Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

8 hours ago, JSSkinz said:

What?

I agree with that.  They would be favored over every team at a neutral site and probably every team except Mexico at altitude. 

They are a fantastic team.  

Oh.  And **** Michael Bradley

• Like 1

I'd like to see FIFA tell all teams that on fouls where a player acts like they got shot because their shoe lace got clipped, the longer they stay down rolling around the longer they have to check VAR and see if there is embellishment after this World Cup. You want to stop the game and roll around for 90 seconds then they will have 90 seconds to review the foul and see how bad it actually was. Hand out cards according to how extreme the embellishment is. The Mexican player should have been given at least a yellow because he knew what he was doing and didn't step off immediately after stepping on Neymar's ankle, but Neymar should have been booked too for the theatrics. This nonsense has been such a stain on the game for so long and now that they have replay I don't see why they shouldn't review these plays if the player is going to stop the game anyways and give them plenty of time to do so.

I would like some of whatever they have in those spray cans, those spray cans have been curing broken bones and torn muscles on the pitch for decades. 

Edited by Zazzaro703

8 hours ago, Kilmer17 said:

I agree with that.  They would be favored over every team at a neutral site and probably every team except Mexico at altitude. 

They are a fantastic team.  

Oh.  And **** Michael Bradley

Take someone like Shinji Kagawa as an example. Integral part of a team that won the Bundesliga two years running, played in the CL knockouts with Dortmund on a yearly basis, did some good things at Manchester United even though he wasn't used correctly, and when he plays for his country he runs his socks off and he doesn't think he's God's gift to soccer, or that he's doing anyone a favor by being there. Then you have to ask yourself what exactly guys like Bradley, Dempsey and Donovan have achieved to come back to the national team and run around with their chest puffed out.

• Like 2

Good luck Colombia this evening. 

I know they have far better trade agreements with Russia and don’t have to go through the hoops (and expense) Europeans do to enter the Country, but it’s really adding to a brilliant WC (fast becoming the best since ‘86 IMHO), with like half of South America in Russia adding to a brilliant atmosphere. 

So the longer another of their teams last the better. 

Hail.

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven

16 minutes ago, Forehead said:

I missed the first 20 minutes before I decided to download an app, but it appears England is controlling the game.  Feels like Columbia only has a chance by luck or PK's.

even without james, I feel like they should try to take the game to england

3 hours ago, Berggy9598 said:

Not sure why that's questionable. They're certainly miles ahead of the U.S right now unfortunately. 

This is the dumbest statement I've heard in quite some time and it makes me think you have no clue about AFC and CONCACAF football.

The top 5 CONCACAF teams will take out the top 5 AFC teams all day, I would put good money on it.

It's laughable that the AFC gets the same amount of auto bids as Conmebol when there are 3 average teams in the AFC and the other 45 countries are terrible.

Mexico makes it out of the group stage every WC, the US has made it out of the group stage in 3 of the past 4 WC's (Last WC they were in the group of death).

CONCACAF has 3 teams ranked in the top 30 by FIFA, the AFC has none.

"Mile ahead", are you on Robitussin?

5 minutes ago, JSSkinz said:

This is the dumbest statement I've heard in quite some time and it makes me think you have no clue about AFC and CONCACAF football.

The top 5 CONCACAF teams will take out the top 5 AFC teams all day, I would put good money on it.

It's laughable that the AFC gets the same amount of auto bids as Conmebol when there are 3 average teams in the AFC and the other 45 countries are terrible.

Mexico makes it out of the group stage every WC, the US has made it out of the group stage in 3 of the past 4 WC's (Last WC they were in the group of death).

CONCACAF has 3 teams ranked in the top 30 by FIFA, the AFC has none.

"Mile ahead", are you on Robitussin?

I really don't need any soccer lessons. Japan are much better than the U.S right now and it's not close. Not sure what evidence you have to suggest otherwise. Japan has players in most of the top leagues in Europe, they're much more technically sound than most of our players outside of Pulisic and they almost beat Belgium while we couldn't qualify ahead of a team that celebrated a 6-1 loss because they scored a goal in a world cup. No contest at the moment you might need some tussin in that kool-aid you're drinking. 

• Like 2

This Colombian side is a wet turd and I hope the English pour it on them and send them packing 3+ - 0

13 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

USA lost to Trinidad and effing Tobago. Stop.

That doesn't even mention a Trinidad and Tobago team playing for pride and a US team that HAD to at least tie.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Berggy9598 said:

I really don't need any soccer lessons. Japan are much better than the U.S right now and it's not close. Not sure what evidence you have to suggest otherwise. Japan has players in most of the top leagues in Europe, they're much more technically sound than most of our players outside of Pulisic and they almost beat Belgium while we couldn't qualify ahead of a team that celebrated a 6-1 loss because they scored a goal in a world cup. No contest at the moment you might need some tussin in that kool-aid you're drinking. 

I'm not even going to argue this because its so ridiculous, Japan has always been technical but in the end, they cant match up physically, just look at the last goal by Fellaini and how he swallowed up the 5 foot tall Japanese CB as he scored the game-tying goal.

I know the US crapped the bed but people are getting a bit crazy.  We have some good young talent and we'll be ready next cycle.

Japan won 1 game in the entire tournament, it means nothing, consistency is where you gain respect, the US has been consistent whether people want to give them credit for it or not, at least consistent in making WC's and getting out of the group.

Edited by JSSkinz

22 minutes ago, JSSkinz said:

I'm not even going to argue this because its so ridiculous, Japan has always been technical but in the end, they cant match up physically, just look at the last goal by Fellaini and how he swallowed up the 5 foot tall Japanese CB as he scored the game-tying goal.

I know the US crapped the bed but people are getting a bit crazy.  We have some good young talent and we'll be ready next cycle.

Japan won 1 game in the entire tournament, it means nothing, consistency is where you gain respect, the US has been consistent whether people want to give them credit for it or not, at least consistent in making WC's and getting out of the group.

How many players do Japan have that would walk into the U.S starting 11. Other than Pulisic we don't have anyone that could play for Japan. 7.3.2018 it's no contest. 

• Like 1