed to secure a transfer fee of somewhere in the neighborhood of $9 million. The latest report suggests the sides have agreed to a fee of about $3 million. It's also fair to assume Martins was looking for a raise on the $3 million salary he was paid last year, but the Sounders were almost surely unlikely to be in a mood to give him one less than a year after they agreed to nearly double the first contract he signed with the team.

The timing for the move is obviously far from ideal. The Sounders have a CONCACAF Champions League quarterfinal in nine days and even if they move quickly on a new signing, it's hard to imagine that deal being completed within the 48 hours of the match he'd need to be in order to be eligible. As long as they leave one of their 30 roster spots open, though, the Sounders would be able to add that player if they advance in CCL.

Only MLS could manage to undersell a player to the godless Chinese plutrocrarts.

I feel like the Leicester City narrative makes the EPL the most entertaining league to watch right now. Some may say there is better tactical football in La Liga and the Bundesliga. But take a look at the Bundesliga. It is lterally Bayern running away with the title with Dortmund trailing. That's it. Meanwhile the EPL race is wide open. It was also wide open two years ago when Citeh won it. That's a good thing. 

Why is the race so open? Because of parity. Because, according to one poster on another forum, the money from the TV deals is helping the entire league. Mid-table teams like Leicester City can contend with the big boys, if only for a year. No one expected Vardy and Leicester City to be on top of the table this late. Nobody. It's a good story and we're all eager to see how it plays out. 

Even if you discount Leicester City, the notion of Pep Guardiola joining Kloppo and other such superstars in the EPL continues to lend credence to the argument that, while it may not be the most "watchable" football from a tactical standpoint, it may as well be the most entertaining. And that's all that matters, that people are watching.

INTERVIEW: THE GLIDING GENIUS OF JOHN BARNES - The Anfield Wrap

HIGHLY enjoyable read for all reds with one of the most naturally talented footballers England has ever had. And outside of Kenny, and all he means to this City, my all time favourite L'pool player.

Hail. 

Mine, too.  Love John Barnes.

GHH is that you ?

That's jobaga.  He's been off the radar for a time now.  Occasionally he'll pop up on the net like away at Carlisle and then here in Birmingham today.

He's been over there since Klopp signed... he's really going the extra mile to ensure Marco Rues signs this summer.

That's really the difference between us and other supporters.  It's the dedication and attention to detail.

But take a look at the Bundesliga. It is lterally Bayern running away with the title with Dortmund trailing.

ix, you just don't understand football.

What a day.

And then Barca scores 5 in the second half.  Ridiculous stuff from MSN.

Lil' bro, I'm out of likes. 

So consider two likes in place of two less ass kickings. 

I just made you and mom happy and we absolutely snotted a team we should for once. With Daniel MF Sturridge back doing what Daniel MF Sturridge does better than most anyone. AND I got some French right for once!

I F-ing ROCK! L'pool F'ing ROCK MORE! This has been an AWESOME day!

GHH is that you ?

Valentines Day. 

We go the extra mile.

'Dedication and attention to detail' as the man said above. 

Hail. 

• Like 2

That's really the difference between us and other supporters.  It's the dedication and attention to detail.

And just to show our City's famous humility and generosity, what should I bring our German 'friend' back from Munich this week?

A fold up map of Munich so he can finally point out where in the World it is? An 'I was a Munich fan before Pep. HONEST!' t-shirt to stop him being laughed at in bars? Or just a **** load of shares so he can actually own the club like every other German in the World apparently does?

Decisions, decisions. 

I'll just take an "I was wrong" on Divock if you don't mind. :D

I was wrong on Divock. My early assertion that 'he'll never be a footballer so long as he has a hole in his arse!' I now realise was premature and misguided and I should of listened to the brat. 

BUT lest we forget .....

Said brat did Lord Benteke as the next Fowler/ Rush/ Suarez/ Torres rolled into one and has had a VERY public ass kicking on a foolhardy bet he placed so yer know, don't listen to him too much. 

*What the one with the cool ass accent giveth with one hand, he taketh away with the other.  :D .

Hail. 

• Like 2

Even if you discount Leicester City, the notion of Pep Guardiola joining Kloppo and other such superstars in the EPL continues to lend credence to the argument that, while it may not be the most "watchable" football from a tactical standpoint, it may as well be the most entertaining. And that's all that matters, that people are watching.

This man understands what a fan wants to see. 

Entertainment. 

Hail. 

And just to show our City's famous humility and generosity, what should I bring our German 'friend' back from Munich this week?

A fold up map of Munich so he can finally point out where in the World it is? An 'I was a Munich fan before Pep. HONEST!' t-shirt to stop him being laughed at in bars? Or just a **** load of shares so he can actually own the club like every other German in the World apparently does?

Decisions, decisions.

I was wrong on Divock. My early assertion that 'he'll never be a footballer so long as he has a hole in his arse!' I now realise was premature and misguided and I should of listened to the brat.

BUT lest we forget .....

Said brat did Lord Benteke as the next Fowler/ Rush/ Suarez/ Torres rolled into one and has had a VERY public ass kicking on a foolhardy bet he placed so yer know, don't listen to him too much.

*What the one with the cool ass accent giveth with one hand, he taketh away with the other. :D .

Hail.

If you want to bring a back a Allianz Arena poster I'd appreciate it ;) I have another jerseys and scarf on the way so I'm good there.