Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

Adios Muchacho

On another note, I just don't see the same quality in the last 2 Brazilian world cup teams that I used to see in the 80's and 90's, we'll see what happens but I'd take Belgium all day over Brazil.

Edited by JSSkinz
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, JSSkinz said:

Adios Muchacho

On another note, I just don't see the same quality in the last 2 Brazilian world cup teams that I used to see in the 80's and 90's, we'll see what happens but I'd take Belgium all day over Brazil.

It's a coin flip for me but edge to Belgium at the moment because Casemiro is suspended for next match. All that open play needs to be anchored with a steady middle. Fernandinho should be able to fill in, but we'll see. Interesting to see what Belgium does—De Bruyne might be pinned back by defensive responsibilities. Maybe drop Mertens into midfield and go 3-5-2. ASSUMING BELGIUM WINS TODAY.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, JSSkinz said:

Adios Muchacho

Their team that won it in 1994 was actually quite dull, but they were organized at the back and their defensive midfield was suffocating. I suppose it depends on what you consider quality, but they have plenty of it even if they're not as entertaining as you expect from Brazil. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Berggy9598 said:

Their team that won it in 1994 was actually quite dull, but they were organized at the back and their defensive midfield was suffocating. I suppose it depends on what you consider quality, but they have plenty of it even if they're not as entertaining as you expect from Brazil. 

Oddly, they're (Brazil 1994) kind built like Uruguay in 2018. Nice defending and two good strikers (if Cavani is fit).

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Elessar78 said:

Oddly, they're (Brazil 1994) kind built like Uruguay in 2018. Nice defending and two good strikers (if Cavani is fit).

There is definitely a resemblance and I'd actually give Cavani and Suarez the edge in terms of how they play together. Neither are as good as Romario was IMO one of the most underrated superstars of all time. 

Japan 2-0 ! Nice strategy focusing on Meunier. They are way too fast for the tall slow Belgians

DeBruyn face is as red as his jersey, he seems lost on the field with no stamina

Edited by FrFan