Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

I haven't been able to watch much of the first, Germany is dominating possession but had fewer shots, is Mexico countering the **** out of them?

Typically 34% possession doesn't yield 10 shots.

As a German and an American, this is tragic.

Edited by JSSkinz

1 minute ago, JSSkinz said:

I haven't been able to watch much of the first, Germany is dominating possession but had fewer shots, is Mexico countering the **** out of them?

Typically 34% possession doesn't yield 10 shots.

As a German and an American, this is tragic.

Mexico is absolutely torching Germany in transition with their speed.  Could’ve easily scored 2-3 goals in the half.

I don't ****ing give a **** about the circumstances, if you go DOWN in the ****ing box you get a penalty

I just don't ****ing understand how you can claim otherwise

IF YOU GET TACKLED DOWN IN THE BOX, YOU GET A PENALTY. I MEAN I'M TRYING TO STAY NEUTRAL HERE BUT THAT ****ING CALL WAS ****ING DUMB AS ****. MEXICO SHOULD HAVE GOTTEN A PK. 

9 minutes ago, ixcuincle said:

I don't ****ing give a **** about the circumstances, if you go DOWN in the ****ing box you get a penalty

IF YOU GET TACKLED DOWN IN THE BOX, YOU GET A PENALTY. I MEAN I'M TRYING TO STAY NEUTRAL HERE BUT THAT ****ING CALL WAS ****ING DUMB AS ****. MEXICO SHOULD HAVE GOTTEN A PK. 

Ever heard of flopping? Or guys tripping over each other's feet?

I've never seen the Germans have such a hard time scoring, I only watched the 2nd half and they absolutely dominated Mexico.

Good strategy by Mexico, when you know you cant match up talent wise playing the counter can be effective.

I didn't see a penalty except for the handball by the Mexican that wasn't called.

49 minutes ago, ixcuincle said:

They didn't even go to VAR on that... I thought that was ridiculous... me placing a hand on your shoulder trying to catch up from behind because you are ahead of me....

Typical day for Mexicans... doing the jobs Americans won't do like kicking ass at Futbol....

But seriously, that was a fantastic victory... Mexico could have easily had a couple more goals.  We have some very close Mexican friends and I told them that for sure Mexico is going to win at least 1 round of the knockout stage, and Chucky was going to be the breakout star for them....

Lots of talent on that team. 

2 hours ago, JSSkinz said:

This is garbage, Mexico is playing Bruce Arena style football, packing it in and countering because they don't want to get boat raced again like in the Confederation Cup.

Their tactics were brilliant good for them. There's absolutely no shame in counter attaacking football and they played it perfectly. It's not a matter of being scared you don't play attacking football and get crushed just to earn the respect of people on a message board. Mexico thoroughly deserved to win.

1 hour ago, ixcuincle said:

So shocking Mexico won...

Is it? That German starting 11 was just about the slowest most lethargic lineup they could have went with. Ozil and Muller have been finished players for a few years now. Germany won't make it out of this group if they don't realize it's not 2012.

Edited by Berggy9598
  • Like 1

I just want to echo **** Mexico. I will never forgive their fans for their boorish and malicious behavior whenever they play USA. Throwing batteries at the American players and whatnot, booing the anthem. Disgusting. Hope they get annihilated in their next game.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, abdcskins said:

I just want to echo **** Mexico. I will never forgive their fans for their boorish and malicious behavior whenever they play USA. Throwing batteries at the American players and whatnot, booing the anthem. Disgusting. Hope they get annihilated in their next game.

I hate them worse than the Cowboys.

People will read more into this win than it was, Mexico had 2 shots the entire 2nd half, Germany had 25 shots on the game and 61% possession, they played fine they just couldn't finish and they were lackadaisical in the first half.

• Like 1

For 20 years I've been listening to the Mexicans say they can compete for a WC and they are still a tier 2 team, at best.  Every WC they get out of the group and lose in the round of 16.

They definitely won't win a cup playing the way they did today, they won today's game the way an inferior team tries to win a game against a powerhouse, it was weak and it annoys me because for years they gave us **** about playing bunker ball.

17 hours ago, JSSkinz said:

For 20 years I've been listening to the Mexicans say they can compete for a WC and they are still a tier 2 team, at best.  Every WC they get out of the group and lose in the round of 16.

They definitely won't win a cup playing the way they did today, they won today's game the way an inferior team tries to win a game against a powerhouse, it was weak and it annoys me because for years they gave us **** about playing bunker ball.

You insist on calling them out on something that's standard practice in soccer. It's also the tribal nature of soccer fandom to call out other teams for something every team or national team does like thier team is holier than thou and don't do it. It was invented in a small town in the Northwest of England by the name of Liverpool (or Manchester depending on who you ask) but all soccer fans do it. 

Edited by Berggy9598

33 minutes ago, AsburySkinsFan said:

Garbage

It really doesn't, and the possession football like Spain used to play that drains the life out of the other team is very hard to pull off. This edition of Germany doesn't come anywhere close. Mesut Ozil starting a World Cup game for Germany is an absolute travesty. Muller is a shell of his former self and Khedira was done as a high level international player in 2014. Without any changes there it's Mexico and Serbia coming out of that group. 

Edited by Berggy9598

4 minutes ago, Berggy9598 said:

It really doesn't, and the possession football like Spain used to play that drains the life out of the other team is very hard to pull off. This edition of Germany doesn't come anywhere close. 

Possession is life

Possession is everything

We employ it as a strategy with our club team AND high school, and we run them ragged as we play “keep away”. They want to run a track meet so we let them run and kill themselves on our defense and GK. Then we pass...a lot. And in the last 20 minutes when they’re tired of running the game gets taken away from them.

The Barçelona Style is an excellent system that requires full teamwork and selfless play, and it is beautiful to watch.

At the end of the day, if the other team doesn’t have the ball then they can’t score.

• Like 1