Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

If they score here the rest of Egypt needs to step up. If they keep letting Russia crowd Salah and dont make them pay they are screwed. Only so much Salah can do.

1 minute ago, AsburySkinsFan said:

Salah has been a non-factor.

PK awarded to Salah...probably too little too late....

Yeah, Russia has almost 5 guys on him at a time. And why not, the rest of the team isnt threatening.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MisterPinstripe said:

If they score here the rest of Egypt needs to step up. If they keep letting Russia crowd Salah and dont make them pay they are screwed. Only so much Salah can do.

Yeah, Russia has almost 5 guys on him at a time. And why not, the rest of the team isnt threatening.

Iceland did the same to messi. Had 3 surrounding him when he didn't have the ball. Frankly, it was unimaginative of Argentina not to move him around like he does for Barca. A lot of the time he sits on the wing for Barca, everybody else does their thing. Until Messi time. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Elessar78 said:

Iceland did the same to messi. Had 3 surrounding him when he didn't have the ball. Frankly, it was unimaginative of Argentina not to move him around like he does for Barca. A lot of the time he sits on the wing for Barca, everybody else does their thing. Until Messi time. 

I imagine that Argentina felt that with all of their other star players that they could have done something when basically up a man, and thus were happy to have 3 guys marking 1. But yeah, same issue as Egypt who doesnt have good enough players. It has been an interesting tournament so far, outside of the US not being in it.

Kind of sucks as I would rather see some of the best players, like Salah, playing on rather than Russia.

3 minutes ago, Elessar78 said:

A high school team I coached had a center forward who scored some spectacular goals, and some other teams used to obsess over her threat more than they should. In one game they put both center backs on her, marking tightly. When we were on the attack she would drop back into to midfield and other players on our team scored twice through the empty space while the opposition was working out what was going on. :-)

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Corcaigh said:

A high school team I coached had a center forward who scored some spectacular goals, and some other teams used to obsess over her threat more than they should. In one game they put both center backs on her, marking tightly. When we were on the attack she would drop back into to midfield and other players on our team scored twice through the empty space while the opposition was working out what was going on. :-)

Brilliant. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AsburySkinsFan said:

I swear by all that’s holy ESPN sucks at soccer coverage!! 

Around the Horn...nothing

PTI....Neymar limp and Ronaldo

NOTHING about three big upsets today

NOTHING about the Senegal controversy

Just useless.

I think that the only time I ever watch ESPN is for college football.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, AsburySkinsFan said:

Just useless.

Need more time for Lebron coverage.

22 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Russia will get waxed in the round of 32. No gift competition.

Host teams can go on runs in this tournament if they're galvanized and start playing out of their skin. I wouldnt want to play them in the knockout stages. 

14 hours ago, AsburySkinsFan said:

Just useless.

Try watching them on a streaming channel using a UK broadcasting

Edited by FrFan