Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

13 minutes ago, Berggy9598 said:

If Germany go out in the groups and England win a shootout, who's up for building an ES soccer thread Armageddon bunker? 

Belgium vs Croatia in the final. As soon as the final whistle blows, so does the Yellowstone caldera.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

England are extremely ****y and sanctimonious about soccer and very arrogant. They believe they invented soccer and are entitled to hundreds of World Cups. 

That being said props for them for overcoming this mental obstacle that had haunted them for years...

NOw GO SWEDEN! 

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Hey mates, I am a day behind on my reactions.

Re: Brazil-Mexico

Everyone should be petrified of this Brazil team.  They look focussed, confident, businesslike.  All the hubbub over Neymar is funny, but he does legit get fouled.   Layun deserved a red for the blatant, cheap grass step on his ankle.  Probably learned it from Suarez at Barcelona.  The space creation on 1-0 goal was magnificent.  Every other team seems to be shooting into the teeth instead of getting deep, passing.

Re:Belgium-Japan

Shocking all the way around.  Shocking play to go up for Japan, and a shocking comeback.  Best game of the knockout stage.  Japan was so technical and Belgium so physical.  The cerebral dummy by Lukaku on the GW goal was fantastic, as well as his spacing to draw defender to him and open up passing lane. 

Re: Sweden-Switzerland

These may have been two weaker teams in the knockout round, but still an.entsrtaining match.  What seperates the top class teams is the ability to finish, and fitting for Sweden to advance with the lucky bounce. 

1 hour ago, Fergasun said:

Hey mates, I am a day behind on my reactions.

Re: Brazil-Mexico

Everyone should be petrified of this Brazil team.  They look focussed, confident, businesslike.  All the hubbub over Neymar is funny, but he does legit get fouled.   Layun deserved a red for the blatant, cheap grass step on his ankle.  Probably learned it from Suarez at Barcelona.  The space creation on 1-0 goal was magnificent.  Every other team seems to be shooting into the teeth instead of getting deep, passing.

Re:Belgium-Japan

Shocking all the way around.  Shocking play to go up for Japan, and a shocking comeback.  Best game of the knockout stage.  Japan was so technical and Belgium so physical.  The cerebral dummy by Lukaku on the GW goal was fantastic, as well as his spacing to draw defender to him and open up passing lane. 

Re: Sweden-Switzerland

These may have been two weaker teams in the knockout round, but still an.entsrtaining match.  What seperates the top class teams is the ability to finish, and fitting for Sweden to advance with the lucky bounce. 

Brazil's reputation is what it is but their last two world cup winning teams were gritty, and this one is too, but at the same time this is bizzaro world cup. Germany always get out of their group, England never win a shootout and when Brazil always win it when they play a grittier brand of football. These are all givens right. 

France vs Brazil should be very entertaining, I do not underestimate the power of the roids on the Russian side, could be Russia vs Sweden :unsure::)

Griezmann declared he feels half Uruguayan. Suarez responded he is not, he doesn't know what it is to be Uruguayan.

So basically we're going to play 10 1/2 vs 11 1/2 !

I don't what the hell is wrong with him, what a bozo, he's been a major distraction from his video to this comment.

Edited by FrFan
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

England winning in PK is like the Caps getting the Penguin monkey off their back. Could be what springboards them to a Cup run.

Have England impressed you at all since playing Belgium? There are much better teams left in the tourney -- France, Brazil and Belgium.

And Russia is going to be tough to beat with that massive, rabid home crowd.

One final game to comment on from the knockout stage... 

Re: England - Colombia

I was a bit upset the way England went up on the PK.  I think Kane drew the foul and he stumbled / slowed down leading the Colombian player's momentum in to him.  Unfortunately Mr. Colombia jumped onto his back... without the piggy-back I wouldn't have awarded a PK... and I don't know why he jumped on Kane's back.  Everything  that happened before that was just jockeying for position between the two players.  It was already a dirty match.... and for Colombia to be complaining is not quite fair, as their player delivered a clear headbutt.  

Once Colombia tied the game, I figured they may have been due to score in ET during open play -- England had already spent a third of the match on a defensive posture, and I would've been surprised by them scoring in ET.  

Great mental toughness by the English team to win on PKs, especially after going down.  

Uruguay - France 

Too bad Cavani is too hurt to play in this one.  One would naturally go with France due to overall talent, but naturally most of the teams remaining have strong defenses.  I would still go with France to advance. Would be shocked if they score more than 2. 

Brazil-Belgium 

Looking forward to this one... (I mean they all are) as Brazil gets a real test.  Belgium needs to tighten up their d after Japan scored 2... again Brazil has been stout on D, but this one I'm rooting for Belgium but think Brazil will win. 

Sweden-England 

A  toss-up of ugly teams on this one... neither side has impressed and fine -- I'll pick England if only because they have more name-brand talent. 

Russia-Croatia 

Hosts get knocked out in this one.... at the same time Denmark was able to apply pressure on Croatia.  Nope... I can't buy Russia advancing unless they get some serious home-field advantage (think Korea 2002).  

France-Uruguay: this is the only uneven match of the quarters. France way too deep for Uruguay. France by 2 goals at least.

Brazil-Belgium: should be the best match of the quarters. Both teams brimming with talent. Brazil just has this World Cup luck that

they always get to at least the semis (like in 2014 -- they got outplayed by Columbia and still advanced to the semis), so going with Brazil.

Sweden-England: another extremely even match up. But England really haven't show me much since they ripped Panama 6-1. Sweden OTOH

survived their debacle against Germany and appear to have momentum. Sweden in this one.

Russia-Croatia: Russia playing like a team on steroids in front of their colossal, rabid home crowd. Croatia about to be blindsided by that massive home crowd. 

Russia advances. 

FWIW I have Uriguay being far too strong and savvy deeensively to dog out a win over France. Brazil and Croatia comfortably rolling over Belgium and Russia respectively. And Sweden doging it out to beat England. 

With a Brazil- Croatia final and Brazil winning it all again.

Hail.

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven

So I haven't taken a Spanish class in 20+ years, can someone translate Telemundo's website and tell me if there is a live stream there?  I blew through too much of my monthly data plan streaming the last set of matches on my phone when I was in the office.  Basically looking for a safe stream that isn't blocked by my work servers.

14 minutes ago, Forehead said:

So I haven't taken a Spanish class in 20+ years, can someone translate Telemundo's website and tell me if there is a live stream there?  I blew through too much of my monthly data plan streaming the last set of matches on my phone when I was in the office.  Basically looking for a safe stream that isn't blocked by my work servers.

Use the FS1 app or stream from the FS1 website, the app works better.

9 minutes ago, JSSkinz said:

Use the FS1 app or stream from the FS1 website, the app works better.

Can't do an app, there's no open Wi-Fi at my office and I killed a lot of my monthly data plan by streaming earlier this week.  Foxsports is blocked at work.  Telemundo isn't which is why I asked about that site specifically.  Thanks for weighing in though.